mishab

Its been a month since the documents were received

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Its been a month since I got the receipt from the processing center. Checking the INS site shows that the current status is "Initial review". It is my understanding that the review process can take up to 5 month, but we are hoping to get more information on what happens when the 129-F application is approved.

1. My fiancee tourist visa to enter the US had expired in dec 2010 and she was asking whether she should apply for another visa while the i-129 F aplication is pending. She was hoping to come to see me in March. Would applying for the visa complicate the matter?
  2. Assuming the i-129F petition is approved how would the INS notify us? Would I get the envelope, which I would forward overseas or the envelope will be mailed from the local embassy directly?
  3. Once the i-129F petition is approved how long does it take to get the K1 visa?
  4. Is it true that once we get married my wife can change her k1 visa and apply for the permanent resident? How long does it take for someone having k1 visa to get the green card? Once we apply is she required to stay in the USA until the green card is received?

Thank you

2- the petitioner will get a notice in the mail and if they are signed up for e-notifications they will also get an email and/or text message

3- I don't have any stats for Russia, but it took 6 months for my wife from petition approval until she had the visa in Canada

4- took my wife 3 months frm when she filed to get her greencard. she has to stay in the US after she enters on her K1 and must remain until she receives Advance Parole (part of AOS filing) which takes 2-3 months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) Can always apply for another B-2, has demonstrated in past that will not overstay, so getting another tends to be fairly simple at most consulates.

2) Get a letter (NOA-2) and/or email, the petition will then be sent to consulate THROUGH the National Visa Center.

3) NVC tends to take about 1 month to process and send to consulate, then perhaps a month of so after that will be an interview. REVIEW the timelines!

4) Again TIMELINES! AOS (Adjustment of Status) tends to take 4-6 months or so to process.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you all who replied. After checking the timelines it seems getting the 129 F application approved takes 6+ month. What shocked me is the time that takes from the time the embassy gets the paperwork to the interview. in our case we are looking at 70+ days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.