jojototo

current income for petitioner?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Most recent tax return. When you do the paperwork, It will ask you to write in or fill in that. It has space for the last three years. I would suggest walk in the local I.R.S. office and ask them for the transcripts. Didn't take long for me as I did that after waiting for ages for them to send it in the mail. Good Luck.

The I-864 does have space for the past 3 years in question 25. I believe the OP is asking about question 23, "My current individual annual income is:"

What if your current income is very different from your most recent tax return (for example you are working for a different company)? From what I understand from the I-864 instructions, you can use the letter from your employer, and your last 6 months of pay stubs, to make a case that "If I had been working at this same rate of pay all year, my annual income for the current year would have been $X."

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Filed: Timeline

Yeah,

This is actually my question...I just think the current annual income should be a bit different from the most recent tax return, isn't it? Otherwise, you have fill the same figure for question25 and 23...

So I plan to use the figure from employment letter, which states the current annual income.

The I-864 does have space for the past 3 years in question 25. I believe the OP is asking about question 23, "My current individual annual income is:"

What if your current income is very different from your most recent tax return (for example you are working for a different company)? From what I understand from the I-864 instructions, you can use the letter from your employer, and your last 6 months of pay stubs, to make a case that "If I had been working at this same rate of pay all year, my annual income for the current year would have been $X."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yeah,

This is actually my question...I just think the current annual income should be a bit different from the most recent tax return, isn't it? Otherwise, you have fill the same figure for question25 and 23...

So I plan to use the figure from employment letter, which states the current annual income.

You're correct. Current annualized income for question 23, tax return total income (line 22 of the 1040) for question 25.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.