marjus's girl

I-184 questions

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hello I get SSDI for a epilepsy disorder and I was wondering if that matters to nvc or consulates when they look at your cases since i have no job.. and my second question is my sister is cosponsoring my husband since i dont get enough money and i was wondering does she count herself, her husband and my husband as her household(for a total of 3) she has no children and her and her husband actually file taxes seperately but i assume she still counts him..she made atleast 25,000 this year so i think im okay either way..just looking a head:)

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello I get SSDI for a epilepsy disorder and I was wondering if that matters to nvc or consulates when they look at your cases since i have no job.. and my second question is my sister is cosponsoring my husband since i dont get enough money and i was wondering does she count herself, her husband and my husband as her household(for a total of 3) she has no children and her and her husband actually file taxes seperately but i assume she still counts him..she made atleast 25,000 this year so i think im okay either way..just looking a head:)

They consider everything but it sounds like your sister minimally meets the minimum requirements to joint sponsor. Yes, her family size would be 3.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

They consider everything but it sounds like your sister minimally meets the minimum requirements to joint sponsor. Yes, her family size would be 3.

For the First question i don't know but , if the cosponsor file tax separate that means they don't live together which means is not included in her family size . she counts herself and the people she supports , other people if she ever did a i864 for them till they get the citizenship .

read this paragraph might help u

The sponsor must have an income or assets or a combination thereof that meets at least 125% of the stated poverty guidelines. In deference to the sacrifices made by our U.S. armed forces, sponsors on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces need only meet 100% of the stated poverty guidelines. Moreover, all household members of the sponsor are considered when determining whether the sponsor meets the poverty guidelines. Under this provision, members of the household may even include individuals whom the sponsor does not directly support. The following persons are considered household members of the sponsor:

* Individuals related, by blood, marriage or adoption, to the sponsor, such as a spouse and all children. ?Children? are considered as persons under age 21, irrespective of parental custody. Parent(s) of the sponsor are also included in this determination if residing with the sponsor.

* Any other person listed as a dependent on the sponsor?s IRS income tax return.

* Any person for whom the sponsor has previously executed a Form I-864.

* The beneficiary, or applicant, and all accompanying dependents.

Timeline

For the First question i don't know but , if the cosponsor file tax separate that means they don't live together which means is not included in her family size . she counts herself and the people she supports , other people if she ever did a i864 for them till they get the citizenship .

The sponsor must have an income or assets or a combination thereof that meets at least 125% of the stated poverty guidelines. In deference to the sacrifices made by our U.S. armed forces, sponsors on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces need only meet 100% of the stated poverty guidelines. Moreover, all household members of the sponsor are considered when determining whether the sponsor meets the poverty guidelines. Under this provision, members of the household may even include individuals whom the sponsor does not directly support. The following persons are considered household members of the sponsor:

* Individuals related, by blood, marriage or adoption, to the sponsor, such as a spouse and all children. ?Children? are considered as persons under age 21, irrespective of parental custody. Parent(s) of the sponsor are also included in this determination if residing with the sponsor.

* Any other person listed as a dependent on the sponsor?s IRS income tax return.

* Any person for whom the sponsor has previously executed a Form I-864.

* The beneficiary, or applicant, and all accompanying dependents.

The minimal requirments for 3 ppl is 22,887 my sister made atleast 25,000 so she is above the minimal requirements plus she has money in bank ..i can show with statements..her husband lives with her they dont file jointly because they get more back I think if they file seperately..(I dont know if that clear things up or not) so I think she does put 3 in household..I was still just wondering if my being on ssdi would be factor..I have work history and a RN degree...

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

Timeline

The minimal requirments for 3 ppl is 22,887 my sister made atleast 25,000 so she is above the minimal requirements plus she has money in bank ..i can show with statements..her husband lives with her they dont file jointly because they get more back I think if they file seperately..(I dont know if that clear things up or not) so I think she does put 3 in household..I was still just wondering if my being on ssdi would be factor..I have work history and a RN degree...

From what i read yes her household is 3 , and belonging to your conditions ,should not influence your case or the visa for your family member as long as u have a Co-sponsor .

Timeline

From what i read yes her household is 3 , and belonging to your conditions ,should not influence your case or the visa for your family member as long as u have a Co-sponsor .

Thank you so much for your replys..:) Good luck on your journey also..:D

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

, if the cosponsor file tax separate that means they don't live together which means is not included in her family size . she counts herself and the people she supports , other people if she ever did a i864 for them till they get the citizenship .

This statement is incorrect. Filing taxes jointly or separately is a choice or option and indicates nothing at all about whether the couple lives together. The paragraph you quote later actually contradicts your first statement. Please be careful to know the facts before giving advice.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

:thumbs: There is actually a check box on 1040 forms, married but filing separately. The reasons for doing this are varied but, as you state, has nothing to do with whether taxpayers are living together.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.