ateneaalexander

elligally or Not

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok i just read something that can chage everything for my fiance and i. I entered elligally to the U.S when i was 15 to live with my dad but my dad moved to the U.S with a work visa so hes not working eligally and i was living with him the reason i entered illigaly was because my mom wouldnt let me moved to the states but also wont take care of me! i went to school and moved back to my home country 174 days after i turn 18. i believe theres a law that if you got out of the states before 180 days after you turn 18 by your own with no one asking you to leave the country i should be good?? and also my dad is working legally and i was living in his house. so there should be no problem???

Edited by ateneaalexander

[*]june2009: met online

[*]july 28 2009: start dating

[*]october 09 2009: met in person

[*]oct 11 2009:he proposed :D i know crazy lol

[*]october 28 2009: deployment to iraq :(

[*]november 05 2010: visit to mexico for 20 days :D

[*]november 25 2010: last time i hold him :(

[*]january 18 2011: k-1 sent

[*]feb 09 2011:NOA1

[*]june 03 2011: NOA2 :D

[*]july 1st 2011: packet 3 yayy

[*]august 18 2011: interview! hoping for the best

[*]august 18 2011: APROVED :D

[*]sepyember 3 2011: POE

[*]september 6 2011: marriage yayy

jXxLm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ok i just read something that can chage everything for my fiance and i. I entered elligally to the U.S when i was 15 to live with my dad but my dad moved to the U.S with a work visa so hes not working eligally and i was living with him the reason i entered illigaly was because my mom wouldnt let me moved to the states but also wont take care of me! i went to school and moved back to my home country 174 days after i turn 18. i believe theres a law that if you got out of the states before 180 days after you turn 18 by your own with no one asking you to leave the country i should be good?? and also my dad is working legally and i was living in his house. so there should be no problem???

You started accumulating overstay time when you turned 18, but you don't get an automatic ban until you've overstayed for 180 days. It looks like you got out just under the wire. As long as you only entered illegally one time then you shouldn't need a waiver. If you entered illegally more than once then you're screwed because the multiple entry ban even applies to minors.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i only etered ellegaly once

[*]june2009: met online

[*]july 28 2009: start dating

[*]october 09 2009: met in person

[*]oct 11 2009:he proposed :D i know crazy lol

[*]october 28 2009: deployment to iraq :(

[*]november 05 2010: visit to mexico for 20 days :D

[*]november 25 2010: last time i hold him :(

[*]january 18 2011: k-1 sent

[*]feb 09 2011:NOA1

[*]june 03 2011: NOA2 :D

[*]july 1st 2011: packet 3 yayy

[*]august 18 2011: interview! hoping for the best

[*]august 18 2011: APROVED :D

[*]sepyember 3 2011: POE

[*]september 6 2011: marriage yayy

jXxLm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.