Danno

Thou Shalt Not Facebook!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Pastor to his church: Thou shall not Facebook

Facebook and adultery seem to go hand in hand, according to the Rev. Cedric Miller of Neptune, N.J.

So, on Sunday, Miller is going to ask his congregation at Living Word Christian Fellowship to delete their Facebook accounts, the Associated Press reported.

Miller told the AP that, over the last six months, 20 couples at his church have run into marital problems after a spouse reconnected with a former love interest on Facebook.

Because of the troubles, the pastor is forcing about 50 married church leaders to delete their Facebook accounts. If they won't give up Facebook, they'll have to resign from their leadership positions at Living Word, the AP reported.

In the past, Miller had asked married church members to share their log-in passwords with spouses, but that didn't seem to be a good enough solution.

"I've been in extended counseling with couples with marital problems because of Facebook for the last year and a half," MIller told the AP. "What happens is someone from yesterday surfaces, it leads to conversations, and there have been physical meet-ups. The temptation is just too great."

Miller is married and has a Facebook account that he told the AP he uses to keep in touch with his six children. But Miller's Facebook account will also be deleted this weekend.

"The advice will go to the entire church," Miller told the AP. "They'll hear what I'm asking of my church leadership. I won't mandate it for the entire congregation, but I hope people will follow my advice."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2010/11/pastor-cedric-miller-thou-shall-not-facebook-living-word-christian-fellowship-church-in-neptune-new-jersey.html

-------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know of cases where facebook has brought "old flames" together?

I know of one guy who hooked up with an old friends Ex-wife... forgetting that he himself was still married.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

And some people want religious morals to determine our laws. :rofl: The Pastor would be better off suggesting his married parishoners have cyber-sex...with EACH OTHER!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Pastor to his church: Thou shall not Facebook

Facebook and adultery seem to go hand in hand, according to the Rev. Cedric Miller of Neptune, N.J.

So, on Sunday, Miller is going to ask his congregation at Living Word Christian Fellowship to delete their Facebook accounts, the Associated Press reported.

Miller told the AP that, over the last six months, 20 couples at his church have run into marital problems after a spouse reconnected with a former love interest on Facebook.

Because of the troubles, the pastor is forcing about 50 married church leaders to delete their Facebook accounts. If they won't give up Facebook, they'll have to resign from their leadership positions at Living Word, the AP reported.

In the past, Miller had asked married church members to share their log-in passwords with spouses, but that didn't seem to be a good enough solution.

"I've been in extended counseling with couples with marital problems because of Facebook for the last year and a half," MIller told the AP. "What happens is someone from yesterday surfaces, it leads to conversations, and there have been physical meet-ups. The temptation is just too great."

Miller is married and has a Facebook account that he told the AP he uses to keep in touch with his six children. But Miller's Facebook account will also be deleted this weekend.

"The advice will go to the entire church," Miller told the AP. "They'll hear what I'm asking of my church leadership. I won't mandate it for the entire congregation, but I hope people will follow my advice."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2010/11/pastor-cedric-miller-thou-shall-not-facebook-living-word-christian-fellowship-church-in-neptune-new-jersey.html

-------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know of cases where facebook has brought "old flames" together?

I know of one guy who hooked up with an old friends Ex-wife... forgetting that he himself was still married.

My "new flame" far exceeds the heat and capability of all my old flames combined. Take care of business at home and neither of you need facebook. Sheeesh.

He "forgot" he was married because his WIFE didn't "remind" him frequently enough.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

It's not Facebook that makes people 'hook up' with old flames.

i agree

:whistle: it's the scratching, farting, fat dude always sitting on the couch.... oh wait, that's the reason for the 310lbs of ugly fat weight loss (divorce :P )

people are IDIOTS to hook up with old flames on FB:

#1 - an ex is an ex for a REASON

#2 - if they're on FB looking for an old mate means soemthing about them is so bad no one can tolerate them so they''re digging up old bones of people who could once tolerate them

if you really want true love find something you enjoy doing (or several things) and do those things... you'll meet people there with same interests. (volunteerism, hobbies, sports, etc NOT YOUR WORK)

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

i agree

:whistle: it's the scratching, farting, fat dude always sitting on the couch.... oh wait, that's the reason for the 310lbs of ugly fat weight loss (divorce :P )

people are IDIOTS to hook up with old flames on FB:

#1 - an ex is an ex for a REASON

#2 - if they're on FB looking for an old mate means soemthing about them is so bad no one can tolerate them so they''re digging up old bones of people who could once tolerate them

if you really want true love find something you enjoy doing (or several things) and do those things... you'll meet people there with same interests. (volunteerism, hobbies, sports, etc NOT YOUR WORK)

Maybe they just want to hook up with old flames to see if they made the right choice dumping them.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

just to add, i never understood people usin the "but i was having trouble at home" excuse (BS!) if you have that much trouble at home you think adding fuel to the fire is gonna make it better? lol or that doubling your problems is going to make life more peaceful and wonderful? LOL!

i swear it really does seem that when there is trouble on the homefront an ex BF will suddenly appear as if by magic offering wonderful things but i tell you, i always chalk that up to the devil. i tell them sorry buddy but your missed your chance and i know i'm making right decision. i cant really say it is hard decision though becasue quite frankly i am usually so peeved off that in my head i'm like what the heck do i want to get trapped again when i just got free???? NO THANK YOU!

:P

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.