Arther & Joi

I-134 Affividavit of Support

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All,

Quick question regarding supporting evidence for the I-134. I have the letter from my employer and W-2 forms. Is there anything else that will be required for evidence? Also should I be sending the W-2 or the actual tax return paperwork?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Needs copy of actual tax return paper work (1040) or you can order simple IRS transcripts from the IRS for free.

Also copies past six months pay stubs are useful to show current income.

Consulates prefer same financial documents with I-134 that will be used later with i-864 when adjusting status.

I-864income.jpg

Moving this to consulate forum since I-134 is NOT needed at time of I-129F filing.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello All,

Quick question regarding supporting evidence for the I-134. I have the letter from my employer and W-2 forms. Is there anything else that will be required for evidence? Also should I be sending the W-2 or the actual tax return paperwork?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that the tax transcripts are more favorable than actual tax return paperwork.

Personally, I plan to go with the letter from my employer, W-2 forms, and the tax transcripts. Better to have extra evidence just in case.

Timeline

Needs copy of actual tax return paper work (1040) or you can order simple IRS transcripts from the IRS for free.

Consulates prefer same financial documents with I-134 that will be used later with i-864 when adjusting status.

I-864income.jpg

Moving this to consulate forum since I-134 is NOT needed at time of I-129F filing.

1099s too? I got some 1099-INTs and 1099-DIVs. Should I be hunting them down too?

Timeline

1099s too? I got some 1099-INTs and 1099-DIVs. Should I be hunting them down too?

Yep, if using the 1040s all supporting docs that the numbers can from need to be attached.

In my case we simply used transcripts, it eliminated a pile of paper..

You can obtain a free transcript by calling 800-908-9946 and following the prompts in the recorded message or by completing and mailing a request for a transcript to the address listed in the instructions.

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline

Yep, if using the 1040s all supporting docs that the numbers can from need to be attached.

In my case we simply used transcripts, it eliminated a pile of paper..

You can obtain a free transcript by calling 800-908-9946 and following the prompts in the recorded message or by completing and mailing a request for a transcript to the address listed in the instructions.

http://www.irs.gov/t....html?portlet=1

Oh I already got the transcripts by calling the 800 number. I took them to Japan with me on my trip last week. If I am not using the 1040s then the 1099 paperwork are not needed then?

Edited by Yagisama

Timeline

Oh I already got the transcripts by calling the 800 number. I took them to Japan with me on my trip last week. If I am not using the 1040s then the 1099 paperwork are not needed then?

Again from I-864's directions, consulate tend to treat I-134 like a light I-864 so tend to used the same evidence with the I-134.

I-864Tax.jpg

Timeline

Again from I-864's directions, consulate tend to treat I-134 like a light I-864 so tend to used the same evidence with the I-134.

I-864Tax.jpg

Thanks. I knew it was either the transcripts or personal tax records but didn't see how the 1099 documents fit in. I now see that they are considered part of your own records.

I took transcripts for the 3 previous years with me to Japan last week, along with the W-2 for the previous three years and the employer letter. I'll take recent paystubs with me too when I visit for the interview.

Edited by Yagisama

Timeline

Thanks. I knew it was either the transcripts or personal tax records but didn't see how the 1099 documents fit in. I now see that they are considered part of your own records.

I took transcripts for the 3 previous years with me to Japan last week, along with the W-2 for the previous three years and the employer letter. I'll take recent paystubs with me too when I visit for the interview.

Yep, here is where it says 1099 in instructions:

I-864Taxes.jpg

Bring it all, your tax return, affidavit of support, pay stubs (past 6 months or more), bank statement, and letter from employer (certificate from employer). my fiancee does not have work on 2009 so she has a low income of $3500.00. The consul told me that my fiancee's income is so low. Told him that due to recession my fiancee lost her job but now she has a regular job. Showed him my fiancee's Certificate of Employment and her PAY SLIPS and he compute my fiancee's annual earning. His computation shows $20,000.00 plus annual income so we passed the poverty level for 2 which is about $18,000.00 plus. It's always better if you have complete documents! Good Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Regarding the bank statement are they looking for a particular amount to be in the account. I am $20,000 over the poverty guideline for three in a household, my taxes and my pay stubs will prove that. Should I include my bank statements also?

I-864income.jpg

You mention that the transcripts are free, but the webpage provided shows a fee of $57.00. Which is correct?

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.