Melissa Garcia

Acronyms! Last stages....?

5 posts in this topic

Ok, so I was the one who posted "NVC Mistake??". So yes, it was a mistake. In a nutshell, on December 23 2010, I had received an email saying that my husband's birth certificate issued from town hall and our marriage certificate were not certified copies (and yes, they actually where). I called today around 11am and the lady on the phone said that my case was now in it's final stages and all I have to do is wait for an email for further instruction.

I've been browsing around Visajourney.com and I've come across a lot of acronyms such as "SIF" (sign in failed..?) What in the world does that mean?? Can you my fellow companions fill me in on the different acronyms that are involved in spousal visas please? What else should I expect from now on...? Should I keep calling NVC to ask for my interview date....? How can I even know when my case is being sent to el salvador's embassy this very moment???

I can't wait to get an interview date @_@ !!!!

Oh by the way, my husband has no record of his vaccinations however he does have them all.... How would we go about this? Should he just wait for his medical checkup from an authorized doctor by the embassy to just give him all the shots....? I want us to be prepared....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

SIF (sign in failed) is what I am waiting for. If you go to the site where you paid your fees and can no longer log in (sign in failed) that's indication that all processing has been completed on your case at the NVC resulting in a closing of your case (cc - case closed) at the NVC. The NVC then works with the beneficiary's embassy to schedule an interview. So a SIF is a great thing!

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Unfortunately, it takes a lot of constant follow-up (on your part) with NVC. They will in fact notify you of the interview date, however, I would suggest making a call to them at least every other day to inquire. BUT, don't use the automated system. Talk to a live person.

About the only thing the automated system is good for, is getting your new case number when your case first transfers from USCIS to NVC. (You are past that now). After that, the updates on the automated system are hit and miss. During my wife's process, the NVC automated system was often a month behind with accurate CURRENT information. So, make sure to speak with a live operator. Other than calling frequently, it is very unpredictable to know when the interview date will be set.

Regarding the vaccines: Yes, it's best for your husband to review it with the physician who will examine him for the visa. It is not uncommon that people don't have records. Although the consulate sends a list of 'required' vaccines for all persons entering the US... but, if you continue reading... You will find that the physician has the ultimate recommendation for what vaccines are needed or may be waived for the adult. It's not necessarily the whole list. But, the physician will determine that.

Best of luck.

~Bleauwolf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.