ishard

I need Help please!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I have made an aplication to work in a cruise line, the embarkation port will be in US I already have my qualification for the job, now I have my apointment with the consulate the 9th of february.

I am a little bit worry because I don't know what kind of question they might ask me in my interview and if I don't want to be rejected.

can any one help me with some question they might ask me.

also I want to know if it;s easy to reject me cuz I will have all the documents necesary of the cruise line?

do i will need any personal document after my passport?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hi,

How easy it is to get a C1/D visa depends greatly on which embassy you are applying it from.

My interview was pretty simple and fast. I was asked how I got the job and how long my contract will be. Also I was asked to explain what my position/duties onboard will be. If I remember correctly they also asked about my previous visits to US (I had been there a few times on VWP). The only document I provided besides my passport was the employment letter from the cruise line. However this was in Finland, which is a low fraud country.

It is harder to get C1/D from some embassies. I have some friends onboard who have had to apply several times before getting the visa, although they had all the required documents in the first place. Be sure to check the list of required (and recommended) documents from your embassy's web page. Which country are you from?

Good luck for your interview :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

How easy it is to get a C1/D visa depends greatly on which embassy you are applying it from.

My interview was pretty simple and fast. I was asked how I got the job and how long my contract will be. Also I was asked to explain what my position/duties onboard will be. If I remember correctly they also asked about my previous visits to US (I had been there a few times on VWP). The only document I provided besides my passport was the employment letter from the cruise line. However this was in Finland, which is a low fraud country.

It is harder to get C1/D from some embassies. I have some friends onboard who have had to apply several times before getting the visa, although they had all the required documents in the first place. Be sure to check the list of required (and recommended) documents from your embassy's web page. Which country are you from?

Good luck for your interview :-)

thanks Evelina,

I already have all document necessary,beside my passport I have a letter from the cruise line and also the contract of my work I also have a letter from my recruitment agency.

I am from Haiti but I have lived n Dominican Rep since about 2 years.

my interview will be soon the 2nd of february

I wish it might be not too difficult for me, I am already very streessed. lol it's my first time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do you have a job with the Cruise Line, or are hoping to get one?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.