Canadianmade

How Are The October 2008 AOS Filers Doing?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys how are you all doing? How have the last 2 years been to you guys and anything new and exciting since the approval of your green card? I have been pretty good, I have been at the same job since I been here in the US for about 1.5yr, got my drivers license about 2 months ago and going to school to be come an RN so its been busy and time has pass by so fast. Life has been pretty good, I cant complain went back to Canada a few times which I am more than happy about and about to go back new years eve. I am no where near ROC yet, the earliest I get to remove my conditions is May 10, 2011, since I got approved for residency so late on 8/10/2009, due to USCIS fault, and bureaucracies, they totally screwed me waiting over 10 months to be approved and held on to my passport and documents for no reason and didn't give me any reason or explanation. I personally feel I should already be in the process of ROC already but USCIS screwed it all up, which makes no sense to me they gave me an interview in 3months for my conditional green card, but waited 7 extra months to get approved for my green card. Anyways enough of my ranting, hope to hear from you old friends and good luck to those who are in the ROC stage.

Removal of Conditions

05/20/2011.....................Sent off package today, so now playing the waiting game.(Day 1)

05/23/2011.....................Package was received(Day 3)

05/28/2011.....................Received NOA/one year extention letter dated 5/23/2011(Day 8)

06/04/2011.....................I got my biometrics letter in the mail, my appointment is for 06/13/2011@11:00am (Day 14)

06/13/2011.....................Biometrics appointment today @Cleveland, Ohio @11:00am (Day 23)

09/20/2011.....................Approved for 10yr green card, wooohooooo next step citizenship

09/24/2011.....................Received 10yr green card in the mail.

My window for Citizenship 05/20/2012

hiya canadianmade, i responded in the roc thread because i hadn't yet seen this thread. glad to hear all is well! sounds like life is treating you well! what a pain that it took you so long to get your 2 year. will you pursue u.s. citizenship? we are just so that my husband can remove the government from our marriage and it makes travel easier. although i believe we'll move to thailand in about 4 years, give him time to finish uni which will take him a wee bit longer due to the struggles with the language but he's hanging in there.

we're both still actually in our same jobs and i will finish uni summer 2011 and my husband is taking 15 units as well. whew...wonder how the rest of our old crew is faring? we had a solid group didn't we?

i took my husband to montreal for an extended weekend for our anniversary in october (his first trip to canada and my first to montreal) loved it! gosh it was uber expensive though.

hope you are having a wondeful holiday season, enjoying good health and at least some prosperity.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

hiya canadianmade, i responded in the roc thread because i hadn't yet seen this thread. glad to hear all is well! sounds like life is treating you well! what a pain that it took you so long to get your 2 year. will you pursue u.s. citizenship? we are just so that my husband can remove the government from our marriage and it makes travel easier. although i believe we'll move to thailand in about 4 years, give him time to finish uni which will take him a wee bit longer due to the struggles with the language but he's hanging in there.

we're both still actually in our same jobs and i will finish uni summer 2011 and my husband is taking 15 units as well. whew...wonder how the rest of our old crew is faring? we had a solid group didn't we?

i took my husband to montreal for an extended weekend for our anniversary in october (his first trip to canada and my first to montreal) loved it! gosh it was uber expensive though.

hope you are having a wondeful holiday season, enjoying good health and at least some prosperity.

Hey that is ok, I did see your response in the ROC thread, and yes cant complain life is good in the good ol USA hahaha. Yes my process took way longer than it should of and also the part I disliked the most was we never got any answers into why they prolonged our case for an extra 7 months. Yes I am going to pursue us citzenship because to get USCIS out of ours life and also to be able to freely travel back and forth to Canada without any problems and to vote also. What are you guys studying? Hey learning a new language is hard, so it will be sometime till he masters it and he will look back and say remember I wasnt able to speak the language and at least hes trying which is very good. I am in process of going to nursing school doing the pre reqs now and still working as a nurses aide at the same nursing home. That is alot of classes to take and working at the same time but you have to do it as its the norm these days. BTW I love Thai food it is so delicious hahaha. Enjoy your holidays and keep in touch. I do wonder how everyone else is doing, I had spoke to Rosie in the Dec ROC thread yesterday and shes doing well.

Removal of Conditions

05/20/2011.....................Sent off package today, so now playing the waiting game.(Day 1)

05/28/2011.....................Received NOA/one year extention letter dated 5/23/2011(Day 8)

06/04/2011.....................I got my biometrics letter in the mail, my appointment is for 06/13/2011@11:00am (Day 14)

06/13/2011.....................Biometrics appointment today @Cleveland, Ohio @11:00am (Day 23)

09/20/2011.....................Approved for 10yr green card, wooohooooo next step citizenship

i have a double major, organizational communication and human resources and he's working through general education, primarily studying english so he becomes proficient and yes english is incredibly difficult to learn i remember being frustrated as a child trying to learn it! since it makes little sense but he's doing remarkably well. sometimes too well since he forgets thai words now :blush:.

