gabo

Affidavit of support

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys, its me again, i have a big concern about my next step with the affidavit of support I-134, and is that i just have proof of my earnings for this year, cause i started working on February and the first 15 days of January too in other company. And if i dont have a co-aplicant? What options do i have? I am getting a little desperate cuase my fiancee has her interview on September 22 and i dont know if i qualify to sponsor her. My income though is average, for this year i have quite enough to meet the poverty guideline, but without having tax returns of the last three years, am i doomed?

Any help will be strongly appreciated!

Hi guys, its me again, i have a big concern about my next step with the affidavit of support I-134, and is that i just have proof of my earnings for this year, cause i started working on February and the first 15 days of January too in other company. And if i dont have a co-aplicant? What options do i have? I am getting a little desperate cuase my fiancee has her interview on September 22 and i dont know if i qualify to sponsor her. My income though is average, for this year i have quite enough to meet the poverty guideline, but without having tax returns of the last three years, am i doomed?

Any help will be strongly appreciated!

No, you are not doomed. Collect as many paystubs as possible, get a letter of employment from your job stating: When you started and your annual salary, collect some bank statements.

You have no tax returns at all?

just one from last year, but just for december income, cause i came to USA on November 2005 after 19 years in my other country where i was raised.

Do you really think that gathering all this info will make me sponsor her?

OK, I am getting confused. Are you a dual citizen?

yep, i am venezuelan and us-american

Did you file taxes in Venezuela? Perhaps you can use those documents, along with the other evidence. It is always best to show as much evidence as possible.

Anyone else with thoughts?

Nah, in Venezuela you dont get tax returns. Plus i was a freelancer over there. I hate to ask so many questions, but i thought about having a Joint Sponsor, but my only friend here has a 3yo boy, and she is collecting benefits from the State. Does anyone knows if she is allow to co-sponsor my case without interfering with her benefits? I mean, if she co-sponsor us, would she loose her benefits?

Nah, in Venezuela you dont get tax returns. Plus i was a freelancer over there. I hate to ask so many questions, but i thought about having a Joint Sponsor, but my only friend here has a 3yo boy, and she is collecting benefits from the State. Does anyone knows if she is allow to co-sponsor my case without interfering with her benefits? I mean, if she co-sponsor us, would she loose her benefits?

Since there are no tax returns for Venezuela, you may want to write a letter of explanation, to accompany your other financial evidence.

Are you above the poverty line of income? If so, you do not need a co sponsor.

On your friend, If she is collecting benefits from the State, then she would be unsuitable as a sponsor.

Got it, i thought she would not qualify.

Now, i have more than 30 pay stubs, all my bank statements since December, land line phone bills since March and stuffs like that, plus i'll ask for my employer letter today. I hope that will be enough proof for the affidavit of support. What do you think? Any other advise or tip?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Now, i have more than 30 pay stubs, all my bank statements since December, land line phone bills since March and stuffs like that, plus i'll ask for my employer letter today. I hope that will be enough proof for the affidavit of support. What do you think? Any other advise or tip?

Monthly bank statements?

Make sure the employer writes the letter showing the info requested on I-134.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Consider writing that letter, explaining your past income situation and so forth.

Good luck.

I called uscis info center to ask for some assistant over my case, and they told me to get in touch with the embassy in Venezuela cause they have there own criteria. So i sent them an e-mail explaining all my status and proofs. I hope they give me some positive answers.

And yeah, i ment to say monthly bank statements.

The letter i think i am going to have it next week.

You may have an issue when your fiancee adjusts status, but for now, you're probably ok.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.