JoyDee

Gathering docs/signatures

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Question: Does all the info that the petitioner sends back to NVC end up at the interview? I ask because it is impossible for me to get documents to and from my fiance.

For instance, If I submit the tax information in what I send to the NVC does he have to also bring a copy of this to the interview? (I could email him copies of everything, but they either won't be signed or they will be scanned non-originals)

Also of concern, the original evidence of our relationship which I have in my possession. Does he need to get this or will what I submitted with the I-129f be attached to the whole dossier that gets sent to the consulate?

I'm not near the NVC phase but I'm going to be seeing him next week and I want to make sure that we both have everything we need because after that the next time will be when he gets here (hopefully!).

I-129F Fiance Visa

For full details see my "About me"

USCIS

11-22-2010 Received NOA1 01-27-2011 --> NOA2 *APPROVED!!!! (email)

NVC

02-24-2011 Receive Packet 3.5 via email --> 03-18-2011 Packet 3.5 Submitted

04-05-2011 Receive Packet 4

04-08-2011 INTERVIEW *APPROVED!!!!* --> 04-18-2011 Visa in hand

05-04-2011 **POE** JFK, NYC

AOS

05-21-2011 Social Security Card

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

07-11-2011 Filed AOS - 485, EAD, AP

07-13-2011 Received Confirmation email 07-14-2011 check cashed

07-18-2011 NOA1, I-797C received for AOS, EAD, AP

07-22-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

08-15-2011 Biometrics Appointment

09-09-2011 EAD and AP Approval notices via email

09-20-2011 Receive EAD/AP Card in the mail

09-29-2011 Interview! APPROVED!!!!

10-03-2011 Receive Welcome Letter

10-08-2011 Receive Greencard

Filed: Timeline

Question: Does all the info that the petitioner sends back to NVC end up at the interview? I ask because it is impossible for me to get documents to and from my fiance.

For instance, If I submit the tax information in what I send to the NVC does he have to also bring a copy of this to the interview? (I could email him copies of everything, but they either won't be signed or they will be scanned non-originals)

Also of concern, the original evidence of our relationship which I have in my possession. Does he need to get this or will what I submitted with the I-129f be attached to the whole dossier that gets sent to the consulate?

I'm not near the NVC phase but I'm going to be seeing him next week and I want to make sure that we both have everything we need because after that the next time will be when he gets here (hopefully!).

In going thru this process you should have made 3 copies of everything you have sent to USCIS and NVC, one copy for you, one copy for your finance and a copy for file. You can not predict what may have gotten loss in transferring the case from one agency to another. Think of this process as a business transaction.

Timeline

In going thru this process you should have made 3 copies of everything you have sent to USCIS and NVC, one copy for you, one copy for your finance and a copy for file. You can not predict what may have gotten loss in transferring the case from one agency to another. Think of this process as a business transaction.

Hi Atpeace,

I did make copies of everything. I want to hang on to originals in case i get an RFE from USCIS. But the consulate info says they always want the originals. I'm wondering if its okay if they get copies at the consulate. By the time my NOA2 comes through there will be no way to get the originals to future hubby.

I-129F Fiance Visa

USCIS

NVC

AOS

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

Hi Atpeace,

I did make copies of everything. I want to hang on to originals in case i get an RFE from USCIS. But the consulate info says they always want the originals. I'm wondering if its okay if they get copies at the consulate. By the time my NOA2 comes through there will be no way to get the originals to future hubby.

He will not need orginals, so copies will be okay. If you don't want your SS number visible to everyone, on the copies black themout. Is Mail not going in and out of Haitia, I am in contact with a friend of mines via the internet, so I know the internet cafes are working.

Timeline

He will not need orginals, so copies will be okay. If you don't want your SS number visible to everyone, on the copies black themout. Is Mail not going in and out of Haitia, I am in contact with a friend of mines via the internet, so I know the internet cafes are working.

Thanks Atpeace,

Internet is up and running! The internet cafe's usually have generators b.c state electricity is only up for about 4 hrs a day. But there's no mail, hasn't been for years. Good call about the SS#s.

Thank you!

I-129F Fiance Visa

USCIS

NVC

AOS

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

somethings are needed as originals for the interview,try checking your consulate's website,cause they usually have an online version of the packet 3,just in case for people in your situation.

