Chris&Cecil

MY UNFORGETTABLE INTERVIEW EXPERIENCES

32 posts in this topic

To all Vj members,

I apologize to all of you my vj friends for the LATE posting/sharing my interview here. I hope you understand me guys :innocent: but i know you all understand :lol:

As I’m done with my interview last Dec 15, 2010, I want to share my unforgettable experiences.

4:00am arrived at USEMBASSY manila

5:30am the guard informed us (all immigrants that scheduled 6:30am) to get inside

the guard took my 1st appointment letter (emailed by NVC) together with my new appointment sched which I did online

Then I waited 15 mins to get inside..we lined up inside the immigrant section. The lady asked me if I have ds230 printed then I said yes then she took it and give me my number. (6016) unforgettable # hehehe

As my number appeared on flashboard I go to window 22…

Pre-screener (she is Filipina) she is so nice. I felt comfortable talking to her. She asked me the following:

• Who is your petitioner?
  • How old are you?
  • What is the name of your petitioner?
  • How old is He?
  • Is this your first to be married? How about Him?
  • Do you have any kids? How about Him?
  • Do you have any photos together?
  • Do you have a copy of your Certificate of marriage?

She is so nice. She said her good luck for my final interview.

I waited 10 mins for my name to be called to fall in line in finger scanning in window 15. The lady asked me to state my fullname and my date of birth. After that the lady that assisting us (doing the finger scanning) told me to go to waiting area for final interview.

After 15 mins my number flash on to window 44. She is American, I think her age is 26-30 yo. She let me raise my right hand and swore that all i will be stating is true. There are the questions that she asked me:

• Who is you Petitioner? His name? His age?
  • What is your name? Your age?
  • When did you get married
  • Are you living alone? (in this question she asked me took me for another interview) which took me almost 4 hours (coz there are some questions concerning my nephews.

She told me to wait outside for my name to be called. I was so worried coz I’m expecting the magic coming from her “visa approved” I didn’t heard those words. But I thank her instead.

My name was called at window 33 (If im not mistaken) the guy told me that I need to have another follow-up interview. So i went to the office that the guy instructed me to go. There are lots of offices inside in the corridor I saw the lady approached me asking my name. And she let me go inside her office..she gave me 2 pages of questionnaires (back to back) all my hubby’s infos and mine too. It focuses on my information about me, my parents, my sisters, brothers, nephews etc.

The lady forwarded me to a guy in the next door. He asked some questions about my nephews which I answered and defended. At around 2:30 he forwarded to American Consul (guy) for interview. He let me swore that the statements that I made is true and correct. Then he told okey “tapos na tayo” (We’re done). Then the guy that facilitated me took me to exit door. While we’re on the corridor I asked him if hows my interview and he told me its okey I’m sure you’ll do fine and I think your visa will approve soon just wait for the a call from embassy to informed you. I was not happy enough I left the embassy not sure of the status of my visa. Finally my day is done at 3:30pm. As I went home I told to my husband about what happen in the whole day of my interview day. The following Monday, Dec 20, 2010. My husband called up usembassy manila to know the status of my visa. As I saw him (in webcam) smiling while talking to live operator. Then after he put down the phone, he said its approved! Thanks God!!! The operator told him that my visa is just printed as of today, December 20, 2010 and need to wait for 7 to 10 days to be delivered. Yehey!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:We’re finally done with our visa journey. :dance::dance::dance:

I’m so thankful to vj site as well as vj members. Thank you so much guys. You’re all part of our journey. God bless you all!!!:D:D:D:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats!!!!!!!

Check out my "About Me" tab on my profile to learn about my detailed timeline with the K-1 Visa and AOS process....

Live life, Laugh lots, Love forever.....

To all Vj members,

I apologize to all of you my vj friends for the LATE posting/sharing my interview here. I hope you understand me guys :innocent: but i know you all understand :lol:

As I'm done with my interview last Dec 15, 2010, I want to share my unforgettable experiences.

5:30am the guard informed us (all immigrants that scheduled 6:30am) to get inside

the guard took my 1st appointment letter (emailed by NVC) together with my new appointment sched which I did online

Then I waited 15 mins to get inside..we lined up inside the immigrant section. The lady asked me if I have ds230 printed then I said yes then she took it and give me my number. (6016) unforgettable # hehehe

Pre-screener (she is Filipina) she is so nice. I felt comfortable talking to her. She asked me the following:

• How old are you?
  • How old is He?

I waited 10 mins for my name to be called to fall in line in finger scanning in window 15. The lady asked me to state my fullname and my date of birth. After that the lady that assisting us (doing the finger scanning) told me to go to waiting area for final interview.

