Chazzie

Important Announcement for Manila k1 beneficiaries

521 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!:)

Read on.

The Nonimmigrant Visa Unit of the US Embassy in Manila will transition to a new visa appointment service soon. Because of this, limited visa appointment slots are open until the second week of December only. If you have travel plans in December or later, we encourage you to check this website for new visa appointment procedures on or after the last week of November. Rest assured that we will try to accommodate your travel plans as appropriate.

Applicants who have booked their appointments will not be affected by the transition and will be interviewed at the Embassy as scheduled.

Here is the link.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html

Let us all be in touch of whatever new procedure theyre planning on doing.Whatever it is,im hopeful it will result to a speedy and more efficient process so we can all be with our loved ones soon.;)

Im still hoping i would be able to sched a slot before this transition starts.Keeping fingers crossed to sched my Fiance's appoitnment.:thumbs:

Good luck to us all!:blush:

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping to call either today or tomorrow to schedule an interview appointment but it doesn't look like I'll be able to get the date I wanted (anytime after Dec. 13th). Man, this is not good news at all. Now we might be looking at a late December date (if at all) or an early January appt. For all potential K1 December interviews, let's all keep in touch with our findings! Good luck and god bless!

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

Timeline

They havent opened the slots for the month of Dec yet, Ive been calling almost everyday.I'll call again later.Lets all keep in touch.:thumbs: Good luck and God bless us all.:blush:

♥Timeline♥

AOS

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Sounds good Chazzie. I am going to call later today. It will be my first time. I am looking for an interview date somewhere between Dec. 15th and before Christmas. Let me know the outcome. How many calls is the $18 charge/PIN good for? Since you've been calling almost everyday, how many times have you had to pay? Stupid question but thought I'd just ask.....Good luck my friend!

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

Timeline

Sounds good Chazzie. I am going to call later today. It will be my first time. I am looking for an interview date somewhere between Dec. 15th and before Christmas. Let me know the outcome. How many calls is the $18 charge/PIN good for? Since you've been calling almost everyday, how many times have you had to pay? Stupid question but thought I'd just ask.....Good luck my friend!

ok, let me know of the outcome.:thumbs:

I only have one $18 charge on my visa account, and so far Ive been using the same pin over and over.I have used it way more than 3x now so i wish it will give u the same luck.I keep on staring the clock here at work until it hits 5pm,then i can start calling USEM manila.:lol:

good luck to u as well.:)

♥Timeline♥

AOS

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

I only have one $18 charge on my visa account, and so far Ive been using the same pin over and over.I have used it way more than 3x now so i wish it will give u the same luck.I keep on staring the clock here at work until it hits 5pm,then i can start calling USEM manila.:lol:

Ok will do. Thanks for the info about the PIN. Isn't the Embassy open for phones calls starting 8:0AM? That would make it 4PM here Pacific Time. I'll be calling first thing when I get home from work. By the way, does Manila already have your petition? So I guess you're just wanted for December slots for scheduling. Also, how long is the wait time on the phone to speak with a live person? Good luck! Hope we get lucky soon!!

Timeline

I just called,and theyre saying its a holiday.Grrrr.:crying:

You are right it should be 4pm,lol i forgot about the dst.:P

tom again.:no:

♥Timeline♥

AOS

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!:)

Read on.

The Nonimmigrant Visa Unit of the US Embassy in Manila will transition to a new visa appointment service soon. Because of this, limited visa appointment slots are open until the second week of December only. If you have travel plans in December or later, we encourage you to check this website for new visa appointment procedures on or after the last week of November. Rest assured that we will try to accommodate your travel plans as appropriate.

Applicants who have booked their appointments will not be affected by the transition and will be interviewed at the Embassy as scheduled.

