Keith & Xiang

Where are your pictures?

121 posts in this topic

i have a bunch of pictures in my photo album here...i've never been afraid of 'the internet'...but that's just me. i can certainly understand why some people are shy about sharing too much with the unknown folks on the other side of the computer screen.

*shrug*

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Wow Larry, you are a busy man with the house. Love the way you have done the paneling, is that just pine boards you have put up horizontally? That green paint is fantastic, reminds me of a cozy room in a cabin. The little nooks you have done are awesome as well, are they just inset into the wall joices? I do feel sorry for you, getting the old plaster and lathing strips down is a pain in the bum!

You two are so cute!

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

More of the house, if you like that sort of thing....

http://www.theoldhousejournal.com/house/

Yeah....I tend to think that Sian is pretty cute. LOL

Aye, the walls in the bedroom are horizontal pine boards. 1x6s, in fact. The ones in the niche where the arch used to be are 1x12" pine.

We've been trying to determine what architectural style my house really is. The best guess so far is Georgian, although if the transom over the front door were curved, I'd say Federal. Whichever, it was likely built in 1838 and needs a LOT of work. lol Only concerned with the 2 bedrooms, the office/library, and the hallway at the moment. The rest can be done after Sian gets here.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline
More of the house, if you like that sort of thing....

http://www.theoldhousejournal.com/house/

Yeah....I tend to think that Sian is pretty cute. LOL

Aye, the walls in the bedroom are horizontal pine boards. 1x6s, in fact. The ones in the niche where the arch used to be are 1x12" pine.

We've been trying to determine what architectural style my house really is. The best guess so far is Georgian, although if the transom over the front door were curved, I'd say Federal. Whichever, it was likely built in 1838 and needs a LOT of work. lol Only concerned with the 2 bedrooms, the office/library, and the hallway at the moment. The rest can be done after Sian gets here.

I am sure she appreciates that!

I supervised a project a few years back. The owner wanted to save the nearly 200 year old windows rather than replace them. I dealt with dry rot upon dry rot, and never have I been so sickened by a glazing tool! Lots and lots of oil based primer and paint, 500 gallons of glaze (not really but seemed like it), 200+ window panes, a constantly changing crew (only a woman could last through something like this :lol: ) and eight weeks later it was finished!

In this one you can see the difference between the windows on the right vs. the window on the left.

post-6774-1156675038_thumb.jpg

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Wanna come do my windows? They're over 170 years old and need the same sort of attention. Most of the top sashes have started to come apart, and there's a 1/2" gap between the top of the glass and the wood..... They're held together (or were) with wooden dowels, of course. You still have a few days until Tim gets there....what better way to spend them, eh? :P

Timeline
Wanna come do my windows? They're over 170 years old and need the same sort of attention. Most of the top sashes have started to come apart, and there's a 1/2" gap between the top of the glass and the wood..... They're held together (or were) with wooden dowels, of course. You still have a few days until Tim gets there....what better way to spend them, eh? :P
Make these your friend........ http://www.dap.com/products.aspx?subcatid=12 . I have plenty to keep me busy between now and when Mr Brit gets home thank you very much! :hehe: Nice try though!

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

I love looking at ya'lls pictures.

Cian...your house is looking great!! Can't wait to see the finished results!

Bethanie..asweome work on those windows....I grew up in a 200 year old house, and have learned from day one how to restore old carpentry and furniture! I love looking at pictures of people doing the same!!

I have two pics in my profile...Tons more just was always particular about what I shared online. But this website I kind of feel at home....Seems like others are going through the struggles you are as well...so it is nice to put faces with names! :star:

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think there is a photo of Kik and I in the "my photo" thingy..and we posted some in the marrige album awhile ago...

Best,

Kev

Edited by KevandKiki2

Maybe you'll know when you've seen it

Maybe if you say it you'll mean it

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

"heh... I'd rather show off my cat!"

<---- me too!! Her name is Emma, and she's the QUEEN! Just a sweetheart, never any trouble at all, and just so full of personality.

Now, for the one who really ROCKS MY WORLD....

Him with Paul Weller at a gig in Chicago last September....

post-2826-1156710414_thumb.jpg

Billy (UK) & Becky (KY)

First email from penpal site: February 10, 2003
LOTS of emails until....
First phone call, 2+hours: March 23, 2003
Daily phone calls and emails UNTIL...
First meeting in person (Cincinnati airport): August 2, 2003
Second meeting: December 19, 2003
Third meeting (Gatwick airport): March 27, 2004
Sent I-129-F TSC : May 24, 2004
NOA1: May 27, 2004
NOA1 received: June 4, 2004
RFE via email: July 29, 2004
RFE hard copy received: August 2, 2004
NOA2: August 24, 2004
Packet 3 received: September 16, 2004
Packet 4 received: October 18, 2004
Flying to England to be there for the interview: November 6, 2004
Interview: NOVEMBER 9, 2004
APPROVED!!!!!!!
Billy moving to Kentucky: November 23, 2004
Married in a candlelit ceremony on Friday, December 17, 2004!
AOS interview: Monday, October 24, 2005 Louisville
Green card in mail: January 27, 2006

Found out about his girlfriend, and her FIVE kids: April, 2016

Divorce final: August 9,2016
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
-- 1 John 3:18

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
"heh... I'd rather show off my cat!"

<---- me too!! Her name is Emma, and she's the QUEEN! Just a sweetheart, never any trouble at all, and just so full of personality.

Now, for the one who really ROCKS MY WORLD....

Him with Paul Weller at a gig in Chicago last September....

I don't see the cat in the picture. :P

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Cat's in the avatar!

Billy (UK) & Becky (KY)

First email from penpal site: February 10, 2003
LOTS of emails until....
First phone call, 2+hours: March 23, 2003
Daily phone calls and emails UNTIL...
First meeting in person (Cincinnati airport): August 2, 2003
Second meeting: December 19, 2003
Third meeting (Gatwick airport): March 27, 2004
Sent I-129-F TSC : May 24, 2004
NOA1: May 27, 2004
NOA1 received: June 4, 2004
RFE via email: July 29, 2004
RFE hard copy received: August 2, 2004
NOA2: August 24, 2004
Packet 3 received: September 16, 2004
Packet 4 received: October 18, 2004
Flying to England to be there for the interview: November 6, 2004
Interview: NOVEMBER 9, 2004
APPROVED!!!!!!!
Billy moving to Kentucky: November 23, 2004
Married in a candlelit ceremony on Friday, December 17, 2004!
AOS interview: Monday, October 24, 2005 Louisville
Green card in mail: January 27, 2006

Found out about his girlfriend, and her FIVE kids: April, 2016

Divorce final: August 9,2016
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
-- 1 John 3:18