MyR

Steps after the NOA-1

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Visa Journey peeps!

A friend who's also waiting on a fiancé visa had a doubt and I don't know how to answer her, so I'm putting it out there to you guys:

Are there any other steps required on the part of the applicant after receiving the NOA-1?

She heard we have more to do, but I am under the impression that you wait for instructions from Immigration/the Dept. of State. I've done my research on the process, and think I have a pretty good grasp of it.

This is something I'd like to clear-up; we have both been waiting months since the NOA-1 and still haven't heard anything. If we are ignorant of some step that is required, I'd like to know asap!

Thank you for your help!

MyR

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You wait till you get the NOA2 which is the aproval. After that you have many things to do.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Visa Journey peeps!

A friend who's also waiting on a fiancé visa had a doubt and I don't know how to answer her, so I'm putting it out there to you guys:

Are there any other steps required on the part of the applicant after receiving the NOA-1?

She heard we have more to do, but I am under the impression that you wait for instructions from Immigration/the Dept. of State. I've done my research on the process, and think I have a pretty good grasp of it.

This is something I'd like to clear-up; we have both been waiting months since the NOA-1 and still haven't heard anything. If we are ignorant of some step that is required, I'd like to know asap!

Thank you for your help!

MyR

Well you just waaaaait...way to long of a wait for our liking!

However you can be collecting things like more phone/email/text/chat records. Be prepared with proof from USC employer proving you are gainfully employed and can support your fiancee. Also just research stuff to do after the wedding like Adjusting of Status (AOS) getting SSN before wedding once your loved one arrives etc.

But the easy answer to your question is Nope, nothing more for you to do but plan wait & communicate with fiancee!

Your wait will most likely be 5 months hopefully less...possibly more!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The wait feels like an eternity!! Ive filed an I-130 for my husband in August and we are still waiting for the NOA2. Started out in the Cali Service Center and now has been sent to the Texas Service Center. Its driving me insane! So you are looking at about 5 months at the Service Center then once its approved they will forwarded it to the NVC and Ive noticed its taking about a month of processing there. Then about 2 weeks for it to be forwarded to the Embassy in Mexico.

2010-02-08 Filed I-130 through Ca. Service center

2010-13-08 NOA 1 Received

2010-02-11 I-130 transferred to Tx. Service Center

2010-24-11 Notified by email TSC has received our petition and has begun processing it

Not sure if this applies to you, but in my case I received the NOA-1 and them e-mailed the Immigrant Visa Unit at my local US Embassy where my case is being handled and got the instructions from them directly. I am filing via DCF.

My Visa Journey:

Dec-15-2008..... Got Married!

Aug-20-2010..... Filed I-130 at U.S. Embassy

Sep-15-2010..... NOA 1 Received

Sep-23-2010..... Packet 3 Instructions Received from U.S. Embassy

Nov-19-2010..... Packet 3 Handed in to U.S. Embassy

Nov-19-2010..... Packet 4 (Appointment Letter) Instructions Received from U.S. Embassy

Nov-20-2010..... Medical Examination Completed

Dec-06-2010..... Interview - Visa Approved!

Dec-13-2010..... Visa In Hand!

May-02-2011..... Port of Entry - IR-1

May-16-2011..... Social Security Card Received

May-21-2011..... Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.