Thanks Atpeace,

Internet is up and running! The internet cafe's usually have generators b.c state electricity is only up for about 4 hrs a day. But there's no mail, hasn't been for years. Good call about the SS#s.

Thank you!

Scan any doc's he may not have and send them via e-mail attachment. Give NVC your email address to send everything to, and then you forward it to him. I used rebtel for phone calls, and that was easy for us. You will need to show phone communication, so he will need copies of this information as well. He should have the last 3 months up to the interview date.

Timeline

Scan any doc's he may not have and send them via e-mail attachment. Give NVC your email address to send everything to, and then you forward it to him. I used rebtel for phone calls, and that was easy for us. You will need to show phone communication, so he will need copies of this information as well. He should have the last 3 months up to the interview date.

We use rebtel too! I was worried about that because it doesnt give numbers, just whatever you put in when you set it up. I was thinking that i'd send my cell phone bill too but it calls local numbers to connect; I don't even really know how remote calling works let alone explaining it to immigration.

I-129F Fiance Visa

USCIS

NVC

AOS

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

somethings are needed as originals for the interview,try checking your consulate's website,cause they usually have an online version of the packet 3,just in case for people in your situation.

The only documents they will need an original of is the last documents that they would be sending to the petitioner.

We use rebtel too! I was worried about that because it doesnt give numbers, just whatever you put in when you set it up. I was thinking that i'd send my cell phone bill too but it calls local numbers to connect; I don't even really know how remote calling works let alone explaining it to immigration.

Did you list his name next to the local number on rebtel, if you list a nickname, update it to his legal name. You can print out the detail page that shows his international number attached to his local number.

Timeline

The only documents they will need an original of is the last documents that they would be sending to the petitioner.

for example the petitioner's birth certificate?why thats needed in both first and fourth package :yes:

for example the petitioner's birth certificate?why thats needed in both first and fourth package :yes:

Only a copy....in the fourth package. Stop trying to re-invent the process, many have gone thru this process with only a copy if needed AT THE EMBASSY.

P.S. if an orgial is needed at the interview they will let you know before the interview.

BTW: for your piece of mind, i have been on this board sine 2007 under another handle and I went thru this entire process without a hiccup. Why because I followed the rules to the "T". :whistle::whistle:

Edited by ATPEACE

Timeline

Did you list his name next to the local number on rebtel, if you list a nickname, update it to his legal name. You can print out the detail page that shows his international number attached to his local number.

Done. That's a relief. Sometimes it's hard not to imagine that we're dealing with the Gestapo. Especially when we have to expose and have proof of evidence of our most private relationships.

I'll just stop worrying now, cross my t's, and hope for the best.

I-129F Fiance Visa

USCIS

NVC

AOS

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

Timeline

Only a copy....in the fourth package. Stop trying to re-invent the process, many have gone thru this process with only a copy if needed AT THE EMBASSY.

P.S. if an orgial is needed at the interview they will let you know before the interview.

BTW: for your piece of mind, i have been on this board sine 2007 under another handle and I went thru this entire process without a hiccup. Why because I followed the rules to the "T". :whistle::whistle:

ooo yes,thats why my packet insisted ( by insist i mean has it written in bold letters ) that the petitioner's birth certificate that the beneficiary takes in for the interview has to be certified original.

rules change,obviously.maybe you should try keeping your information updated?

Edited by thelastpetitioner

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It will vary from Consulate to Consulate and in the situation for Haiti they may make some allowances for the fact that there is no mail service at this time. I do know, however, that I was required to have the originals of my now husband's birth certificate, his two divorce decrees, and his letter from his employer verifying his employment and income. They were all asked for during the interview and examined very carefully by the Consulate for authenticity - in fact the interviewer consulted with several others regarding the first divorce certificate which was unlike any he had seen before so was concerned about its authenticity. If I hadn't had the original there for him to look at I am very sure I would have received an RFE at the interview to submit the original for comparison.

This was in Montreal so it may be different for Haiti, but you should perhaps consider at the very least getting another official copy of your birth certificate and ensuring that he has that for the interview. The Consulate is allowed to ask for any of the original documents presented during the process at any time and if they are going to, it generally happens at the interview.

Here is the information from USCIS about submitting documents where it states that originals may be requested of any copy submitted:

http://www.uscis.gov.../File_Forms.pdf

click on 'General information" then 'evidence and procedure" then the first item addresses copies vs. originals.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.