Ramadan internet finds thread

88 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

awwwww

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Awwwww, inshaAllah ta'ala I'll have kids that cute.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Need presents for Eid? Well, probably too late to order for this year, but definately keep Kelly Izdihar in mind for when you need a unique present.

Boxes, greeting cards and artwork.

Allah%20(swt).JPG

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

I bet ya thought I was done. Bwahahaha, never! j/k. Just a few articles on life after Ramadan.

irhal.jpg

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's a great link Rahma, thanks.

I only reverted back in June, so this was my first Ramadan.

Before it started I had such BIG plans on all that I would do during the month. And then Ramadan started and I had to wonder what I was thinking.!!! :lol: I had no idea how hard it would be for me.

Needless to say, I don't think I really accomplished any of what I wanted to, however I did learn quite a few things, none of which I think would be "normal" things to learn during Ramadan, but... things which had meaning in my life.

I look forward to checking out all of the articles in the link you posted.

:)

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Timeline

I think most people have grand Ramadan plans (ie I'm not going to watch tv, I'll read the entire Qur'an, I'll go to taraweeh every night), but most don't get everything done that they want to. So, you're normal ;)

irhal.jpg

Timeline

I have a stupid question. Here is a picture of the Iman (or is it imam...i always forget) at my mosque at an Iftar dinner.

iftar06_10th.jpg

Now I have seen several pictures of him (note: I haven't been to my mosque yet...getting up the courage to go this saturday to a woman's session) with his hand like this.......

does he have a cronic toothache or is this symbolic or something? :huh:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

does he have a cronic toothache

:lol:

It's imam... iman is faith

It looks like he's announcing the call to prayer.

k. I thought that was with both hands up to your ears........I really gotta go to a mosque. lol

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

Kinda cheesy, but important message

I'll Miss You

Every year you come and go

Begging Allah because you know

He will give you and ease your pain

Help you through and keep you sane.

But after this month is through

Some will go back to what they do.

At this time the floors are wet (with tears)

Because each night you place is set.

Itikaf, rocking, reciting

The rest of the year the angels are writing.

You call on your Lord with a vigor unseen

Until Ramadan comes again, your worship will not be as keen.

Now we will shop and deplete our funds

After begging Allah for that very one.

No Qiyamul Layl

No Suhoors

I’ll miss your pleas

Until next time they’ll be no more.

I guess I’ll see you again next year,

If the angel takes you, I hope on you will be no fear.

I’ll see you the next time you need Allah,

I’ll Miss You

Author…

The Masjid

irhal.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I have a stupid question. Here is a picture of the Iman (or is it imam...i always forget) at my mosque at an Iftar dinner.

iftar06_10th.jpg

Now I have seen several pictures of him (note: I haven't been to my mosque yet...getting up the courage to go this saturday to a woman's session) with his hand like this.......

does he have a cronic toothache or is this symbolic or something? :huh:

Haha when I was younger I went to Church and some people were ALWAYS holding their hands to their ears like that... I don't know why! I thought it was so he could hear himself better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.