Here is the link.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html

Let us all be in touch of whatever new procedure theyre planning on doing.Whatever it is,im hopeful it will result to a speedy and more efficient process so we can all be with our loved ones soon.;)

Im still hoping i would be able to sched a slot before this transition starts.Keeping fingers crossed to sched my Fiance's appoitnment.:thumbs:

Good luck to us all!:blush:

Interesting! :) I wonder what the change will be.

Im *hoping* we could set appointments via VisaPoint (like we do for Tourist Visas) too for K1.

I just called,and theyre saying its a holiday.Grrrr.:crying:

You are right it should be 4pm,lol i forgot about the dst.:P

tom again.:no:

Philippines have so many holidays......LOL!!

November 16 (Tuesday) - Eid’l Adha (Islam Feast of Sacrifice) – non-working holiday

Timeline

Its weird when i called them almost 5x today ,voice prompt was saying office is close due to holidays then when i called just now someone finally answered.The lady said no dec slots open yet but try to check everyday for the update.mad.gif

A "visapoint" at this point will be much appreciated.good.gif

♥Timeline♥

AOS

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Shhhh! Better to keep this secret to yourself. Embassy officials are known to monitor this site. It's not a good idea to tell on yourself...Better to keep on the down low. B-)

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

I recently read here on VJ that one guy used his $18 PIN twelve times.

I think you can use it as many times. If I've read it right, the three on 3x means 3 appointments/reschedules. So I think that means it doesn't count if you don't have an appointment yet, and if you haven't rescheduled your appointment and just called to inquire. So to me, it means 1 to schedule your first appointment, and you are allowed to reschedule 2x.

2009/12/30 - Met online

2010/03/27 - 1st Visit to the Phils

2010/04/03 - Left the Phils back to the US

2010/05/__ - Engagement (unofficial)

2010/07/19 - Filed I-129F

2010/07/27 - Check cleared

2010/08/21 - 3rd Call to USCIS call center, finally got our Case #, still no mail

2010/09/01 - NOA1 official date

2010/09/07 - NOA1 received, FINALLY!!!

2010/10/06 - Touched (expedite request callback from USCIS, giving us the requirements)

2010/10/07 - Finally got the papers from the doctor and submitted requirements for expedite

2010/10/07 - Touched with callback

2010/10/14 - USCIS website says it's APPROVED!!! mailed

2010/10/19 - received at NVC

2010/10/21 - NVC sent documents to the US Embassy in Manila

2010/10/23 - 2nd Visit the the Phils, touchdown in Manila & flight to Samar, Pamamanhikan for brunch, Engagement Party for dinner

2010/10/24 - Picnic with close family and friends

2010/10/25 - Engagement Party with family in Manila

2010/10/26 - Leave the Phils back to the US

2010/11/22 - Interview at the US Embassy in Manila - VISA APPROVED!!!

2010/12/30 - POE in Las Vegas. TOGETHER AT LAST!

2011/03/06 - Married in Las Vegas

2011/05/03 - AOS, EAD & AP filing date

2011/05/11 - NOA1 for all

2011/05/24 - successful walk-in biometrics (originally 6/10)

2011/06/20 - got online status update and hardcopy of interview appointment dated 6/16 but scheduled for 7/26

2011/07/22 - AP approved, EAD card in production

2011/07/26 - AOS interview. RFE coz they LOST MY MEDICAL!!! GRRR!

2011/07/30 - EAD/AP combo card in the mail

2011/10/21 - finally got my GREENCARD after several complaints all over the place

Timeline

heres another update...

On December 1, 2010, the U.S. State Department’s transition to a new contracting system for visa services, known as the Global Support Strategy (GSS), will take place at U.S. Embassy Manila. With only one payment (the current MRV fee), the following services will be provided:

• MRV fee collection at any branch of the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
  • Scheduling of visa appointments
  • Providing information on general visa inquiries
  • Delivery of passports for approved visa applications

Following these changes, new nonimmigrant visa application procedures will be implemented very soon.

blush.gif

♥Timeline♥

AOS

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.