Sorine & Jim

Need help - Had to see Psychiatrist

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone

I want to say I have used this site to help me a long on the VISA process for my Fiancé and it has helped me a lot. However I am now to a point I NEED HELP.

My Fiancé Sorine and her 8Y old son had their medical in Manila starting Monday October 18. During the exam the doctor saw a scar on Sorine’s forearm and they made her go see a Psychiatrist to explain the scar (she cut it on some coral swimming years ago) After talking with the Psychiatrist they completed all the rest of their exams and were given a 8am appointment the next day for their review.

When they arrived at 8am Sorine was told she had to see the Psychiatrist again. And this time he asked her questions for an hour. Again; about the scar, why did she not finish high school, where she works, were we meet, and many question about her sons father (which the father has never seen him and his name is not a the birth certificate) So after the one hour of question he asked her “Are you crazy?” At that point she smiles a little and says NO. And then the Dr. says “Why you smile when I ask you that?” So in the end she was told to come back Friday and see him again. AND each time she goes and sees this Dr. she has to pay 1000 Paso….

HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THIS ISSUE BEFORE????

Another quick point. Her son was approved for his immunizations and has received all of them. His medical is done.

Any thoughts!!! I am confused…..

Thank you for your time

Jim

Our interview at the US Embassy is November 9th

That sounds like money-making to me! Jeez! I'm sorry you are having such trouble getting her medical approved. Not quite sure how having suicidal tendencies (I UNDERSTAND SHE DOESNT) would warrant her not being approved but hey, I'm sure they have their reasons..? If it were me though, I'd tell the doc that this is getting ridiculous and that she's smiling to be polite because she thinks the questions are ludicrous. Anyone can accidentally have a cut on their arm, it's an unfortunate coincidence but come ON...Really. :bonk: That would annoy me too. Sorry, no help just wanted to empathise :unsure:

Hello everyone

I want to say I have used this site to help me a long on the VISA process for my Fiancé and it has helped me a lot. However I am now to a point I NEED HELP.

My Fiancé Sorine and her 8Y old son had their medical in Manila starting Monday October 18. During the exam the doctor saw a scar on Sorine’s forearm and they made her go see a Psychiatrist to explain the scar (she cut it on some coral swimming years ago) After talking with the Psychiatrist they completed all the rest of their exams and were given a 8am appointment the next day for their review.

When they arrived at 8am Sorine was told she had to see the Psychiatrist again. And this time he asked her questions for an hour. Again; about the scar, why did she not finish high school, where she works, were we meet, and many question about her sons father (which the father has never seen him and his name is not a the birth certificate) So after the one hour of question he asked her “Are you crazy?” At that point she smiles a little and says NO. And then the Dr. says “Why you smile when I ask you that?” So in the end she was told to come back Friday and see him again. AND each time she goes and sees this Dr. she has to pay 1000 Paso….

Another quick point. Her son was approved for his immunizations and has received all of them. His medical is done.

Thank you for your time

Jim

07-27-2010 Married while on B2 visa

10-04-2010 AOS (EAD, AP) mailed to Chicago Lockbox

10-06-2010 Chicago received

10-14-2010 NOA1 text and email messages, online check

10-14-2010 TOUCH

10-17-2010 Received NOA1s in the mail, plus returned check for affidavit of support??

10-18-2010 TOUCH .. Biometrics NOA mailed

10-22-2010 Called to correct name, service request filed

10-25-2010 TOUCH - I-485 only

10-26-2010 TOUCH - I-485 only?? Am sensing a RFE coming my way :-(

10-27-2010 Biometrics successfully walked in :-)

10-29-2010 TOUCH on i-765, I-130 and I-131

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

she might as well invest in good plastic surgery so you guys wont have to go through the same for AOS

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone

Thank you for your time

Jim

Its for your own good, the Psychiatrist in St.Lukes are one of the best in the Philippines. Its not for the money alone, if in some point your fiancee turn out to be crazy their reputation is at stake and the hospital as well for passing her in the psychological exam. They were trying to squeeze out the tendencies your fiancee may have. You can never the person unless your living in one roof already, in some point the mental illness may manifest in time so dont think of the exam negatively. goodluck to both of you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.