Andz

Wedding celebration pictures for AOS interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone,

well i have a question to you guys:

we did not have a big wedding ceremony here, we just had a small civil ceremony (with two friends of my husband).. but we did have a big wedding celebration (not official wedding of course, just celebration) in turkey, and my husband's parents also came to turkey for this celebration. well this was 1,5 months before my k1 interview, and i did not mention anything about this celebration in my interview because i was afraid maybe the officer might misunderstand this celebration and think like we had an official wedding .. so should i take my wedding celebration pictures to my aos interview, does it cause any misunderstanding for the IO? if you don't suggest that, i have only one picture from my civil ceremony here, and we also had a reception last month in my father in law's house, and i have a lot of pictures from that one too.. so what should i do? any suggestions?

AOS

Aug 9,2010 : married!

Aug 20,2010 : mailed AOS package

Aug 23,2010 : AOS package received by USCIS

Aug 31,2010 : received text confirmation

Sept 1,2010 : check cashed

Sept 4,2010 : received hard copy of NOA1 for AOS,EAD,AP

Sept 7,2010 : received biometrics letter. Scheduled for Sept 27,2010

Sept 9,2010 : 1st try-Walk-in Biometrics, not successful

Sept 14,2010 :2nd try-Walk-in Biometrics, successful!!!

Sept 15,2010 : Touched!

Sept 16,2010 : Touched!

Oct 9,2010 : received interview appointment letter in the mail, scheduled for Nov.9 ( mailed on Oct 5)

Oct 22,2010 : got EAD approval e-mail! (dated Oct. 21)

Ocr 22,2010 : AP got approved too!

Oct 29, 2010 : received AP in the mail.

Nov 1,2010 : received EAD card.

Nov 9,2010 : AOS interview, approved!

Nov 10,2010 : GC production order!

Nov 18,2010 : received the welcome letter.

Nov 20,2010 : received the GC!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

well i have a question to you guys:

we did not have a big wedding ceremony here, we just had a small civil ceremony (with two friends of my husband).. but we did have a big wedding celebration (not official wedding of course, just celebration) in turkey, and my husband's parents also came to turkey for this celebration. well this was 1,5 months before my k1 interview, and i did not mention anything about this celebration in my interview because i was afraid maybe the officer might misunderstand this celebration and think like we had an official wedding .. so should i take my wedding celebration pictures to my aos interview, does it cause any misunderstanding for the IO? if you don't suggest that, i have only one picture from my civil ceremony here, and we also had a reception last month in my father in law's house, and i have a lot of pictures from that one too.. so what should i do? any suggestions?

Because your celebration was in Turkey before you came to US and got married they are irrelevant. Your civil ceremony here is whats important the real wedding ceremony and if you had a party at your father in laws to celebrate your wedding then yeah take some pics not a lot. Just your civil wedding pic and party at father in laws . Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: Timeline

Because your celebration was in Turkey before you came to US and got married they are irrelevant. Your civil ceremony here is whats important the real wedding ceremony and if you had a party at your father in laws to celebrate your wedding then yeah take some pics not a lot. Just your civil wedding pic and party at father in laws . Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration.

We didn't have a big civil wedding either....only my parents and my siblings were there..very simple

And does were the pictures I turned in, but ofcourse I just submitted our AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We didn't have a big civil wedding either....only my parents and my siblings were there..very simple

And does were the pictures I turned in, but ofcourse I just submitted our AOS

Well then I wish you only the very best

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

thank you so much for your replies..

hmmm yes i think i am not gonna take the wedding celebration pictures to my interview, there is no need to cause any misunderstanding for the IO at this point...

AOS

Aug 9,2010 : married!

Aug 20,2010 : mailed AOS package

Aug 23,2010 : AOS package received by USCIS

Aug 31,2010 : received text confirmation

Sept 1,2010 : check cashed

Sept 4,2010 : received hard copy of NOA1 for AOS,EAD,AP

Sept 7,2010 : received biometrics letter. Scheduled for Sept 27,2010

Sept 9,2010 : 1st try-Walk-in Biometrics, not successful

Sept 14,2010 :2nd try-Walk-in Biometrics, successful!!!

Sept 15,2010 : Touched!

Sept 16,2010 : Touched!

Oct 9,2010 : received interview appointment letter in the mail, scheduled for Nov.9 ( mailed on Oct 5)

Oct 22,2010 : got EAD approval e-mail! (dated Oct. 21)

Ocr 22,2010 : AP got approved too!

Oct 29, 2010 : received AP in the mail.

Nov 1,2010 : received EAD card.

Nov 9,2010 : AOS interview, approved!

Nov 10,2010 : GC production order!

Nov 18,2010 : received the welcome letter.

Nov 20,2010 : received the GC!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

At our AOS interview, the IO wasn't the least bit interested in our wedding pictures. We had a small wedding here in the US with family and friends, and have tons of pictures, but they were not important to the person interviewing us. He was focused on evidence we brought regarding commingled finances, like evidence of our joint bank account, insurance, etc. I would put your focus on gathering solid primary evidence and not worry so much about pictures.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.