lovetimhortons

Really Confused: DS-3025/I-693 (Canada K1-->AOS)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All: Am working on the supporting documents for I-485. I recently relocated from Canada on a K1, and have married :)

Had a quick question that I was really hoping someone who recently filed for AOS (from a K1 from Canada) could answer!

Basically: What do I need to include with my I-485 to prove my vaccination history?? The instructions from I-485, as well as I-693 are unclear to me. The instructions have been cut and pasted below...

My vaccinations were all complete before my medical in Toronto, Canada (2 months ago), and my medical was clear.

After my medical (in Toronto) I received a copy of a "Vaccination Documentation Medical Worksheet Two," which indicates that my vaccinations are up to date. It does not say "DS-3025" anywhere on the page. I called the panel physician's office, and the secretary confirmed that it is NOT a DS-3025, and they cannot release the DS-3025 to me. She told me to go to a civil surgeon in my area and get the vaccines from that worksheet transcribed to a I-693. She also told me I'd likely require another medical. Arrrgh.

I've called several civil surgeons in my area, who seem to be under the impression that I need to undergo a complete immigration medical, and want to charge me anywhere between $115-$250 for the "paperwork." I'm happy to do this if necessary, but wonder if it is really necessary? No one seems willing to just fill out Section 2 (Vaccination Chart) and Section 5 of the I-693 for me. (Section I will obviously be completed by me). Regardless, I made an appt with a civil surgeon in the area whose secretary seemed pretty knowledgable, and told me they did another K1 I-693 last week.

As below, it seems strange to automatically assume that "the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report." Isn't that one of the entire points of the medical to begin with?

Help!!! (Thank you in advance for any answers).

---

From I-485 Instructions:

7. Medical examination

When required, submit a medical examination report on Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record.

Individuals applying for adjustment of status:

A. General: When filing your Form I-485, include your medical examination report with the application, unless you are a refugee.

B. Refugees: If you are applying for adjustment of status 1 year after you were admitted as a refugee, you only need to submit the vaccination portion of Form I-693 (pages 1,4, and 6) with your Form I-485, not the entire medical report, unless you had a Class A condition noted on your overseas medical exam.

8. Fiancé(e)s

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your Form I-485.

--

From I-693 Instructions:

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or

B. as a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination, and the medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition, or if you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and have complied with the terms and conditions on the waiver.

b. Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit Part 1, Information About You, Part 2, the vaccination chart and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification, of Form I-693.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

All you need to send in with your aos is the copy of the vaccination sheet you got from your medical as long as your medical is still valid ( they are valid for 1 year from the date of the medical ). You wont need a 693 if all your shots are completed.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Thanks so much for the replies :) Reassuring to know that likely the vaccination worksheet is enough (yes, my vaccines are currently up to date, and were up to date at the time of the medical as well).

I really hope they didn't lose my medical. Tired of "donating" money, time, and blood (for blood tests) for this process! ;)

Some things you need to look for to make sure your DS3025 was "properly completed"---

Shots

MMR

Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DTaP

Varicella (or your form can be marked with a VH if you had chickenpox and don't need the shot.

Everything you didn't get should be marked not age appropriate or not medically appropriate

Example: Rotorvirus (a baby shot) should be marked "not age appropriate", not just left blank. Same for the other baby/kid shots

Results section (below the shots) has to have one of two things checked. (Nothing checked has been rejected by USCIS as not properly completed and the one I read about was from Canada)

__complete

__incomplete.....blanket waiver

Signed and dated by panel physician

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Thank you so much for your reply! :) Makes sense.

The blanket waiver line is checked off on mine, but did you get a copy of the DS3025 with your medical? Sounds like you are from the UK. It seems that we don't get that in Canada (well at least for the Toronto medical).

We get a copy of a "Vaccination Worksheet" that looks almost identical to the DS3025 (I've never actually seen a real DS3025, but from googling it, it looks like it covers the exact same content as the vaccination worksheet we received in Toronto).

Happy holidays!

Timeline

Thank you so much for your reply! :) Makes sense.

The blanket waiver line is checked off on mine, but did you get a copy of the DS3025 with your medical? Sounds like you are from the UK. It seems that we don't get that in Canada (well at least for the Toronto medical).

We get a copy of a "Vaccination Worksheet" that looks almost identical to the DS3025 (I've never actually seen a real DS3025, but from googling it, it looks like it covers the exact same content as the vaccination worksheet we received in Toronto).

Happy holidays!

it IS the same thing as the vaccination work sheet... all you need is the copy you got from the medical for AOS.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

Thanks for clarifying, Inky! :)

Hope you are enjoying the holidays too...I went to Target today for Christmas stuff...can't believe they still don't have Target in Canada!

Timeline

Thanks for clarifying, Inky! :)

Hope you are enjoying the holidays too...I went to Target today for Christmas stuff...can't believe they still don't have Target in Canada!

even if they did get a target I dont think it would be as good as the american ones lol.. i find walmart in the states has way more and way better quality than the ones in canada.. unless you go to the ones near a border town.

Timeline

Just cross your fingers that it didn't get lost :) Seems it happens a lot from K1-Canada :( I have heard from a few say they needed to get it transcribed onto the I-693 (costs anywhere from $10-$50) but then again some have not required it :wacko: . I would send in the photocopy you got from TO (where I did mine as well) and half expect an RFE for that dang 693 form...I had to get a new MMR shot, apparently the one I had as a child isn't sufficient for the USA :(

Brandi

K-3 Visa Interview Date : 2009-10-19 Approved POE: 2009-10-28 Emerson ND

See time-line or Profile for more info

EAD

2010-06-07: Date Filed

2010-10-16: EAD in hand!

2010-10-23: SSN Received in normal post!!

AoS- Chicago Lock Box

2010-10-18(Day 1): Mailed again :)

2011-03-17(Day 159): Interview - Review file response

2011-03-18(Day 160): Card production email/text for Green Card!

2011-03-21(Day 163): Welcome to USA letter received

2011-03-22(Day 164): Another text for card production! Start printing GC?

2011-03-23(Day 165): Text/email moving into post decision activity! Mail GC?

2011-03-26(Day 168): GC in hand and done for 3-10 years depending on the citizenship decision...Still unsure!

N400 - Dallas Lock box

2017-02-13(Day 1): Finally made the decision to apply for citizenship. Package went in mail

2017-02-16(Day 4): 1st NOA "went background checks are complete interview will be scheduled" no mention of Biometrics

2017-03-03(Day 15) Biometrics letter arrives scheduled for 2017-03-13 Might try a walk in earlier

Timeline

Thanks Brandi & Michael: I almost feel like as a matter of principle I shouldn't do the I-693. Hopefully no RFE :(

Krikit: I really like the word "Canalien"...it's funny!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.