UnhappyVictimAmer

Cancelling I-130 petition to file DFC

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I'm cancelling my I-130 petition via email notice to the USCIS California Service Center. The embassy said an email or phone call was all that was needed to cancel. I will then be filing my I-130 DFC through the embassy here. I will fly to the Jakarta embassy Friday to file. Any comments are welcome.

Oct. 2009 - Met on Facebook(I found her through a friend)

July 2010 - Married

Oct. 2010 - Filed I-130 with USCIS

Nov. 2010 - Official permission to reside in Indonesia (KITAS)

Jan. 2011 - Medical Exam and Vaccinations completed

Jan. 2011 - Cancelled I-130

Jan. 2011 - Filed DCF (Direct Consular Filing)

Jan. 2011 - I-130 Approved

Jan. 2011 - Rec. (packet 3)instructions

Jan. 2011 - Gathering Documents

Feb. 2011 - Emailed Embassy

Feb. 2011 - Interview Date Sent

APPROVED!!

POE Atlanta

Took 32 days from the filing of the petition to getting visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You have to be residing in Jakarta for 6 months before you can do a DCF at the embassy. If you are flying there how do you meet that requirement ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You mean DCF, moving this to the DCF forum.

Note most consulates require 6 months residency by US citizen in their consular district before filing a petition there. Your timeline shows 3 months at USCIS, filing DCF will cost you the filing fee and probably save you a month or so is all.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

You mean DCF, moving this to the DCF forum.

Note most consulates require 6 months residency by US citizen in their consular district before filing a petition there. Your timeline shows 3 months at USCIS, filing DCF will cost you the filing fee and probably save you a month or so is all.

I guess I don't know how to get my timeline right. I've been here over six months and I qualify. The issue that I'm trying to bring up is how to cancel a petition because I'm sure this won't be the first time this will ever happen. I filed with the USCIS back in October.

Looks like process could take 8 to 10 months or more. I will have a chance of getting it done sooner by filing DFC. I am confident that the Jakarta Embassy can complete it quicker.

July 2010 - Married

APPROVED!!

POE Atlanta

I guess I don't know how to get my timeline right. I've been here over six months and I qualify. The issue that I'm trying to bring up is how to cancel a petition because I'm sure this won't be the first time this will ever happen. I filed with the USCIS back in October.

Looks like process could take 8 to 10 months or more. I will have a chance of getting it done sooner by filing DFC. I am confident that the Jakarta Embassy can complete it quicker.

Once you apply for DCF the consulate at which you applied will send your new application for the USCIS to approve who will then cancel your pending application. I know this because my husband did DCF in Dec 2009 whilst we had a pending application at USCIS. The process is definitely faster as we have already received our package. I hope you get through soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Once you apply for DCF the consulate at which you applied will send your new application for the USCIS to approve who will then cancel your pending application. I know this because my husband did DCF in Dec 2009 whilst we had a pending application at USCIS. The process is definitely faster as we have already received our package. I hope you get through soon.

Makes sense, you are dealing with DHS (USCIS) office located overseas.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Do you mean your husband did DCF in Dec 2010?

Thanks for the info and GOOD luck!! Keep in touch.

July 2010 - Married

APPROVED!!

POE Atlanta

Timeline

You have to be residing in Jakarta for 6 months before you can do a DCF at the embassy. If you are flying there how do you meet that requirement ?

Unfortunately the closest U.S. embassy that processes visas is in Jakarta. I arrived here on a sponsored visa in July ...the end of June and got married and have been living here since then with my wife. I got my KITAS resident permission card in November giving me permission to stay one year.

I hope I qualify. I called and talked to someone at the embassy and they wanted to make sure I had my KITAS card and I said that I did. I've been here almost 7 months.

July 2010 - Married

APPROVED!!

POE Atlanta

Timeline

:dance: Jakarta Embassy ROCKS!! Awesome people there to say the least. The I-130 petition is paid for and approved! :)

My original petition filed with USCIS was cancelled via email, phone, and in writing. Anyone else cancelling, you should probably send it in writing to the address on the receipt I-797 form if you want to make sure it's cancelled. No refunding your money back either.

July 2010 - Married

APPROVED!!

POE Atlanta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.