HondurasGirlMeli

Received NVC Notice - now what?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi all!

I received a letter from the NVC dated 11/19/10 stating:

"The State Department's National Visa Center has recently received an approved I-129F petition filed on behalf of your fiance. This letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa-issuing post where your visa interview will take place. Your fiance will soon receive a packet with instructions from the consular section on how to apply for the K1 visa at that post and what documents will be requred. In the meantime, you should visit the Department of State's website at xxx to determine if the processing post has any information of which you should be immediately aware."

I saw from other people's timelines that they had to submit info to the NVC. In looking at my letter it doesn't appear that I need to at this point. I assume I wait to submit the Affadavit, DS-230 & DS-156, etc at the time of the interview? How can I verify that the packet was sent to the embassy in Honduras? (The NVC line is always busy when I try calling.) Will the embassy tell us when the interview date is or do we need to call and set it up?

Thank for your help!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

06/11/2010 Sent I-129F

06/14/2010 CSC received packet

06/19/2010 NOA1

06/26/2010 Touched

11/09/2010 NOA2

11/19/2010 NVC received packet

12/13/2010 Packet #4 received

01/11/2011 Embassy Interview (had to reschedule)

04/25/2011 Embassy Interview / Visa approved

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

K1 applicants do not need to send documents to NVC, so don't worry about that.

I'm not sure how the embassy in Honduras works, I recommend reading the info about it that you can find on here (click on Embassy Info at the top of the window). Usually they'll send you a package explaining in detail what exactly you need to do.

You can call the Department of State at 202-663-1225 to find out information about where your case currently is.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi hondurasgirlmeli...am from san pedro sula, and my husband and I are already in the CR1 process. As far as I know, our processes are not too different from each other. There are not to much people from honduras in VJ so it would be nice to share some stuff, paper work, timelines and all that. We just received our NOA1 three days ago, and so happy for that. Guess my noa2 will be till next year.So, no other way than tonds of patience!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.