GueraKristina

Driving a car to mexico that will STAY in mexico

7 posts in this topic

Hi, i am wondering what the requirements are for driving, registering and leaving a U.S bought car periminantly in mexico? My husband and i are driving to mexico, but transporting a friends vehicle for his family, the vehicle will stay there when the trip is done. My husband has gotten information and 'phone numbers' from previously used 'offices' by other mexicans that have also transported vehicles, but he is weary about using them b/c he thinks that they are 'legal but illegal' like the documentation is legal, but the people administering it is not el aduana or costums or directly related to the government. (he called one of the numbers, late at night, around 8pm there and a women picked up with a baby crying in the background, she assured that this was the right number and that they would do the vehicle papers, but that we would have to wait till we were at the 'office', and wait 7-8 hrs for them to be processed and ready. Long story short, MY QUESTION IS does anybody know the process, steps or numbers to contact and documentation needed for crossing an american vehicle into mexico where it will remain and NOT come back to te U.S?

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Take a look at this article. It seems that the import rules are pretty specific.

Just a thought: Shouldn't the owner of the car be taking care of all the paper work?

http://www.carsdirect.com/car-buying/import-car-mexico-6-steps-needed-to-import-a-car-from-the-us-to-mexico

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Yes, you are right the owner is going to take care of the paperwork, as much as he can, but as far as processing it, my husband called and also talked to other mexicans that have also done the same thing and it takes 6-7 hrs to process the paperwork and we have to wait during the processing before the paperwork can be complete, i just thought it would be a little more systemized and faster. So pretty much the owner is going to do what he can, but there is paperwork that CANNOT be done before the boarder, b/c i has to be send to you and then send back to the boarder, and then back to you (the stickers and such) and with the mexican mail system there is a high percentage of loss. I will check out your link. thank u.

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

APPROVED!!!!

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, you are right the owner is going to take care of the paperwork, as much as he can, but as far as processing it, my husband called and also talked to other mexicans that have also done the same thing and it takes 6-7 hrs to process the paperwork and we have to wait during the processing before the paperwork can be complete, i just thought it would be a little more systemized and faster. So pretty much the owner is going to do what he can, but there is paperwork that CANNOT be done before the boarder, b/c i has to be send to you and then send back to the boarder, and then back to you (the stickers and such) and with the mexican mail system there is a high percentage of loss. I will check out your link. thank u.

Hola Guera!

I am Kim, another Guera! I lived a while on Cozumel & there is a forum here

www.cozumelmycozumel.com

they have a great forum with LOTS of people who have driven cars all the way to Yucatan (Cancun area & Cozumel...not sure where you are driving to) But you can ask here & I am sure someone can help you with information & routes etc...

hope this helps!

Kim

p.s. how was Cd. Juarez? we are going with Fiancee & 2 kids hopefully next March

Hola Guera!

I am Kim, another Guera! I lived a while on Cozumel & there is a forum here

www.cozumelmycozumel.com

they have a great forum with LOTS of people who have driven cars all the way to Yucatan (Cancun area & Cozumel...not sure where you are driving to) But you can ask here & I am sure someone can help you with information & routes etc...

hope this helps!

Kim

p.s. how was Cd. Juarez? we are going with Fiancee & 2 kids hopefully next March

Hello Kim, yep Gueras are pretty popular haha. Thanks for the forum, i will check it out. We are driving like 45 minutes outside of mexico city. How was living in Cozumel? were your kids born in mexico or here? The hubby and i are thinking about maybe moving there for a year or two. Cd. Juarez was an experience, whoo but one that alfredo would rather never have to go thru again. He took a bus for 10+ hrs from mexico city all the way to cd. juarez, and was lucky enough to stay with his aunt and family there, so he didnt have to pay for taxes or hotels or food or wonder on the streets walking from place to place. But he did hear gun shots, and when his family and he were at a restaurant eating tacos, there was a shootout across the street, som1 was shooting at people in a car, one of the people in the car got out and tried to run away, and the shooter ran up to him and shot him. everybody at this time was already on the ground, ducking, parents laying on top of their children protecting them, and no one helps the man that is now bleeding to death on the pavement. Needless to say alfredo was very jumpy and kind of depressed with the way that his country was heading, but 12 hrs after waiting the day of his visa processing, he did pass his medical and he got the visa. When he went to cross over, he didnt have to wait that long to hand over his manilla packet, but the chicanos that worked at the bridge of passage, they were a little mean, alfredo ignorned them, but they said things under their breath like how he was pathetic, going to the U.S for an american, and just being jelous. But other than that, it was fine.... haha. i probably just scared you pretty bad, but just be super safe. talk to you soon. -Kristina

APPROVED!!!!

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Cozumel was awesome, safe wonderful place to live! Highly recommend it!

The kids crossing are not mine, and I am not the one getting married...the Mexican fiancee is one of my best girlfriends from Cozumel...she has two boys 9 & 13 & her fiancee is an American friend of mine! I am good with paper work so alas, I am on VJ daily!

The boys are like nephews for me, I have known them since they were born and I am super happy for the future bride & groom cuz they are perfect for each other!

Thanks for the info on CDJ...that is the most nerve-wrecking thing about the whole process...plus since we have kids waiting for 4 day TB test we will be hiding out in a CDJ hotel for up to 10 days!

BTW how long did it take for your visa to come after the aproval at CDJ? Next day? or did you wait for several days?

thanks for any responses since this is a confusing process!

Kim (la otra guera :D )

Cozumel was awesome, safe wonderful place to live! Highly recommend it!

The kids crossing are not mine, and I am not the one getting married...the Mexican fiancee is one of my best girlfriends from Cozumel...she has two boys 9 & 13 & her fiancee is an American friend of mine! I am good with paper work so alas, I am on VJ daily!

The boys are like nephews for me, I have known them since they were born and I am super happy for the future bride & groom cuz they are perfect for each other!

Thanks for the info on CDJ...that is the most nerve-wrecking thing about the whole process...plus since we have kids waiting for 4 day TB test we will be hiding out in a CDJ hotel for up to 10 days!

BTW how long did it take for your visa to come after the aproval at CDJ? Next day? or did you wait for several days?

thanks for any responses since this is a confusing process!

Kim (la otra guera :D )

I posted the same question on the cozumel site, and i hvnt gotten any responce yet, so we will see. My husband had his medical, and the next day when he went to see if he was approved, he got the card, that day, but 12 hours later!!! so you can either get it that day, or maybe the next. It depends on your situation... and luck. Keep in touch! let me know if you have any questions, and i will be sure to do the same :-P -Kristina

APPROVED!!!!

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.