TheZilla

About To Submit First Petition

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello to everyone! I hope I'm not about to ask questions that have been posed a million times already. If I do, and you reply anyway, I thank you for your kindness and patience :)

#1 - I orded a certified copy of my birth certificate, but cannot figure out what number on it is the "Number of certificate" they are requesting in question #10 of the I-129F. There's a big 10-digit number across the top, there is a district number, and a register number. Which one do they want? [i looked everywhere online for a clue but can't find one]

#2 - On the certified copy I received, you can see that my social security number has been whited out by someone on their side, I have no idea why. On the certified copy itself you can see that it wasn't done by me, but I'm afraid if I give them a copy of what I have, they'll think I did it. Should I send the certified copy itself or am I worrying too much? [i wanted to keep the certified copy since it was $62 and the only state issued certificate copy I have]

#3 - I am unemployed at the moment but have an inheritance of over 300,000 and live off the interest at the moment. Will this be a problem in reference to the affidavit of support? When should I start thinking about filling in that form and getting it notarized?

I think that's all that I'm worried about at the moment. This whole process has me so nervous because I want to be with my British fiance' and get married as soon as possible. I know it might be a long time, and know pretty much everyone here knows how hard it is, and how nerve wracking it can be. I'm so glad this forum exists! Good luck to everyone!

MY TIMELINE:

MAY 2004: Met Online

NOV 2004: Andy's 1st stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

FEB/MAR 2005: Andy's 2nd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

APR/MAY 2005: Andy's 3rd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

OCT 2005-FEB 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 4 1/2 months

* I Proposed on Christmas 2005 & YES!*

MAY-AUG 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 3 1/2 months

AUG 2006: Andy's 4th stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

NOV 2006-JAN 2007: Andy's 5th stay with me in Florida, 1 3/4 months

09/05/06: I-129F Packet Sent!!

09/21/06: NOA1 Received.

12/07/06: NOA2 RECEIVED!!! W00t!!!

03/02/07: Sent off final Packet 3 checklist

03/20/07: Received Packet 4 Letter!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 04/19/07!!!!

04/19/07 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! APPROVED!!

04/26/07 - Passport w/ visa arrives via courier

Delta Flight arriving with fiance on 05/04/07!!!

05/04/07 - Home at last!!! w0000000t!!

06/01/07 - Our 'first' wedding at the county clerk's office.

09/19/08 - Andy walked out. That total dumb-a$$.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello to everyone! I hope I'm not about to ask questions that have been posed a million times already. If I do, and you reply anyway, I thank you for your kindness and patience :)

#1 - I orded a certified copy of my birth certificate, but cannot figure out what number on it is the "Number of certificate" they are requesting in question #10 of the I-129F. There's a big 10-digit number across the top, there is a district number, and a register number. Which one do they want? [i looked everywhere online for a clue but can't find one]

#2 - On the certified copy I received, you can see that my social security number has been whited out by someone on their side, I have no idea why. On the certified copy itself you can see that it wasn't done by me, but I'm afraid if I give them a copy of what I have, they'll think I did it. Should I send the certified copy itself or am I worrying too much? [i wanted to keep the certified copy since it was $62 and the only state issued certificate copy I have]

#3 - I am unemployed at the moment but have an inheritance of over 300,000 and live off the interest at the moment. Will this be a problem in reference to the affidavit of support? When should I start thinking about filling in that form and getting it notarized?

I think that's all that I'm worried about at the moment. This whole process has me so nervous because I want to be with my British fiance' and get married as soon as possible. I know it might be a long time, and know pretty much everyone here knows how hard it is, and how nerve wracking it can be. I'm so glad this forum exists! Good luck to everyone!

i dont know which number to use but you can submit a copy of the birth certificate however your fiancee may need the original at the interveiw, I woud also suggest sending copy of ALL pages of your passport

And if you have $300,000 in the bank , you have far less to worry about than many of us in regards to your affidavit of support, depending on the size of your family, you should be Juuuuust fine ( I have to admit I laughed when I read that!)

Best of luck

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

The certicate number they're asking for is if your citizenship was acquired through naturalization, leave blank if its through birth.

Edited by neptune970

May 2nd - Sent I-129F to Vermont

May 13th - NOA1

June 23rd - recieved RFE (IMBRA)

June 24th - Sent back RFE

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 10th - NOA2 notice via email

July 14th - NOA2 via snail mail

July 14th - petition mailed thru DHL to Asuncion, PY

Week of July 17th - Embassy received my petition

July 24th - beneficiary receives packet 3

July 27th - medical exam

Aug 7th - interview - approved :)

Aug 11th - picked up his visa

Aug 21st - purchased plane ticket!

Aug 30th - reunion day :)

Timeline

Thank you guys so much for your replies, it's easing my mind more than I can say! :) I feel kinda silly asking about the affidavit of support with $300,000 in assets, but I didn't know if they looked at the assets themselves or just the income I live off of, which isn't much per month. Thanks again and thanks for the good luck, ditto to all of you :)

MY TIMELINE:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thank you guys so much for your replies, it's easing my mind more than I can say! :) I feel kinda silly asking about the affidavit of support with $300,000 in assets, but I didn't know if they looked at the assets themselves or just the income I live off of, which isn't much per month. Thanks again and thanks for the good luck, ditto to all of you :)

From "Fiance & Marirage Visas, 3rd ed.", Nolo Press, "Assets (such as savings, houses or cars) are only counted at one fifth of their current market value after subtraction of debt liabilities, mortgages and liens. Assets must also be readily convertible into cash (within one year)." That means your $300,000 of net worth is viewed as similar to $ 60,000 of annual income.

You should be fine.

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

From "Fiance & Marirage Visas, 3rd ed.", Nolo Press, "Assets (such as savings, houses or cars) are only counted at one fifth of their current market value after subtraction of debt liabilities, mortgages and liens. Assets must also be readily convertible into cash (within one year)." That means your $300,000 of net worth is viewed as similar to $ 60,000 of annual income.

You should be fine.

Tom

And that book is now out of date: please see then I-864 instructions post July06 for the current rate of conversion. :)

Zilla, I qualified on assets alone. Just document well. If any of the assets could be liquified within 12 months, that's a straight asset. I am 90% sure that you can count the interest income as income (our pension scheme works that way). Document it up the wazoo and you shouldn't have to worry about counting nickles--you'll be well over the PG.

I-864 no longer requires notarization, but start filling out the form sooner than later--it takes awhile for some folks to get it complete, but it's not all that hard to do. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Good luck getting the application in the mail. My just went off Friday. I felt so overwhelmed with all the originals, xeroxed copies, and instructions sitting all over the place, but once it was organized into the application to be sent, the copy to be kept and sent to the fiance and all originals , it was better.

Let us know when its on the way!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
Good luck getting the application in the mail. My just went off Friday. I felt so overwhelmed with all the originals, xeroxed copies, and instructions sitting all over the place, but once it was organized into the application to be sent, the copy to be kept and sent to the fiance and all originals , it was better.

Let us know when its on the way!

Thanks for all the help. My I-129F packet is almost ready to go, just waiting on a couple things from my fiance' to be included, then it's off to the copy shop and then the post office! I'm just getting as much info off these forums as I can so I put it all together as correctly as possible. Everyone's replies have been invaluable :)

Good luck to you "Mybackpages"!!! I'll be starting my timeline as soon as I mail that baby off :)

MY TIMELINE:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.