KJF

I-130 Applicaiton Expedition possible

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I would like to know if there's any way to expedite already submitted I-130 application almost 3 months ago.

Also, do you know once NVC gets it, how long do they take before a visa interview is scheduled abroad (US consulate in India) for my wife?

Thanks a lot,

Jay

Hey,

To be honest, 3 months isn't very long into the process, you should expect to be waiting around 5 months before you're likely to receive an approval.

In regards to expediting your petition, you can only do this in extreme circumstances where it would jeopardize the U.S. citizen should you not be be present with them.

Here is a link with details about the criteria that must be met to qualify for expedited processing > Click here

USCIS California Service Center

10-NOV 2010 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

16-NOV 2010 - NOA1 Received

22-NOV 2010 - Service Request for Expedite

10-DEC 2010 - Faxed medical proof to USCIS

17-DEC 2010 - I-130 Approved

27-DEC 2010 - NOA2 Received

National Visa Center

29-DEC 2010 - NVC case number assigned

01-JAN 2011 - Emailed expedite request to NVC

14-JAN 2011 - Expedite approved. Case forwarded to U.S. embassy

25-JAN 2011 - Medical Exam

U.S. Embassy

25-JAN 2011 - Packet 3 received

02-FEB 2011 - Sent DS-230 & DS-2001

18-FEB 2011 - Interview 8:30 AM - APPROVED

Port of Entry

14-MAR 2011 - POE Atlanta

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Expedites are possible at all levels of this process. USCIS, NVC and the consulate would need to receive, review, and accept the expedite

Read the link posted on what falls under reasons for an expedite and how to do it

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Hi,

I would like to know if there's any way to expedite already submitted I-130 application almost 3 months ago.

Also, do you know once NVC gets it, how long do they take before a visa interview is scheduled abroad (US consulate in India) for my wife?

Thanks a lot,

Jay

agree w/ the above. when I tried the expedite at 3 months through my senator and congressman, I basically got the response that my application was within normal processing times and so no expedites could be done.

I hate to say this, but TOTAL time from initial application of I-130 to final interview is in the 8 to 8.5 month range (see my timeline). 5 months for USCIS, ~1 month for NVC (assuming all of your documents are in order), ~ 1.5-2 month of waiting time from interview granting date to the actual interview date. My initial I-130 packet was sent in Oct 6 2009 and my wife's interview was on June 10th 2010 - 8 months and change. I dont think much has changed in those time frames.

I wish you the best of luck - the nightmare DOES end. Once you get the NOA2, things move much quicker in the NVC stage. more importantly, there's always some administrative activity, so the passing of time goes much faster. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale - My beautiful wife Soni
Timeline:
USCIS: 10-06-2009: I-130 rec'd by USCIS; 03-16-2010: I-130 APPROVAL (after 5+ friggin months of torture, agony and waiting!)
NVC:
04-29-2010: INTERVIEW ASSIGNED FOR JUNE 10TH IN CHENNAI CONSULATE, INDIA; 06-10-2010: INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!!!!!
06-18-2010: Entered US - NEW YORK CITY and 08-16-2010: GC received! (nearly 2 months after PoE) woo hoo!
AOS for permanent 10 yr green card:

04-02-2012: NOA of I-751 and 1 yr extension of temp green card

05-03-2012: Biometrics appointment

12-18-2012: 10 yr Green card approved; 12-22-2012: Green card rec'd

N-400 citizenship:

06-19-2013: N-400 mailed; 06-22-2013: N-400 rec'd at Dallas lockbox

10-3-2013: Interview date - APPROVED!

10-18-2013: NATURALIZED - We are done with USCIS!!!

Timeline

Thanks a lot, everyone for the useful tips :)

The journey seems to be long, can't wait to see the end...

agree w/ the above. when I tried the expedite at 3 months through my senator and congressman, I basically got the response that my application was within normal processing times and so no expedites could be done.

I hate to say this, but TOTAL time from initial application of I-130 to final interview is in the 8 to 8.5 month range (see my timeline). 5 months for USCIS, ~1 month for NVC (assuming all of your documents are in order), ~ 1.5-2 month of waiting time from interview granting date to the actual interview date. My initial I-130 packet was sent in Oct 6 2009 and my wife's interview was on June 10th 2010 - 8 months and change. I dont think much has changed in those time frames.

I wish you the best of luck - the nightmare DOES end. Once you get the NOA2, things move much quicker in the NVC stage. more importantly, there's always some administrative activity, so the passing of time goes much faster. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.