Kammo

Filing the I-130 Packet

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Greetings VJ Members,

Is there a specific ordering that the paperwork needs to go in for the I-130 packet? My husband and I were looking and didn't come up with anything. Maybe being a little nervous but I'd hate to come across an issue just because we didn't put our marriage certificate right after his birth certificate, etc...

For date and place of marriage and for prior marriages, do they require the city AND country? City/State/Country? There is not a whole lot of room for this.

Also, "applicants last address outside of the United States of more than one year". My husband lived in England while he served in the US Air Force. Although he was in England he was "on American Soil" what would he want to put there?

"Last Occupation Abroad". Does he need to list his military service abroad - again although he was outside of US he was serving for the Air Force...

Lastly, "This form is submitted in connection with an application for"... Other: I-130???

Thank you for any input on this!

Greetings VJ Members,

Is there a specific ordering that the paperwork needs to go in for the I-130 packet? My husband and I were looking and didn't come up with anything. Maybe being a little nervous but I'd hate to come across an issue just because we didn't put our marriage certificate right after his birth certificate, etc...

There's no specific/mandatory order, just as long as everything that's needed is there. I used the following order: G-1145, check, cover letter, I-130 form, G-325a form for petitioner, petitioner's pictures, G-325a form for beneficiary, beneficiary's pictures, copy of petitioner's birth certificate, copy of petitioner's passport bio page, copy of marriage certificate, copy of beneficiary's birth certificate and passport bio page [which I found out later is not needed, oh well], and evidence of our relationship in a small bag. Whatever order you do it, make sure it reflects in the cover letter. The cover letter isn't necessary, but makes it clear what documents are included and makes it look "neat".

For date and place of marriage and for prior marriages, do they require the city AND country? City/State/Country? There is not a whole lot of room for this.

For mine, I just put the name of the courthouse we got married. If you want to put city, state, and country, just write it in by hand since there isn't a lot of room.

Also, "applicants last address outside of the United States of more than one year". My husband lived in England while he served in the US Air Force. Although he was in England he was "on American Soil" what would he want to put there?

"Last Occupation Abroad". Does he need to list his military service abroad - again although he was outside of US he was serving for the Air Force...

Lastly, "This form is submitted in connection with an application for"... Other: I-130???

That's what we put on the G-325a for the petitioner, Other: I-130.

I'm not sure about the address and occupation ones, sorry. If anything, I'd put the address in England, and for occupation, list US Air Force. But that's just my guess.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Greetings VJ Members,

There is not a way to put the packet together. OF course put the I-130 onto and attach the check/money order on the from top. Just group the documents for example start with the marriage cert. as that is the primary evidence and followed by evidence like financial to include mortgage/joint accounts etc.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

City, State, Country however when i did mine 7 years ago we only used the City & State as the form did not specify and the address/location would be on the marriage certificate.

He would use the address for the Base it more than likely will be a local address so he should just use the address for the base even if it is a US Soil. Occupation abroad well you would use his same occupation unless he upgraded/got a promotion or was assigned to another duty after he was deployed.

for the biographic form - yes in connection with other/i-130

if any thing needs a correction vj please let me know

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

Thank you so much for the help! :)

Heres the thing... My husband lived ON BASE for 2 1/2 years and then resided in a different residence OFF BASE for around 4 months before returning to the US (this occurred in 1992 so many years ago). Our dilemma is that the form is asking for that last address lived for more than a year. The 4 month address is his LAST address but his longer than one year would be the ON BASE residence. I am advising him to just write the base address but he feels he should put his 4 month address. Anyone have a similar experience with this question?

*head spinning :D

Timeline

Thank you so much for the help! :)

Heres the thing... My husband lived ON BASE for 2 1/2 years and then resided in a different residence OFF BASE for around 4 months before returning to the US (this occurred in 1992 so many years ago). Our dilemma is that the form is asking for that last address lived for more than a year. The 4 month address is his LAST address but his longer than one year would be the ON BASE residence. I am advising him to just write the base address but he feels he should put his 4 month address. Anyone have a similar experience with this question?

*head spinning :D

gonna say the 4 months should not be mentioned. You are filling out the Biometrics form..? IF yes - you should only fill out the form with the address that he lived at for more than 1 year.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

We are filling out his G325a. Not sure if that is biometrics or not? :)

yes that is the biometrics form and correct the 4 months of residence need be captured.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

To be clear as we are getting ready to send these off... :)

Nov '89 - May '92 = on base

Jun '92 - Nov '92 = off base <-- use this address, correct?

Wont the fact that he only resided there for a few months raise suspicion and make them question why he is bothering to enter it in?

Thank you for your help!

p.s. (husband here :-D )Nobody is going to be able to discover that I lived off base unless I tell them and I doubt it can be verified without some serious delving into old paper records. Is this even worth mentioning? Again, thanks for your responses.

Timeline

To be clear as we are getting ready to send these off... :)

Nov '89 - May '92 = on base

Jun '92 - Nov '92 = off base <-- use this address, correct? -----<< NOT NECESSARY/NEEDED

Wont the fact that he only resided there for a few months raise suspicion and make them question why he is bothering to enter it in?

Thank you for your help!

p.s. (husband here :-D )Nobody is going to be able to discover that I lived off base unless I tell them and I doubt it can be verified without some serious delving into old paper records. Is this even worth mentioning? Again, thanks for your responses.

No suspicion would be raised regarding his residence back then i can assure you... the information on the G-325A, Biographic Information From is only there to help with research and validation as to the applicant/petitioner.

So the only addressed your husband should be listing is ANY address he had in the USA during the last 5 years and the answer would be captured in the section "Applicant's residence last 5 years. List present address first."

The second part that he should fll out starts off with the question "Applicant's last address outside the USA 1+ year." and you would record your address using the address on base.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

yeah of course

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.