Mariye & Ky

DECREASED I-129F Appiclation Fees! YIPPEE!!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

HEADS UP K1 November Applicants! Today is November 29, 2010: I just got off the phone with a USCIS Representative who VERIFIED the fee for I-129F has been decreased to $340.00 USD, Effective as of November 23, 2010. ** (Prior to this, According to I-129F instructions, the fee was $455.00 USD effective until November 22, 2010)** PLEASE NOTE!! If you send in the wrong amount, USCIS will return your entire package to you, which you must then send in correct fees (TIME DELAY ... WAITING... MORE TIME... need I say more?). However, No worries if you sent in your application post-marked on or before November 22, 2010 with $455 USD; that would be acceptable according to USCIS because it was written on instructions, and the fee had not changed yet.

I am writing this because I fully understand what it is like to wait and be away from your Fiance! Also, I was as surprised as my Immigration Atty friends who can not believe the decrease in application fees! Think of this as a blessing and savings towards your WEDDING! :yes: I wish you all the very best, Mari :D

Edited by Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

However the interview fee went up from $131 to $350. So really you arn't saving much. But in my case I paid both of the higher fees- but no choice on that matter!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

However the interview fee went up from $131 to $350. So really you arn't saving much. But in my case I paid both of the higher fees- but no choice on that matter!

Well... I guess they have to make a buck somewhere or another. Geeze I was all happy for a hot minute as I thought I'd be able to eat food with my meals instead of saving for all these FEES we have to pay. :lol: Thanks for the update, I'll be sure we're saving for the interview for sure. And Good Luck on your VJ! You've got to be excited to high heaven each step of the way! I am so happy for everyone who moves one step ahead of the next; it really gives me and Kadir something to look forward to and a hope and a prayer each day we wait.

God Bless!

Mari

PS: How do I put that little time ticker thing on my profile?

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.