SarahAdnan

How to get Pakistani Spouse to the US?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am a usa citizen (white American by birth NOT pakistani/American. My husband is a Pakistani citizn. I am also disabled, displaced, & a militay vet. I have a physical disability AND it has resulted in severe epilepsy (2 types) I left the US in september 09 to be with my husband in pakistan because we could no longer bear to be apart(his father died and his mother needed him here with her for the funeral, etc.)Being disabled, I do NOT meet the federal poverty guidelines - not even close. I DO have a friend who will be a joint sponsor. she DOES meet the requirements and WILL joint sponsor K3 visa. But still... I have so many questions and I'm hoping that this is the place for some REAL answers- the consulate and embassy are completely useless and I obviously can not afford to hire an attorney. so, please only serious replies-I'm getting desperate for help and not sure how much more I can bear :crying: ok..my questions...

1. I am currently living with my husband in pakistan.we have been married since july 2006. We married here in pakistan. I left in 2007 based on manipulation of my mother and I returned in 2009 hoping to file for his visa and bring him home to usa wth me so we can carry on our life...but apparently I was very mistaken. I have contacted both the consulate and the embassy but after 4 months of waiting for a reply, my husband called the consulate assistant and all that guy could say is "you can't go" and the embassy finally replied to my email today and said 'the I-130 must be filed back in the sates.' :help: I have seen like 400 people in Pakistan since 2006 come to pakistan and bring thier spouse with them to usa within only a few weeks. So, what's the secret? Do I need to return to USA again to file a I-130 package or can it be done here at the embassy or even through corrier (fed-ex)- is there ANYWAY I can stay with him and wait? My seizures are occurring daily (sometimes several times daily) so, I am not in a position to travel or live alone, at least until I can return to the states to my treating physicians and proper, reliable medications.

2. The people who were living upstairs, above us, one son is a LPR and he sponsored his elderly mother to go to the US and because of her health they permitted her younger son to travel and live in usa with her as her attendant- does anyone know anything about an antendant visa and if my husband could qualify for that at least so I can return to my home and doctors?

3. ANY ADVICE FOR MY UNIQUE SITUATION????

thanks;

Sarah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You won't be filing for a K3, that visa is dead. You'll file for an IR-1, leading to a ten year greencard upon arrival in the USA for your husband.

1. How are you staying in Pakistan? You need to be officially legally resident there to file directly with the embassy (DCF), which is the quickest way of getting the visa. If you are on a tourist visa or similar, you will have to file via the USA. That doesn't mean you need to move back there though, just send the paperwork to the US and have a mailing address in the USA (friend, family member) that can send stuff on to you.

2. Never heard of that; I suspect the "attendant" went on a tourist visa, which is very difficult to get, especially married to a USC.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.