Jani

what happens now!!??

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

How stupid am I??

I was so excited and glad to get my visa approved, and when I went to the post office yesterday to get it... I opened the first envelope and also the second one - wich was THE envelope I shouldnt have opened!!!

I have no idea what happens now!

Does any of you know what is going to happen to me and my love and my visa because of my stupidness....?

//jani

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
you need to go back to the embassy and get it re-sealed.... others have done this so dont worry... just explain you opened it in error....

Good Luck

Kezzie

Oh, Kezzie, thank you for those words...!

I was so destroyed yesterday when I noticed what I had done... Such an anti-climax... I called to my love one in the US, and cried in the phone... and then I felt even more stupid because he was by that moment at his friends house and couldnt do much more than laugh.

I really do feel like a stupid blonde.... "oh, an envelope! lets open it!!" duhh...

Well, really I do hope that it is not such a big thing, and that they can easily reseal it.

I'll let you know what happens............. tomorrow I'll call the embassy, and swallow a bit part of my pride Ive had for a while....

Timeline
What is this about a sealed envelope?

First iv'e heard about it. So this is good to know. What envelope should my fiancee not be opening, and who does she give it to?

its an envelope you'll get with your passport wich has the k-1 visa... the envelope has all the documents you have gathered to the embassy - and you will have to hand in this envelope when you get to the us.

But ... I will have more info about it when I have been to the embassy again.... I dont want to say too much about what happens to the envelope ... because what I say might be wrong.

You may have to file a fresh I-129F and follow all the rules this time. This process has zero tolerance for error.

How stupid am I??

I was so excited and glad to get my visa approved, and when I went to the post office yesterday to get it... I opened the first envelope and also the second one - wich was THE envelope I shouldnt have opened!!!

Does any of you know what is going to happen to me and my love and my visa because of my stupidness....?

//jani

Edited by Majizee

You may have to file a fresh I-129F and follow all the rules this time. This process has zero tolerance for error.

How stupid am I??

//jani

This is wrong, you will NOT have to file a fresh I-129F. Just go back to the embassy and ask them to reseal it.

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Timeline

Sounds like you are sure about this thing.... I also think that I do not file a fresh I-129F...

But who knows!? Maybe they are super strict about this nowadays...

does someone know this kind of an error happened recently?

I know it was such a stupid thing of me to do... and I am pretty ashamed of it... :help:

This is wrong, you will NOT have to file a fresh I-129F. Just go back to the embassy and ask them to reseal it.

I’m just going to write what others are thinking.

How could you! Especially after all the hard work, uncertainty, delays, money, energy, and resources, AND what do you do... OPEN THE FREAKIN ENVELOPE! UNBELIEVABLE! Excuse me for be critical, but we are all dying to be in your shoes. You probably just stressed the hell out of your beloved who should have given you a good tongue lashing because you deserve it. GOODNESS! You are lucky that you do NOT need to return to the Manila Embassy in order to get the package resealed because you would be waiting all dahamn day. And you would deserve that too!!!

Good luck and God’s speed in the rest of your journey!!!

NOTE: PLEASE RETURN TO THE EMBASSY OR COSULATE (where you had the interview) AND HAVE THEM RESEAL YOUR PACKAGE! AND DON'T RE-OPEN IT!!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline
I’m just going to write what others are thinking.

How could you! Especially after all the hard work, uncertainty, delays, money, energy, and resources, AND what do you do... OPEN THE FREAKIN ENVELOPE! UNBELIEVABLE! Excuse me for be critical, but we are all dying to be in your shoes. You probably just stressed the hell out of your beloved who should have given you a good tongue lashing because you deserve it. GOODNESS! You are lucky that you do NOT need to return to the Manila Embassy in order to get the package resealed because you would be waiting all dahamn day. And you would deserve that too!!!

Good luck and God’s speed in the rest of your journey!!!

NOTE: PLEASE RETURN TO THE EMBASSY OR COSULATE (where you had the interview) AND HAVE THEM RESEAL YOUR PACKAGE! AND DON'T RE-OPEN IT!!!!

thanks for that

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

"You may have to file a fresh I-129F and follow all the rules this time. This process has zero tolerance for error."

Is this some kind of sick joke?

Timeline
"You may have to file a fresh I-129F and follow all the rules this time. This process has zero tolerance for error."

Is this some kind of sick joke?

I hope it is...

but still... I did open the envelope I wasnt suppose to open - so something might and should happen because of all the rules etc.... or am I wrong?

I am just worried and scared that I destroyed something good now. Stupid me!

sarah and hicham - That's NOT true! Simply return to the embassy or consulate and request to have it resealed. It's painless, but it cost you more time, energy, and evidently stress!

Edited by Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.