Faith & Andz

Manila Embassy - K1 Visa Updates

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I thought it might be helpful to have a new thread for filers that recently received their NOA2 so that we can help each other on the process after the approval (forwarding to NVC, embassy, interview, etc.). I called NVC and got my case number and was told it was on its way to the Manila embassy. Yesterday, I got a tracking update from DHL that it was received at the embassy, so I am going to call to see if I can set up the interview before my fiancée gets her instructions. Does anyone know if I can schedule the interview before she receives her packet of instructions? Also, if I just want to call to see that they have received my case, will I call the same number that you call to schedule an interview (i.e. the call center? From my understanding, you can call 3 times for $18.

Thanks for any advice

11-30-08 Met on christianpenpals.com
05-27-10 Met for 1st time in person in Philippines
06-02-10 Proposed...She said "yes"!!!
K1:
07-12-10 NOA1 sent

07-17-10 NOA1 received
01-04-11 NOA2 - Finally!!!
01-07-11 NVC received
01-10-11 NVC sent to consulate/embassy (Manila)
01-10-11 NOA2 hardcopy (mail)
01-12-11 Embassy received
01-31-11 Medical Day 1
02-01-11 Medical Day 2: Passed!!!
02-04-11 Interview: Approved! (Thank you, Lord!)
02-10-11 2GO received visa from embassy
02-14-11 Visa in hand (picked up at 2GO branch)
02-17-11 CFO sticker for passport
03-10-11 Arrived in U.S. with my fiancee
05-14-11 Wedding

AOS:
06-13-11 Filed I-485
06-21-11 NOA 1 (Mobile/Email)
07-07-11 Transfer date (California Service Center)
07-22-11 Biometrics
08-12-11 Approved!
08-18-11 Approval and green card received in mail

Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the LORD!"

Romans 8:18 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

I thought it might be helpful to have a new thread for filers that recently received their NOA2 so that we can help each other on the process after the approval (forwarding to NVC, embassy, interview, etc.). I called NVC and got my case number and was told it was on its way to the Manila embassy. Yesterday, I got a tracking update from DHL that it was received at the embassy, so I am going to call to see if I can set up the interview before my fiancée gets her instructions. Does anyone know if I can schedule the interview before she receives her packet of instructions? Also, if I just want to call to see that they have received my case, will I call the same number that you call to schedule an interview (i.e. the call center? From my understanding, you can call 3 times for $18.

Thanks for any advice

Read this link New Interview Procedures. It explains everything for this part of the process. Good luck!

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for any advice

This will get you started. We did not wait for the letter, but you do have to pay the fee first. Check this out.

Link to the Revised K1 Instruction Packet:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/306605/atienzalb/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3_.pdf

Timeline

Thanks for the links; it helps a lot!

K1:
07-12-10 NOA1 sent

07-17-10 NOA1 received
01-07-11 NVC received
01-31-11 Medical Day 1
05-14-11 Wedding

AOS:
06-13-11 Filed I-485
07-22-11 Biometrics
08-12-11 Approved!

Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the LORD!"

Romans 8:18 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

Timeline

Thanks for the links; it helps a lot!

You might find this helpful too.

TO Schedule:

Link to online Interview Appointment Scheduling:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ScheduleanAppointment.html

Scroll down to “K-Visa Appointment Scheduling

Passport Number: hers, Beneficiary

Case Type Number: MNL number, format MNLXXXXXXXXXX

Payment Date: date MRV or Application Fee paid

Date of Birth: hers, Beneficiary

Password: Read the thing about the strong password and prepare it in advance. The system is rather particular about this and write it

down, you will need it later

These also:

INTERVIEW:

What to prepare and expect on the day of the interview

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/pdf/K%20VISA%20Guidance%20Sheet%20%28GSS%29.pdf

Medical Walk through

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221658-st-lukes-medical-exam-walkthrough/

CFO Guidance and Counseling Session info here:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=329&Itemid=78#First

Timeline

You might find this helpful too.

TO Schedule:

Link to online Interview Appointment Scheduling:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ScheduleanAppointment.html

Scroll down to “K-Visa Appointment Scheduling

Passport Number: hers, Beneficiary

Case Type Number: MNL number, format MNLXXXXXXXXXX

Payment Date: date MRV or Application Fee paid

Date of Birth: hers, Beneficiary

Password: Read the thing about the strong password and prepare it in advance. The system is rather particular about this and write it

down, you will need it later

These also:

INTERVIEW:

What to prepare and expect on the day of the interview

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/pdf/K%20VISA%20Guidance%20Sheet%20%28GSS%29.pdf

Medical Walk through

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221658-st-lukes-medical-exam-walkthrough/

