mrsnough

US EMBASSY IN GHANA QUESTIONS

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

QUESTIONS:

1: DO I PAY A VISA PROCESSING FEE FOR IMMIGRANT VISA AT THE US EMBASSY IN GHANA ON THE DAY OF INTERVIEW? HOW MUCH AND IN WHICH CURRENCY?

2: CAN I GO FOR MY MEDICAL EXAMS AS SOON AS I RECEIVE MY P4 EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NOTHING IN THE P4 I JUST RECEIVED REGARDING THE MEDICAL EXAMS? I NEED AN URGENT ANSWERS PLEASE. IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU.

I think every country has a different process. As of the medical interview, it's better to sit for one prior to the interview day but not that earlier ( earlier medical tests are not that appreciated by the embassy).

Try to contact your embassy by e-mailing your question to one of the address on their website:

Visa Inquiries - US Embassy in Ghana

Good luck.

Sahbi.

Timeline

The immigrant Visa fee is $404 and you will pay it on your interview day in either Cedis or Dollars.

Also,if you received packet 3 and 4 already,then take the qppointment letter to one of the Clinics prescribed byy the embassy.You will find the information for the Approved clinics in your packet 3.

I hope that helps.

Timeline

QUESTIONS:

1: DO I PAY A VISA PROCESSING FEE FOR IMMIGRANT VISA AT THE US EMBASSY IN GHANA ON THE DAY OF INTERVIEW? HOW MUCH AND IN WHICH CURRENCY?

2: CAN I GO FOR MY MEDICAL EXAMS AS SOON AS I RECEIVE MY P4 EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NOTHING IN THE P4 I JUST RECEIVED REGARDING THE MEDICAL EXAMS? I NEED AN URGENT ANSWERS PLEASE. IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU.

u already paid the visa fee at the nvc so no worries only fiance pay at the time of interview......did u get an appointment letter

Timeline

u already paid the visa fee at the nvc so no worries only fiance pay at the time of interview......did u get an appointment letter

Yes i have already paid The Immigrant Visa Processing Fee(s) ($400.00) to NVC May 2009 and i thought that was it... also i got the appointment letter in my email.. do you know what's next?

Timeline

Didnt you pay that NVC before?

I know i paid The Immigrant Visa Processing Fee(s) ($400.00)before to NVC but someone told me my husband will make another payment of visa fee at the embassy on the day ofinterview

Timeline

The immigrant Visa fee is $404 and you will pay it on your interview day in either Cedis or Dollars.

Also,if you received packet 3 and 4 already,then take the qppointment letter to one of the Clinics prescribed byy the embassy.You will find the information for the Approved clinics in your packet 3.

I hope that helps.

which means i can use the same appointment letter they sent into my email instead of going to the US Embassy to pick some of those packet with the instructions in it? here is what the letter said:

December 6, 2010

NVC Case Number: ACC20xxxxxxxxx

Dear Nough:

The enclosed information pertains to Nough Skrilla's interest in immigrating to the United States of

America. The National Visa Center (NVC) has completed its processing of Nough Skrilla's petition,

case number ACC20xxxxxxxx; and forwarded it to the American Embassy/Consulate in ACCRA.

An immigrant visa interview has been scheduled for the applicant at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in

ACCRA on January 27, 2011 at 07:30 am.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Please read and follow all Interview Preparation Instructions located on the Department of State's web site

at: www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov, under the "Interview Preparation" link.

Important information regarding the required medical appointment is listed on this site. Failure to read

and promptly follow all instructions provided on this site will result in your immigrant visa being refused

at the initial interview.

Upon arrival at the Embassy/Consulate, the applicant should present this letter to the receptionist.

Those members of the applicant's family, listed on the attached page, must appear at the

Embassy/Consulate on the above appointment date. The address is provided on the next page.

WHAT TO DO IF THE APPLICANT CANNOT KEEP THE APPOINTMENT:

Some Embassies/Consulates reschedule interview appointments themselves; others utilize an outside service

provider to reschedule appointments. To determine the proper procedure for rescheduling the applicant's interview

appointment, please go to the Department of State's web site at: www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov, click the

"Interview Preparation" link, and read the US Embassy/Consulate information on page (4) entitled

"Embassy/Consulate General-Specific Interview Guidelines." If the Embassy/Consulate does not have any

specific interview guidelines listed, you should contact the

I know i paid The Immigrant Visa Processing Fee(s) ($400.00)before to NVC but someone told me my husband will make another payment of visa fee at the embassy on the day ofinterview

You won't need to make another payment at the embassy again..you have already made payment and it's recorded.

Citizenship next step!

Timeline

Yes i have already paid The Immigrant Visa Processing Fee(s) ($400.00) to NVC May 2009 and i thought that was it... also i got the appointment letter in my email.. do you know what's next?

take this letter to holy trinity and get ur medicals done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.