irishbynature

Embassy has our packet, interview scheduled BUT

5 posts in this topic

Well, well, well. We've almost made it through this dreadful process. The NVC completed our case on December 20th, interview is schedule in Dublin for February 1st. My wife called this morning and they told her yes we have your packet but there is problem. Apparently our affidavit of support was sent back to us TWICE (according to the embassy)BUT we never heard a word from the NVC or our attorney. I have no idea what the problem could be either...I make plenty of money, well above the "poverty line" and we sent in three years of audited tax returns, 6 recent pay stubs and a letter from my employer stating my current salary. The embassy said we could need a joint sponsor! WHAT could be the problem?? LUCKILY the embassy said to bring in the entire affidavit of support packet again and they will try and resolve it. Has anyone else had a similar experience??

My husbands got sent back to him twice too, apparently he filled out the wrong section and didnt check one of the boxes. Call the NVC and ask them what was incorrect with the original ones you sent, they are usually pretty helpful with that sort of thing. All we had to do was bring the correctly filled out one to the interview!

Good luck with your imminent interview!! :)

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Well, well, well. We've almost made it through this dreadful process. The NVC completed our case on December 20th, interview is schedule in Dublin for February 1st. My wife called this morning and they told her yes we have your packet but there is problem. Apparently our affidavit of support was sent back to us TWICE (according to the embassy)BUT we never heard a word from the NVC or our attorney. I have no idea what the problem could be either...I make plenty of money, well above the "poverty line" and we sent in three years of audited tax returns, 6 recent pay stubs and a letter from my employer stating my current salary. The embassy said we could need a joint sponsor! WHAT could be the problem?? LUCKILY the embassy said to bring in the entire affidavit of support packet again and they will try and resolve it. Has anyone else had a similar experience??

Sounds like they need a properly completed affidavit. This would be for a CR1 or IR1 visa, not K3. Please update your profile accordingly.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Sounds like they need a properly completed affidavit. This would be for a CR1 or IR1 visa, not K3. Please update your profile accordingly.

Yes, that's what we are hoping. My attorney sent the affidavit we sent in to me today and every "t" is crossed and "i" is dotted per the instructions. Also, signatures are all correct. I'm at a loss here. Oh well, I guess we'll just wait for the interview.

The other thing the NVC screwed up is my wife's birthdate. They have it 3 days different than it actually is. We had an RFE over it...sent in another original birth cert and copies of her passport and they said they fixed it and it's STILL wrong. Unbelievable.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, that's what we are hoping. My attorney sent the affidavit we sent in to me today and every "t" is crossed and "i" is dotted per the instructions. Also, signatures are all correct. I'm at a loss here. Oh well, I guess we'll just wait for the interview.

The other thing the NVC screwed up is my wife's birthdate. They have it 3 days different than it actually is. We had an RFE over it...sent in another original birth cert and copies of her passport and they said they fixed it and it's STILL wrong. Unbelievable.

The most common error on I-864 forms is to count the beneficiary twice. Check and see if there is number in the spouse square. The instructions say don't count anybody twice. Your spouse is already counted as the sponsored immigrant. It's counterintuitive, but you must leave blank or enter 0 for spouse on an affidavit submitted in behalf of a spouse.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.