CFO Guidance and Counseling Session info here:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=329&Itemid=78#First

Thanks a whole lot; I will definitely use these in the coming weeks!!! I actually called the 214-571-1600 today but was told I needed her passport number to check the status, so I'll have to try back. I think she the operator thought I was trying to schedule an appointment, but I really just wanted to find out if the embassy has received my case. All I know is that a package that left on the date NVC told me my package left (Jan. 7) was received by the Embassy yesterday (according to the DHL website). Is there any other way to find out if my case has been received? All I have is the MNL case # that NVC gave me. Is that the only thing I need before my fiancee can make the visa payment and schedule her interview? Or, does she need something in the packet they will send her in order to proceed with the process. I've been researching a lot before I asked these ?'s, but I've got conflicting answers.

Thanks a lot for your help

K1:
07-12-10 NOA1 sent

07-17-10 NOA1 received
01-07-11 NVC received
01-31-11 Medical Day 1
05-14-11 Wedding

AOS:
06-13-11 Filed I-485
07-22-11 Biometrics
08-12-11 Approved!

Timeline

Thanks a whole lot; I will definitely use these in the coming weeks!!! I actually called the 214-571-1600 today but was told I needed her passport number to check the status, so I'll have to try back. I think she the operator thought I was trying to schedule an appointment, but I really just wanted to find out if the embassy has received my case. All I know is that a package that left on the date NVC told me my package left (Jan. 7) was received by the Embassy yesterday (according to the DHL website). Is there any other way to find out if my case has been received? All I have is the MNL case # that NVC gave me. Is that the only thing I need before my fiancee can make the visa payment and schedule her interview? Or, does she need something in the packet they will send her in order to proceed with the process. I've been researching a lot before I asked these ?'s, but I've got conflicting answers.

Thanks a lot for your help

Happy to help if I can.

One thing I did was to type up a sheet with Petitioners & Beneficiary’s names, Date of Birth, Passport Number, Passport Expiration date.

NVC Case Number also called the MNL number

Date the MRV Fee also called the application fee was paid

This I did to always have this info handy if asked.

You will also need to add this info if you do any Email inquiries.

I was able to get information on when our petition was sent from NVC and when it arrived in Manila by using this Email Address: IVManilaReplies@state.gov

Sent from NVC on Dec 01, received in Manila on Dec 08

I have also received some responses from this Email Address: support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com

These don’t always get fast replies but it’s worth a try.

It was 6 calendar days from the time our petition was received in Manila before I was able to schedule the appointment. After I knew our case was at USEM, we paid the Fee ($350) and then I started to try to schedule. I would attempt scheduling 2-3 times every day, then one day it worked. I’ll tell you, it was a surprise.

OK, now is the weird part. So the Email I received said our petition was in Manila on Dec 08, right?

And when I scheduled our appointment on Dec 14, the earliest date available was January 03, 2011, OK

Now get this, you know that “Packet” everyone is waiting for, the one telling you what to do, well it’s actually a letter these days, one of the changes they have made. We received that letter on January 04, 2011, the day after our interview. LOL… and get this in the letter it said we were now eligible to schedule our visa appointment interview and to get our paperwork together. OK, but here is the kicker, the letter was dated Dec 03, 2010…LOL

In other words the letter is saying we were eligible to schedule our appointment 5 days before the Embassy received our petition (Dec 08, from the email). You figure it out, because I can’t …LOL

Your fiancée can pay the fee to BPI anytime after you have the MNL number. I had nothing in writing officially with the MNL number on it so my Fiancée just took the sheet I typed up. Your fiancée will also need a copy of the bio page in her passport as well as the actual passport. Then once you have the payment fee date, you can begin to try and schedule.

FYI, your fiancée will probably never receive the “Packet”/Letter not many people do. If we had waited for that we would still be waiting to be interviewed. The letter directs you to that link I gave you, that is all it does.

There is a lot of bad info out there, so I understand your confusion.

Now get this, you know that “Packet” everyone is waiting for, the one telling you what to do, well it’s actually a letter these days, one of the changes they have made. We received that letter on January 04, 2011, the day after our interview. LOL… and get this in the letter it said we were now eligible to schedule our visa appointment interview and to get our paperwork together. OK, but here is the kicker, the letter was dated Dec 03, 2010…LOL

In other words the letter is saying we were eligible to schedule our appointment 5 days before the Embassy received our petition (Dec 08, from the email). You figure it out, because I can’t …LOL

:lol: I'm still scratching my head over that one!

Timeline

:lol: I'm still scratching my head over that one!

Hey Tahoma, some mysteries of the world will never be resolved...LOL

This one falls in the category of why, when you drop a slice of buttered toast, does it always land on the floor, butter side down..LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.