Edcol

Vermont Service Center

15 posts in this topic

Hi...there....

I have applied on 5/22 and didnt hear anything after that just recieved extention letter....rite now processing date is 04/01/2006 ...so hopefully hearing from them soon.....raj

• 4 weeks later...

:o keep me posted i got the same day lol

Regards

Hi Edcol:

Wondering if got your approval yet......?

No I havent, :( I can't wait to receive it. Thanks for the insterest anyways.

Regards

Edcol

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello guys,

I too mailed my petition to Vermon but just yesterday...I wanted to ask you how long it took you to receive the extention letter? And did you get the appointment letter to be fingerprinted shortly after?

As you probably saw in my other post I am trying to leave for Europe as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Edited to add: Good luck with the approval, hopefully you guys will get it really soon!

Edited by churipu

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Hello guys,

I too mailed my petition to Vermon but just yesterday...I wanted to ask you how long it took you to receive the extention letter? And did you get the appointment letter to be fingerprinted shortly after?

As you probably saw in my other post I am trying to leave for Europe as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Edited to add: Good luck with the approval, hopefully you guys will get it really soon!

It takes around 2-3 weeks

You can travel with the letter and the passport I think

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everybody,

After I took a break from visajourney for two years (I can't even remember my old username), I am back in the race :D .

I mailed my petition on 09/25/06 and it was received on 09/27/06 at the VSC. So far, they have cashed our check.......I am a little bit nervous, since my card expires on 10/19/06 and I do have a job that I plan on keeping :blush: . Am I allowed to keep working until the extension letter arrives?

I made an infopass appointment at Federal Plaza just to be sure for the 16th. Does anybody know if they will tell me anything, or is this a waste of my time?

I have tried callig the missinfo line, but gave up after 40 minutes. I am a little bit anxious since my 129 F took so long to process at the VSC in 2003/2004 that I am very paranoid. :help:

Thanks

Hi

No I havent received anything, I am worried to be sincere with you. And yes you can keep working you should be receiving the NOA soon. If they cashed the check it is going the right way.

Regards

Ed

Hello Everybody,

After I took a break from visajourney for two years (I can't even remember my old username), I am back in the race :D .

I mailed my petition on 09/25/06 and it was received on 09/27/06 at the VSC. So far, they have cashed our check.......I am a little bit nervous, since my card expires on 10/19/06 and I do have a job that I plan on keeping :blush: . Am I allowed to keep working until the extension letter arrives?

I made an infopass appointment at Federal Plaza just to be sure for the 16th. Does anybody know if they will tell me anything, or is this a waste of my time?

I have tried callig the missinfo line, but gave up after 40 minutes. I am a little bit anxious since my 129 F took so long to process at the VSC in 2003/2004 that I am very paranoid. :help:

Thanks

I also took a 2 year break after my husband got his green card. I sent my paperwork off on August 29. They cashed the check on Sept. 6. I haven't received a notification yet. We called the misinformation line and the contractor put us through to someone live. She couldn't talk to me b/c of privacy so I had to conference my husband in who was working in Spain! She said she was going to send us another NOA, which we also have yet to receive. If nothing arrives by the end of next week, I'm going to have to make an Infopass Appointment since the majority of my husband's work is outside the country, and it will affect our income severely since he makes about 3x what I do.

Is there anyone else who submitted their paperwork around the end of August who has or also hasn't received their receipt?

Lissa

Our K3 Timeline:

February 29, 2004 - married in Las Vegas

March 6, 2004 - Mike returns to Auckland to await K3 process.

March 26, 2004 - Melissa files I-130 with Vermont.

March 29, 2004 - Received NOA1 from Vermont for I-130.

April 10, 2004 - Mailed in I-129F to Chicago for K-3.

April 19, 2004 - NOA1 received from Missouri

July 13, 2004 - I-130 NOA2 Approval from Vermont

July 22, 2004 - NVC Receives Case & Assigns

July 25, 2004 - NVC Sends Affidavit of Support Fee Bill & DS 3032

July 30, 2004 - Melissa receives and pays Affidavit of Support Fee Bill and scans and emails DS 3032 to Mike for signature.

August 9, 2004 - NVC prints Visa Fee Bill (isn't that redundant??)

August 20, 2004 Melissa Receives and pays Visa Fee Bill

August 21, 2004 Melissa Receives Affidavit of Support Packet

August 30, 2004 Melissa Sends Affidavit of Support to NVC

September 7, 2004 Melissa sends DS-230

September 13, 2004 NVC Completes Case!!

September 21, 2004 NVC Sends Case to Auckland

September 27, 2004 Auckland Consulate receives case

September 29, 2004 Mike receives Packet 3

October 2, 2004 Mike sends Packet 3

October 1, 2004 Mike sends back "I'm ready" letter

October 4, 2004 Mike receives interview letter!!!! Interview October 13, 2004!!!!!!

October 13, 2004 Mike's Interview!!!

October 29, 2004 Mike arrives in Boston!!!

I haven't received either for two months since I mailed to VSC. I saw many posts talking about the biometrics for I-751. Is that nessary to do biometrics? it looks like some posts mentioned after receiveing first NOA, then waiting for the final notice.

By the way, what is misinformation line #? I may call them to look into my case.

Many thanks.

Hi,

The missinfo line is the 1800 number for the USCIS.

I and others, call it the missinfo line, since the information that one of their operators provides may not be correct or useful. In my case, they kept telling me to be patient when we simply never received any info for my K1 in 2003/2004. It was really frustrating. During that time a lot of people here were getting approval in 10 to 20 days (ours took 4.5 months :angry: ).

In the end we asked the local MA congressman for help (the Senators offices did not care, since Kerry was running for President and Kennedy's office was helping him. They actually told us this.....very nice :devil: ) and his office really did help us.

Have a nice weekend :D

Edited by catlady

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just an update. I sent my I-751 dated July 03, 2006 to VSC and when I check my status online this morning, I read this message:

"On October 17, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

I hope this means my card will arrive in the mail soon. For your information I did biometrics last August. They took me a picture and a fingerprint of my right thumb. I hope that's all they need for my card and no need for Infopass appointment cause it takes 4 hours drive for me to my local office. Does anybody have experience like this lately?

NATURALIZATION

7/09/2007 - Sent N-400 to Vermont

07/11/07- Priority Date

8/07/2007 - Received NOA 1 receipt for $400

8/30/2007 - Received notice of date for Fingerprinting

09/25/2007- Fingerprinting done

02/19/08 - Received notice of interview

04/18/08 - Interview in Philadelphia

06/16/08 - Received Oath ceremony invitation

07/02/08 - Oath Ceremony date - Pennsylvania Convention Center

Happy Independence Day!

Thats great you are practically done with this hassle. I am really frustrated I know I have a NOA, I know I have 7 more months but it still bothers me not to have everything complete and seeing people who applied on the same month I applied or even after makes me nervous. I called the 1800 number and I asked her that if it was possible that they sent me a notice during the last four months that i never received. She just said I am within the margin of their processing dates "6 months" if i go over the six months and havent heard a thing about my case I can call back and see whats going on. Come on I just want a normal life with my wife and thats it!! lol..

PS: Congratulations to all those who have received their approvals.

Edcol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.