sajaan

very urgent best advise needed

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

dear freind this is very urgent so please give me a good one, thank u . ok when i submited affidavit of support . i had two joint sponsor. with me . but at the time of interview the embassy return one of the 2nd joint sponsor orignal affidavit of support it has a stamp saying recived.they also return one copy of a same affidavit so its copy and orignal.on this joint sponsor i had 2 of the family members with her 3 dependent childrens. that makes it 6 together the poverty line for 6 ppl was $36,912. for 2010

her income is $38000. so thats above the requerment.what is coufusing they return a copy for my affidavit also but nothing for my 1st joint sponor. i dont get it why they have return 2nd joint sponsor affidavit with out saying anything. you think it maybe a mistake they made. on the worksheet which was given to my sister at the time of interview it had something else, when i emailed them yesterday they responed with asking for a joint sponsor . which they already had. what should i do, should i just send them back the same orignal affidavit which they return it has a stamp(recived). they wont tell me how many joint sponsor they have on file via email . if i call them embassy in islamabad you think they'll be able to tell me.is it the same as calling NVC guys please i need your support reply me as soon as possible thank you soo much for ur time

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

In the case of I-864 you can only have ONE joint sponsor... However if the joint sponsor has a family member that contributes to the household like a spouse, that person can provide an I-864A as a member of joint-sponsor's household, and ADD their income to that of the Joint sponsor. (The incomes of Joint sponsor I-864 and member of household I-864A will be added together in this case).

So the sponsors would be.

You the petitioner: I-864

Joint sponsor: I-864

A member of Joint sponsor's household: I-864A

Another option is:

You the petitioner: I-864

A member of your household: I-864A

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

can that person be my wife cuz i did not put her income into my affidavit. also thought we can have two diffrent joint sponses

If using a spouse best to use an I-864A to ADD spouse's income to that of petitioner. If the total of income does not add up to enough, then get a Joint sponsor who's income is enough, the Joint sponsor uses I-864.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline

so can i fillout a new affidavit I-864 and add my wifes income into it and have her fill out I-864A. and send them .

Wife indicates her individule income on line 10 of I-864A

You indicate only your income on your I-864, you do not add wife's income to yours on your I-864..

how many joint sponsor can i use. can i use two different joint sponsors which i did because im sponsring 7ppl together

Each immigrant can have a different joint sponsor, each joint sponsor indicates which intending immigrant they will be joint sponsoring. (Question 8 (NO) Question 9 Check box)

Timeline

yuanddan thank u soo much for ur best advise i think i am getting it let me just refresh please reply at time of interview my sister was given a worksheet it says.

your joint sponsor income is sufficient to meet he requirements of the affidavit of support however some documenttation is missing . the tax form included show that the joint sponsor is married filling jointly,(but she is single and filled it single and that is all her income) the sponsor must sign an I864A form unless there is evidence provided to show that all of the claimed income is from the joint sponsor . what should i send them in this case to show that all of it is her income

Timeline

yuanddan thank u soo much for ur best advise i think i am getting it let me just refresh please reply at time of interview my sister was given a worksheet it says.

your joint sponsor income is sufficient to meet he requirements of the affidavit of support however some documenttation is missing . the tax form included show that the joint sponsor is married filling jointly,(but she is single and filled it single and that is all her income) the sponsor must sign an I864A form unless there is evidence provided to show that all of the claimed income is from the joint sponsor . what should i send them in this case to show that all of it is her income

IRS Return should indicate single status, I would get a copy of transcripts from IRS and re-confirm. Also if worked for an employer the W2 and/or 1099 forms from last years should also indicate individual income.

It sounds like they have your sister confused for your wife. I would also have your wife provide an I-864A to your I-864 to further distinguish that your sister is NOT your wife.

Timeline

so another word we can have up to two joint sponsor rite cuz on I-864 part-1 (E) has a option 1st and 2nd so u think i did the right thing i just should send them back that orignal affidavid from 2nd joint sponsor

can that person be my wife cuz i did not put her income into my affidavit. also thought we can have two diffrent joint sponses

Will her income source continue once she is resident in the US? It's more common to use your beneficiary spouse's assets (for example a property that she owns but plans to sell, a vehicle that she is selling, savings etc.) or income could be if she is already renting out said property and staying with family while her visa is being processed and has a lease that continues for at least 6 months after her visa issuance (I believe, double check this fact).

Remember if you are using your spouse's assets, the value must be divided by 3 when counting it for sponsorship. So if your wife has a car worth $3,000, you can count $1,000 towards your annual income. This is because she is eligible to apply for citizenship only 3 years post receipt of her CR-1/IR-1 visa, as opposed to a non-spouse who has to wait 5 years.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

i think thats what they have mixed us up . cuz when ask for I-864A for married person . i sent them my wifes I864A but on my I864 i didnt add her income should i send them my new I864 with her income add into it . thats should be more then enugh and also send them a copy of joint sponor W2 form with her single status. they alrady have her IRS transcrip which says head of house hold i dont know who has our file at embassy cant tell the diffrence

Timeline

i think thats what they have mixed us up . cuz when ask for I-864A for married person . i sent them my wifes I864A but on my I864 i didnt add her income should i send them my new I864 with her income add into it . thats should be more then enugh and also send them a copy of joint sponor W2 form with her single status. they alrady have her IRS transcrip which says head of house hold i dont know who has our file at embassy cant tell the diffrence

Who filed the I-130 petition for the visas in first place?? That person MUST provide an I-864 to sponsor, so if you were the petitioner then you must provide the I-864, and wife provides I-864A

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.