R2NALD

Newbie and affadavit of support...help...please-)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi, everybody,

Here's my situation, i live in France, she lives in Usa -usc-...We are going to get married in Usa, and then we will fill the dcf directly in french embassy :blush: . I think that works-).

I tried to think about all...k-3 visa k-1...but it's too long :( ...i even thought to become illegal...but at the end, i think that the best way for us is to respect the laws :dance: .

So, as soon as we get married, we have to fill in the american embassy in Paris. But, the problem is this affadavit...

After hours of looking on the guide, looking in other forums, i didn't find answers to my questions...so is someone can help us? :blush: .

So here's my questions,

1)She's just beginning to work, she won't be able to sponsor me, and she's not going to earn more than 16500 dollars per year for now...so do we need one sponsor for only me, or for both?

2) When we are going to fill the affadavit, as she doesn't have enough income, does she has to fill an affadavit, or is only to the cosponsor to fill it? I don't think that we'll have a problem finding a cosponsor, but two might be hard :crying:

I really thanks all the people in this forum...i just wanna live with her, and make my life with my wonderful sweety (L)...i know it's hard for a lot of people here-). I'm ready to struggle with you-).

May 27 th 2008: USCIS received my AOS pack( i-485,I-130, I-785...etc)

June 4th 2008: Checks cashed!

June 7th 2008: received NOA for I-130, I-485, I-765, case is in the nbc

June 10th 2008: received biometric letter

June 21th 2008 : Biometrics Done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Hi, everybody,

Here's my situation, i live in France, she lives in Usa -usc-...We are going to get married in Usa, and then we will fill the dcf directly in french embassy :blush: . I think that works-).

I tried to think about all...k-3 visa k-1...but it's too long :( ...i even thought to become illegal...but at the end, i think that the best way for us is to respect the laws :dance: .

So, as soon as we get married, we have to fill in the american embassy in Paris. But, the problem is this affadavit...

After hours of looking on the guide, looking in other forums, i didn't find answers to my questions...so is someone can help us? :blush: .

So here's my questions,

1)She's just beginning to work, she won't be able to sponsor me, and she's not going to earn more than 16500 dollars per year for now...so do we need one sponsor for only me, or for both?

2) When we are going to fill the affadavit, as she doesn't have enough income, does she has to fill an affadavit, or is only to the cosponsor to fill it? I don't think that we'll have a problem finding a cosponsor, but two might be hard :crying:

I really thanks all the people in this forum...i just wanna live with her, and make my life with my wonderful sweety (L)...i know it's hard for a lot of people here-). I'm ready to struggle with you-).

Hi salut and bienvenue on VJ..

Your fiancé will have to file an affadavit for you, regardless if she meets the income requirements. The consulate will not look down on this, as it is required that she is the original sponsor. She will only need to find one co-sponsor to meet the income requirements.

Hope this helps

Félicitations pour votre mariage.

Icey

Hi, everybody,

So here's my questions,

Your fiancé will have to file an affadavit for you, regardless if she meets the income requirements. The consulate will not look down on this, as it is required that she is the original sponsor. She will only need to find one co-sponsor to meet the income requirements.

Hope this helps

Icey

Thanks icey, you're very very kind....i will use the knowledge you gave me, to help the next newbies, once i will have enough experience :thumbs:

Hi, everybody,

So here's my questions,

Hope this helps

Icey

Thanks icey, you're very very kind....i will use the knowledge you gave me, to help the next newbies, once i will have enough experience :thumbs:

That means that she has to file the affadavit for me...even if she doesn't earn enough money...and another for the sponsor-)...2 Affadavit?...that's it?

m not sure u can do dcf. that is for when both petitioner and beneficiary reside abroad. with ur fiancee living here she will need 2 file w/ her designated service center

We can do it when both resides overseas in american embassy of France, if live in france and she lives in Usa, she just have to be there at the embassy to fill...we're lucky for that...otherwise i would have taken a k-1..

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi & congrats on your upcoming marriage :)

You asked about your fiancee sponsoring you, and I'm a bit confused. She is living on her own, but working for less than $17000 per year? Not adding up what she's made for this year--you must look at how much she *would* earn in a full year at her current wage or salary.

If the main sponsor (your wife) does not earn enough money, or you think her earning history does not show her in a strong light, you can use a Joint Sponsor. Both Sponsors complete their own I-864.

Thank you for your private message, but I prefer to answer questions like these on the board. Let us know if you have more questions!

meauxna

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Country: France
Timeline
m not sure u can do dcf. that is for when both petitioner and beneficiary reside abroad. with ur fiancee living here she will need 2 file w/ her designated service center

Good news, turns out you can =). my husband lives in the US and while he was here visiting, we went to the US consulate and filled the DCF no problem. you just both need to be there at the initial paper work drop off. then for the interviews your fiance/spouse does not need to be there. so just do it while on vacation, and take off alot of stress from filling in the US.

you will need a co-sponsor, your future in-laws will do the trick. my husband is a student and so my mother-in-law is co-sponsoring me. for info BOTH your future wife and co-sponsor need to fill out the financial forms.

as for the consulate, get there EARLY. we arrived on friday at 10AM and we were couple #10, so since they only let in 20 couples at noon, i recommend getting there early and to bring a good book. (great pain au chocolate just down the street)

i hope that this helps! good luck and congratulations!!!!

Good news, turns out you can =). my husband lives in the US and while he was here visiting, we went to the US consulate and filled the DCF no problem. you just both need to be there at the initial paper work drop off. then for the interviews your fiance/spouse does not need to be there. so just do it while on vacation, and take off alot of stress from filling in the US.

you will need a co-sponsor, your future in-laws will do the trick. my husband is a student and so my mother-in-law is co-sponsoring me. for info BOTH your future wife and co-sponsor need to fill out the financial forms.

as for the consulate, get there EARLY. we arrived on friday at 10AM and we were couple #10, so since they only let in 20 couples at noon, i recommend getting there early and to bring a good book. (great pain au chocolate just down the street)

i hope that this helps! good luck and congratulations!!!!

Thanks a lot, but where did you get married?

usa or France?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.