After 15 mins my number flash on to window 44. She is American, I think her age is 26-30 yo. She let me raise my right hand and swore that all i will be stating is true. There are the questions that she asked me:

• Are you living alone? (in this question she asked me took me for another interview) which took me almost 4 hours (coz there are some questions concerning my nephews.

She told me to wait outside for my name to be called. I was so worried coz I'm expecting the magic coming from her "visa approved" I didn't heard those words. But I thank her instead.

My name was called at window 33 (If im not mistaken) the guy told me that I need to have another follow-up interview. So i went to the office that the guy instructed me to go. There are lots of offices inside in the corridor I saw the lady approached me asking my name. And she let me go inside her office..she gave me 2 pages of questionnaires (back to back) all my hubby's infos and mine too. It focuses on my information about me, my parents, my sisters, brothers, nephews etc.

The lady forwarded me to a guy in the next door. He asked some questions about my nephews which I answered and defended. At around 2:30 he forwarded to American Consul (guy) for interview. He let me swore that the statements that I made is true and correct. Then he told okey "tapos na tayo" (We're done). Then the guy that facilitated me took me to exit door. While we're on the corridor I asked him if hows my interview and he told me its okey I'm sure you'll do fine and I think your visa will approve soon just wait for the a call from embassy to informed you. I was not happy enough I left the embassy not sure of the status of my visa. Finally my day is done at 3:30pm. As I went home I told to my husband about what happen in the whole day of my interview day. The following Monday, Dec 20, 2010. My husband called up usembassy manila to know the status of my visa. As I saw him (in webcam) smiling while talking to live operator. Then after he put down the phone, he said its approved! Thanks God!!! The operator told him that my visa is just printed as of today, December 20, 2010 and need to wait for 7 to 10 days to be delivered. Yehey!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:We're finally done with our visa journey. :dance::dance::dance:

I'm so thankful to vj site as well as vj members. Thank you so much guys. You're all part of our journey. God bless you all!!!:D:D:D:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Congrats,what a relief ..

To all Vj members,

As I’m done with my interview last Dec 15, 2010, I want to share my unforgettable experiences.

• How old are you?
  • How old is He?

She told me to wait outside for my name to be called. I was so worried coz I’m expecting the magic coming from her “visa approved” I didn’t heard those words. But I thank her instead.

My name was called at window 33 (If im not mistaken) the guy told me that I need to have another follow-up interview. So i went to the office that the guy instructed me to go. There are lots of offices inside in the corridor I saw the lady approached me asking my name. And she let me go inside her office..she gave me 2 pages of questionnaires (back to back) all my hubby’s infos and mine too. It focuses on my information about me, my parents, my sisters, brothers, nephews etc.

The lady forwarded me to a guy in the next door. He asked some questions about my nephews which I answered and defended. At around 2:30 he forwarded to American Consul (guy) for interview. He let me swore that the statements that I made is true and correct. Then he told okey “tapos na tayo” (We’re done). Then the guy that facilitated me took me to exit door. While we’re on the corridor I asked him if hows my interview and he told me its okey I’m sure you’ll do fine and I think your visa will approve soon just wait for the a call from embassy to informed you. I was not happy enough I left the embassy not sure of the status of my visa. Finally my day is done at 3:30pm. As I went home I told to my husband about what happen in the whole day of my interview day. The following Monday, Dec 20, 2010. My husband called up usembassy manila to know the status of my visa. As I saw him (in webcam) smiling while talking to live operator. Then after he put down the phone, he said its approved! Thanks God!!! The operator told him that my visa is just printed as of today, December 20, 2010 and need to wait for 7 to 10 days to be delivered. Yehey!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:We’re finally done with our visa journey. :dance::dance::dance:

I’m so thankful to vj site as well as vj members. Thank you so much guys. You’re all part of our journey. God bless you all!!!:D:D:D:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

" If we could live life all over again,we would still choose each other.If we are reborn to second life, we would marry each other again,we are persons with one heart,one soul,the same dreams and aspiration."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

congrats!!!!!!

AOS

07/08/2011 - Mailed AOS via usps

07/12/2011 - NOA1 for EAD & I-845 via email

07/13/2011 - Personal Check Cashed

07/12/2011 - NOA1 notice date(email)

07/18/2011 - NOA1 for EAD & I-485 hardcopy & Biometrics received in the mail

08/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment--DONE!

08/19/2011 - Interview Letter/Notice sent

08/31/2011 - EAD card/document production ordered

09/06/2011 - EAD case touched

09/12/2011 - EAD received!

09/21/2011 - AOS Interview-APROVED ON THE SPOT/email notice: GC productionn ordered, approval notice sent

09/26/2011 - AOS Approval Notice/Welcome Notice received!

