bowhunter

Processing location moved from Nebraska to California

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just wondering if anyone has had this experience, and if so, what should we expect. We initially sent our K-1 Visa paperwork into the Lincoln, NE office (I'm the US citizen, Omaha, NE, my fiance' is filipina). They received, and sent the N01 on March 31. On June 1st - over two months later - I received a letter from the Nebraska office informing me that the case had been transferred to the California office for processing because "the record indicates that office has jurisdiction over this case". Hmmm . . . did I miss this when I sent my case work in??? Anyway, shortly after that, I received a notice from the California office that they had received our packet for processing. But my impression is our time began when California received the paperwork, which means we lost two months. To make matters worse, I've been checking California K-1 Processing time, and they've been stuck on March for quite a while now. Checking this morning, I see they've moved to February! So, I don't think we're even moving in the right direction. Anyone have any thoughts on this or experiences to share. I'm a pretty patient man, but I pay a truckload of taxes for something. Is there a number to call where you can actually speak to a human? What about a chat with a local Congressman? Thanks!

October 1, 2005 . . . . Evelyn and I met online

March 8, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for first face-2-face . . . Oh, my god! . . . Wow!!!

March 21, 2006 . . . . I-129F Packet Sent

March 30, 2006 . . . . NOA1 Received

May 25, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for Evelyn's June 1st Bday

June 1, 2006 . . . . Application transferred from Lincoln, NE to California

July 5, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Request Received

July 6, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Sent

July 13, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Received Ack from USCIS

September 11, 2006 . . . . Email from USCIS - CASE APPROVED !!!!!!

September 15, 2006 . . . . Third trip to Phils . . . dragged kicking and screaming to my flight home

September 16, 2006 . . . . NOA2 Received !!!

October 16 . . . . NVC received packet

October 17 . . . NVC forwards packet to Manila

October 23 . . . Manila receives Visa packet

Hi bowhunter. We had the same experience, although much better satisfaction. Nebraska is the proper place to mail your petition to, depending on your location. They are then to be transferred to California.

You should not have lost the two months though, that bites! :angry:

Since you apparently filed in March, have you gotten your IMBRA RFE yet? This will also delay your petition, as there was a form vs law problem for filers in March such as yourselves.

As you can see below on our timeline, the sending to Nebraska, transfer to California cost us a day, but that is nothing compared to what appears to have happened in your case.

Your NOA1 form actually lists a May NOA1 date??? I hope the rest of your journey goes swiftly from this point on. :thumbs:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Je jeje welcome to the club my friend. To answer your questions: no you did not lost two months, you still have the same receipt date and priority than before (although CSC has been so messed up lately that really the receipt date has not mattered much). Also, yes, you can call the USCIS but the info they will give is absolutely useless, these people really know nothing on what is going on with your application. My advice: patience...

NOA1: March 27th 2006

Case transferred from NCS to CSC: June 6th 2006

Imbra RFE received at CSC: July 17th 2006

NOA2: August 31st 2006

Received NOA2 e-mail notification: September 1st 2006

Touched: September 7th 2006

NVC receipt letter and case number: September 22nd 2006

NVC sent case to embassy: September 22nd 2006

Embassy receives case: October 2nd 2006

Interview date at embassy: November 14th 2006

Just wondering if anyone has had this experience, and if so, what should we expect. We initially sent our K-1 Visa paperwork into the Lincoln, NE office (I'm the US citizen, Omaha, NE, my fiance' is filipina). They received, and sent the N01 on March 31. On June 1st - over two months later - I received a letter from the Nebraska office informing me that the case had been transferred to the California office for processing because "the record indicates that office has jurisdiction over this case". Hmmm . . . did I miss this when I sent my case work in??? Anyway, shortly after that, I received a notice from the California office that they had received our packet for processing. But my impression is our time began when California received the paperwork, which means we lost two months. To make matters worse, I've been checking California K-1 Processing time, and they've been stuck on March for quite a while now. Checking this morning, I see they've moved to February! So, I don't think we're even moving in the right direction. Anyone have any thoughts on this or experiences to share. I'm a pretty patient man, but I pay a truckload of taxes for something. Is there a number to call where you can actually speak to a human? What about a chat with a local Congressman? Thanks!

There has been some reorganization of CIS. Texas and Nebraska are forwarding all K1s to California. I just sent mine in to Texas- knowing its going to end up in California. So Don't worry about that. Your case is exactly where it needs to be.

Also don't worry about the processing date. There are a lot of people on this board who have dates close to yours and have not received their NOA2 yet. I've sure you will get some good advice from them here at VJ. I know its hard but have a little more patience. Everyone is cheering for the March and April filers to be getting their approvals sooner than later.

Good luck!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, we received the IMBRA RFE and responded. I then recieved a subsequent letter to say the requested information had been received, and we were back in line. I'll work on the patience but, you know, it's not so much the wait that rubs as it is the feelling that you and your life are an insignificant blip stuck in a process that no one particularly gives a flip about. It has now been nearly 5 months and I haven't a clue on where things are with the USCIS. The 5 months I can do. But, really, there's no excuse for keeping people in the dark on their status. I can almost understand why people are walking across the borders. Who wants to deal with this #######? Anyway, thanks to everyone for the information. It does help to know you're not alone in the boat.

October 1, 2005 . . . . Evelyn and I met online

March 8, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for first face-2-face . . . Oh, my god! . . . Wow!!!

March 21, 2006 . . . . I-129F Packet Sent

March 30, 2006 . . . . NOA1 Received

May 25, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for Evelyn's June 1st Bday

June 1, 2006 . . . . Application transferred from Lincoln, NE to California

July 5, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Request Received

July 6, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Sent

July 13, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Received Ack from USCIS

September 11, 2006 . . . . Email from USCIS - CASE APPROVED !!!!!!

September 15, 2006 . . . . Third trip to Phils . . . dragged kicking and screaming to my flight home

September 16, 2006 . . . . NOA2 Received !!!

October 16 . . . . NVC received packet

October 17 . . . NVC forwards packet to Manila

October 23 . . . Manila receives Visa packet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.