Blake and Jeanie

Police certificate: send or take along to the interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello,

We are about ready to mail in the I-864 and the IV packet. My police certificate won't be ready till last week of February. So, I'm wondering if it would be alright to send everything but the certificate, and then just bring the certificate along for the interview. Or does NVC have to see the police certificate before it can pass the case to embassy? Thank you in advance for your responses!

bzYip3.png

May 2004- we meet!

09/27/2008- we are married!

03/05/2009- back to Russia for 2-year HRR

02/17/2010- I-130 sent to USCIS

03/01/2010- NOA1

06/02/2010- NOA2

06/09/2010- our case is at NVC!

06/12/2010- receive DS-3032 and I-864 bill

06/19/2010- I-864 bill is paid

06/25/2010- mailed DS-3032 to NVC

07/15/2010- received Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee Bill Invoice

07/20/2010- Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee is paid (check cleared)

09/20/2010- call NVC and find out that we can start work on I864 and DS230 packets

02/12/2011- AOS (I-864) packet is mailed to NVC

02/14/2011- NVC receives AOS (I-864) packet

03/06/2011- YAY! Finally, the 2 year HRR is fulfilled![/font]

03/07/2011- IV packet is mailed to NVC

04/07/2011- receive a letter from NVC requesting detailed information regarding the circumstances of my 1999 J-1 visa

04/09/2011- we mail the requested info to NVC along with proof that 2-year HRR has been fulfilled

04/30/2011- Check with NVC- get message "Your case was completed on April 27th. Please allow 8 weeks for further instructions"

05/17/2011- receive notification from NVC: interview scheduled for June 1st!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We got an RFE for our police certificate, but it was later determined it was the right certificate. While I was trying to determine exactly what NVC wanted I did ask them if Katya could bring it to the interview and they said it would be okay. I would call to make sure someone has put some note in your case file about it though.

Edited by Henykat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I was in the exact same situation. I sent everything off without the Police certficate and wrote that I would send it on when I receive it or bring it along to the interview but this wasnt ok with NVC. I got a checklist from NVC asking for the Police cert to be sent. So in the end my case was just stuck there until I got the cert and sent it. My case was closed after they got the cert.

So you might as well just wait and send the IV package after you have everything. There's nothing stopping you from sending the I-864 though, so it can be reviewed in the meantime. Good luck!

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello,

We are about ready to mail in the I-864 and the IV packet. My police certificate won't be ready till last week of February. So, I'm wondering if it would be alright to send everything but the certificate, and then just bring the certificate along for the interview. Or does NVC have to see the police certificate before it can pass the case to embassy? Thank you in advance for your responses!

I would suggest you send everything together, no point in confusing them and making it worse for you and getting a RFE and holding things up. Get the police report and send it along with all your documents.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.