09/30/2011 - Got my GC in the mail today!

K1 JOURNEY

07/09/2010 - I-129F mailed via USPS

07/12/2010 - CSC received

07/17/2010 - NOA1 notice date

07/19/2010 - Cheque cashed

07/21/2010 - NOA1 hardcopy received =D

12/06/2010 - NOA2 Hardcopy received =D =D =D

12/10/2010 - NVC received / Got MNL number yay!

12/13/2010 - NVC left / Consulate received Electronic File the same day

12/29-30/2010 - Medical @ SLMEC PASSED!!!

01/07/2011 - Interview Jan. 7 @ 6:45am -VISA APPROVED!!!READ MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

01/15/2011 - VISA on hand

01/17/2011 - CFO DONE

01/20/2011 - POE-SFO

0FYVm7.png

Congratulations!!!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

To all Vj members,

As I'm done with my interview last Dec 15, 2010, I want to share my unforgettable experiences.

• How old are you?
  • How old is He?

She told me to wait outside for my name to be called. I was so worried coz I'm expecting the magic coming from her "visa approved" I didn't heard those words. But I thank her instead.

My name was called at window 33 (If im not mistaken) the guy told me that I need to have another follow-up interview. So i went to the office that the guy instructed me to go. There are lots of offices inside in the corridor I saw the lady approached me asking my name. And she let me go inside her office..she gave me 2 pages of questionnaires (back to back) all my hubby's infos and mine too. It focuses on my information about me, my parents, my sisters, brothers, nephews etc.

The lady forwarded me to a guy in the next door. He asked some questions about my nephews which I answered and defended. At around 2:30 he forwarded to American Consul (guy) for interview. He let me swore that the statements that I made is true and correct. Then he told okey "tapos na tayo" (We're done). Then the guy that facilitated me took me to exit door. While we're on the corridor I asked him if hows my interview and he told me its okey I'm sure you'll do fine and I think your visa will approve soon just wait for the a call from embassy to informed you. I was not happy enough I left the embassy not sure of the status of my visa. Finally my day is done at 3:30pm. As I went home I told to my husband about what happen in the whole day of my interview day. The following Monday, Dec 20, 2010. My husband called up usembassy manila to know the status of my visa. As I saw him (in webcam) smiling while talking to live operator. Then after he put down the phone, he said its approved! Thanks God!!! The operator told him that my visa is just printed as of today, December 20, 2010 and need to wait for 7 to 10 days to be delivered. Yehey!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:We're finally done with our visa journey. :dance::dance::dance:

I'm so thankful to vj site as well as vj members. Thank you so much guys. You're all part of our journey. God bless you all!!!:D:D:D:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

The consul saw on our chat logs about concerning my nephews who used to live or took their vacation with me. it says "I let my nephews taste vodka". which is im not that one did that but their mom. Thats was i defended and explained my side as their Aunt. sometimes you cannot undo what you;ve already type.

Edited by Chris&Cecil

Timeline

Thanks sis for posting your experience and Im sure many VJ'ers will learned alot in your "unforgetable experience".. Congrats!

Eligibility Criteria: 3 yrs. based on Marriage
Field Office: Phoenix

02/18/14- Mailed my N-400 packet
02/19/14- Delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox
02/24/14- Received Email Notification
02/24/14- Check Cashed
02/28/14- Received NOA in the mail (Notice Date: Feb. 21, 2014)
03/07/14- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (Notice Date: Feb. 28, 2014)
03/13/14- Biometrics Appointment (Done)
04/16/14- In line for Interview Scheduling
04/30/14- Received email notification for interview schedule.
05/06/14- Received Interview Letter in the mail. (Notice Date: April 30, 2014)
06/09/14- Interview Date- Passed! :)
06/13/14- Received email notification that my application was placed for Oath Scheduling que.
06/18/14- Received email notification that I was scheduled for Oath Ceremony and they sent letter by mail for the details
06/23/14- Received Oath Ceremony Letter/Notice by mail
07/04/14- Oath Taking/Ceremony
07/04/14- U.S. Passport Application (Expedite/Overnight Delivery)
07/13/14- Received Email Notification that my Passsport has printed and for delivery.
07/15/14- Received US Passport

The consul saw on our chat logs about concerning my nephews who used to live or took their vacation with me. it says "I let my nephews taste vodka". which is im not that one did that but their mom. Thats was i defended and explained my side as their Aunt. sometimes you cannot undo what you;ve already type.

Ok, thanks! I will now review all emails and chat logs, and remove anything that has to do with drinking. lol.

Timeline

Very easy questions.....

:dance: Congrats

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My goodness...4 extra hours because of one chat line?

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.