i love thai food too, i have learned to my quite a few dishes since when my husband first came back i thought it would be one less way for him to feel homesick since eating out is expensive. ironic really since when he lived here when we were dating he couldn't get enough of trying other foods. now he fanices himself andrew zimern, every country we go to..."what's weird to eat here? i want to eat that!" well the horse in montreal almost did him in, he hated it, i tried to tell him since i had eaten it before but you men are a stubborn lot.

i'm glad you guys are doing well also, yes the working full time and school full time is a bear but it will all be worth it right? RIGHT?

we really had a good group in our aos crew didn't we. i hope everyone is doing well! we're all closing in on the end of it i hope. ugh!

have fantastic hols! and happy new year to you and mrs. canadianmade. definitely keep me posted on your roc journey. those jokers kinda owe you one hopefully that's a smooth 90 day journey!

Edited by Kang Lang

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

i have a double major, organizational communication and human resources and he's working through general education, primarily studying english so he becomes proficient and yes english is incredibly difficult to learn i remember being frustrated as a child trying to learn it! since it makes little sense but he's doing remarkably well. sometimes too well since he forgets thai words now :blush:.

i love thai food too, i have learned to my quite a few dishes since when my husband first came back i thought it would be one less way for him to feel homesick since eating out is expensive. ironic really since when he lived here when we were dating he couldn't get enough of trying other foods. now he fanices himself andrew zimern, every country we go to..."what's weird to eat here? i want to eat that!" well the horse in montreal almost did him in, he hated it, i tried to tell him since i had eaten it before but you men are a stubborn lot.

i'm glad you guys are doing well also, yes the working full time and school full time is a bear but it will all be worth it right? RIGHT?

we really had a good group in our aos crew didn't we. i hope everyone is doing well! we're all closing in on the end of it i hope. ugh!

have fantastic hols! and happy new year to you and mrs. canadianmade. definitely keep me posted on your roc journey. those jokers kinda owe you one hopefully that's a smooth 90 day journey!

Very cool and hey theres a big demand for HR managers you know and keep at it. Yes going to school at the end will pay off who can afford do just do one or the other lol. Yeah we did have a pretty cool group of people in our AOS journey and hope to hear from some of them soon. Yes I cant wait to just get this journey done and over with honestly. Thank you and hope you both have a nice holiday too. fingers cross that my ROC journey will be alot better.

Removal of Conditions

We're Oct 2008 filers. I just finished the ROC packet today. Yay! We can't mail it until Christmas Eve, but the Priority Mail envelope is already addressed and the check written. Now I can get back to Christmas.

Our AOS took longer than a lot of the group. I remember the ones transferred to CSC took longer than those with interviews. And I remember Canadianmade's struggles. We bought a new house and moved away from where I spent my whole life. It's been great. Love the house and neighbors and the adventure of learning a new area. But it still seems weird to go to the grocery store and not run into one person I know. It used to take me forever to shop because I knew almost everybody in town and had to stop and talk.

We've been back to England once and had company from there 3 times. We took a short, last-minute trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas for our second anniversary because we got super cheap tickets. Things have been great. In another year he plans to file for citizenship.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

We're Oct 2008 filers. I just finished the ROC packet today. Yay! We can't mail it until Christmas Eve, but the Priority Mail envelope is already addressed and the check written. Now I can get back to Christmas.

Our AOS took longer than a lot of the group. I remember the ones transferred to CSC took longer than those with interviews. And I remember Canadianmade's struggles. We bought a new house and moved away from where I spent my whole life. It's been great. Love the house and neighbors and the adventure of learning a new area. But it still seems weird to go to the grocery store and not run into one person I know. It used to take me forever to shop because I knew almost everybody in town and had to stop and talk.

We've been back to England once and had company from there 3 times. We took a short, last-minute trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas for our second anniversary because we got super cheap tickets. Things have been great. In another year he plans to file for citizenship.

Hey, I remember you guys glad to hear from you, it certainly has been a long time since the time we were waiting for our approvals. Congrads on sending in your ROC packet, and I hope your guy's process is smooth and fast. Yes I do also remember that your guys's AOS process took a while to get approved. Oh yes I think I am the only one in our group who had the roughest AOS process after the interview. It took 10 months in total to get approved and it pushed back my ROC filing by a couple months, but hey what can you do. The part that bothered me the most was why it took so long and the fact after my interview they never gave me any straight answers at the infopass apointments and why they held onto my passport and birth certificate. Anyways congrads to you guys on your new home and glad to hear you guys had a good transition. I am also glad to hear you had the opportunity to visit back home and your family came to the US to see you guys. I have been working as a nurses aide for almost 2yrs now, going to school to become an RN and I also got my drivers license too so it has been pretty awesome and the US has been nothing but good to me and my wife and I have been back to Canada quite a few times since and we are going down new years eve. I will be eligible to file my ROC in May 10 2011 and ironically thats our anniversary day, so it will be 3yrs for us. I do also plan to file for citizenship so I can get this process done and over with and be able to travel without any fear and vote.

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.