winelight

What happens if I did not use the latest I-129F form?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I downloaded the latest I-129F form last month. It took a few weeks to get all of the info...and I got the last bit of info several days ago. I then received the pertinent documents from my fiancee yesterday....and then mailed my I-129F package today.

So...I was looking at the new I-129F form posted online AFTER I mailed the petition...and it appears that the form I used is no longer current. During the 3 weeks (or so) that I was completing the I-129F, USCIS posted a new version of the form. The form I mailed was dated "06/14/10" in the lower right corner. The new form is dated "11/23/10" in the corner. My mailing was 12/15/2010

My question is: Will USCIS reject my I-129F petition because I did not catch the new updated form before I sent in my I-129F petition package?

Again...I followed the instructions to download the latest at the time I started filling out the form...I just did not know the form I was filling out would become obsolete within 3 weeks. I DID get the new address and fees correct as I went online to look this up just prior to sending the petition. So..the only issue is the version of the petition I used....which is technically around 3 weeks obsolete now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you did not send the current date accepted they send you back the entire form asking for you to redo it on the proper forms. Then you will redo it and send it all back to them. ALWAYS check the USCIS website for current forms and current payment ammounts. Don't just rely on VJ forms.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

If you did not send the current date accepted they send you back the entire form asking for you to redo it on the proper forms. Then you will redo it and send it all back to them. ALWAYS check the USCIS website for current forms and current payment ammounts. Don't just rely on VJ forms.

What you are saying , then, is that if I downloaded on 11/22/10 and took 1-2 days to complete and file the form on 11/24/10...USCIS could send it back to me as the new form is dated 11/23/10.

Is there a grace period from the time they release a new form....until the time you are forced to use the new form?

It says here http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f that a few other editions are currently accepted for the I-129F. In the future, be sure to check before though; with some forms, only the most very recent form is accepted.

"Edition Date :

11/23/10; (06/14/10; 02/19/10 editions also accepted)"

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Lol, you won't have to do this again, but there are still a lot of forms to fill out. An affidavit of support, and then once she gets here there are more forms to get her Greencard (and more $$). Look at the whole K-1 flow chart so you know what to expect. It doesn't end when she gets here. Good luck!

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.