4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Vj's,

Just a quick question regarding SSN.

I got my EAD card now and were heading off this afternoon to SSN office, however just curious to know if there's a way to know my SSN number before the SSN Card arrived?I really need my SSN number badly for personal matters.

FYI, we applied previously after we got married and my 1-94 is a long way for the expiration date ( almost 2 months for the expiration date) but they refused us since the officer told us to wait for my EAD card as I am no longer applicable for the K-1 category since we got married. Officer told us if I applied before I got married then he will process my SSN application..( grrrhhh!)

Thank you...

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate :

I-129F Sent : 2010-03-09

I-129F Received : 2010-03-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-03-12 "touched"

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-04-29 APPROVED!!!!

NOA2 Hard Copy : 2010-05-04

NOA2 Sent to Embassy 2010-05-10

NOA2 Received 2010-05-13 (I hope it is ours anyway)

Packet 3 : 2010-05-20 Received!!!

Packet 4 : 2010-06-29 Received!!!

Interview: 2010-07-20 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand : 2010-07-21 ( Yahoo!!!)

POE - August 20, 2010

AOS,EAD & AP

October 15,2010 Sent AOS,EAD & AP ( Chicago Lockbox)

October 25,2010 - Received Hard Copies of AOS,EAD & AP

October 25, 2010 - Touched

October 27, 2010 - Received Biometric Scheduled ( dated 19.Nov.2010)

November 19, 2010 - Biometric Schedule done

December 09,2011 - Interview Notice Received - schedule on January 20, 2011

December 22,2010 - EAD Approved

December 23,2010 - AP Approved

December 30,2010 - AP Received

December 31,2010 - EAD Card Received

January 20,2011 - interview - Approved - (Exactly my 5 months I landed in US)

January 29,2011 - Green Card Received - (Exactly 1 year that we got engaged)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes if you return to SSA office a couple days after applying for SSN they will give you the number. However many wont accept just a number without seeing the card.

SSA officer was partly right, K-1 can apply for and get SSN within the 90 days allowed by the I-94. The whole reason a K-1 can get SSN and K-2,3,4 cannot is some states comply with a federal law requiring a SSN to get a "license", (Driving license, Fishing License, Hunting License, business License, MARRIAGE LICENSE...), once married the reason for issuing a SSN no longer exits, (Applying for a Marriage License..)

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

Once the application has been cleared and record establish, which is normally the day after the application has been cleared, you can go into the SSA office to obtain your number.

However, they aren't going to clear the application until your status has been verified. If you are lucky, they can do it while you are in the office. Otherwise, it can take a week or more.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Vj's,

Just a quick question regarding SSN.

I got my EAD card now and were heading off this afternoon to SSN office, however just curious to know if there's a way to know my SSN number before the SSN Card arrived?I really need my SSN number badly for personal matters.

FYI, we applied previously after we got married and my 1-94 is a long way for the expiration date ( almost 2 months for the expiration date) but they refused us since the officer told us to wait for my EAD card as I am no longer applicable for the K-1 category since we got married. Officer told us if I applied before I got married then he will process my SSN application..( grrrhhh!)

Thank you...

You should be able to go back, don't ring 2-3 days after and get your number before card.I have no idea why so many states have different rules here but I went for my ssn 2 weeks after our wedding and still had 2 months left on I-94 and got it no problem and in my married name. That was in Georgia. Sometimes I think they on another planet cause one office tells you one thing and one tells you another.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.