5 posts in this topic

Okay we sent in our adjustment of status paperwork in march (to remove the restrictions) We got biometrics in july-- we got an RFE last month, and now we have an interview. Here is my question:

I sent in:

(FIRST TIME)

Photos of us together

3 affidavit's

our joint bank account statement

copies of envelopes we received together while married

SECOND TIME ON RFE

3 more affidavits

most recent joint bank statement

statement from my mother stating we live with her and all of the bills/rental agreements are in her name

Copy of my i.d. showing address, copy of his id showing address, and copy of mom's id showing address

Okay-- We don't have property together

we don't have health insurance

we don't have kids

we don't have bills in our names

we don't have any car lease together (I own my car)

we don't have pay stubs from work (we are both in college together)

The only thing I might be able to provide is an itinerary for a trip we are taking in December to Denmark-- BUT I am registered under my maiden name because I am waiting until my passport expires to change my name.

SO, any suggestions lol? What should I bring?

Edited by okspider

Visa Journey

04/20/2007 | I-129F Filed

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

04/25/2008 | AOS Filed/EAD Filed

09/11/2008 | Green Card Received *Sighs Relief*

03/15/2009| Happy 1 year wedding anniversary!

03/15/2010| Happy 2 years!

Removing Restrictions:

07/14/2010 | Biometrics for I-751

09/10/2010 | RFE

10/28/2010 | Interview in Cleveland *APPROVED*

Got Green Card. Done!

Married 6 years, March 15, 2014

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Okay we sent in our adjustment of status paperwork in march (to remove the restrictions) We got biometrics in july-- we got an RFE last month, and now we have an interview. Here is my question:

I sent in:

(FIRST TIME)

Photos of us together

3 affidavit's

our joint bank account statement

copies of envelopes we received together while married

SECOND TIME ON RFE

3 more affidavits

most recent joint bank statement

statement from my mother stating we live with her and all of the bills/rental agreements are in her name

Copy of my i.d. showing address, copy of his id showing address, and copy of mom's id showing address

Okay-- We don't have property together

we don't have health insurance

we don't have kids

we don't have bills in our names

we don't have any car lease together (I own my car)

we don't have pay stubs from work (we are both in college together)

The only thing I might be able to provide is an itinerary for a trip we are taking in December to Denmark-- BUT I am registered under my maiden name because I am waiting until my passport expires to change my name.

SO, any suggestions lol? What should I bring?

what about tax returns

Filed: Other Timeline

Did you submit all of the usual stuff, such as the copy of your Green Card, a rent or lease, joint tax returns?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

I am sorry I can't think of anything off hand - I too have been called for interview so I understand how you are feeling right now.

I felt pretty confident with what I sent though there are a few gaps - i dont drive so I have an ID card rather than a driving license. The vehicles out here in Bush Alaska don't get registered because they are not on the road system but we did purchase a boat and we had that registered to both of us. Have you purchased anything in joint names?

I am not keen on credit cards - and didn't submit any credit card info however we have since had many discussions about credit cards and I relented. Just this week we received joint credit cards so I will taking them to interview.

We have accommodation provided as part of his job - so I am not on the lease - all rent and utilities are removed from his pay before he receives it so I sent copy of lease - I will be taking pay stubbs to prove it ( sadly it did not occur to me to include that in the package - i thought the cover letter would be self explantory). If you have submiited a letter from your Mother I don't know how else you could prove it unless she would be willing to povide you with the bills etc in her name?

I will be raking through all the cupboard over the next few days looking for ANYTHING that suggest joint ANYTHING... cards from his relatives etc - I also had a small part time seasonal job that I got paid for in one sum at the end of the job so I am going to get the banks statement which shows my deposit.

If it is any consolation I submitted paperwork wich shows my name as a beneficiary on his health insurance, savings account and work related benefits and still got called for interview.

I don't know if any of thse helps but I wish you well and good luck!

I am sorry I can't think of anything off hand - I too have been called for interview so I understand how you are feeling right now.

I felt pretty confident with what I sent though there are a few gaps - i dont drive so I have an ID card rather than a driving license. The vehicles out here in Bush Alaska don't get registered because they are not on the road system but we did purchase a boat and we had that registered to both of us. Have you purchased anything in joint names?

I am not keen on credit cards - and didn't submit any credit card info however we have since had many discussions about credit cards and I relented. Just this week we received joint credit cards so I will taking them to interview.

We have accommodation provided as part of his job - so I am not on the lease - all rent and utilities are removed from his pay before he receives it so I sent copy of lease - I will be taking pay stubbs to prove it ( sadly it did not occur to me to include that in the package - i thought the cover letter would be self explantory). If you have submiited a letter from your Mother I don't know how else you could prove it unless she would be willing to povide you with the bills etc in her name?

I will be raking through all the cupboard over the next few days looking for ANYTHING that suggest joint ANYTHING... cards from his relatives etc - I also had a small part time seasonal job that I got paid for in one sum at the end of the job so I am going to get the banks statement which shows my deposit.

If it is any consolation I submitted paperwork wich shows my name as a beneficiary on his health insurance, savings account and work related benefits and still got called for interview.

I don't know if any of thse helps but I wish you well and good luck!

Thanks, yeah that's what I am going to have to do. It's so frustrating having to prove we are in a real relationship lol. I guess I will just bring every possible thing I can think of. It's probably just a routine interview and I am getting frazzled for nothing!

Visa Journey

04/20/2007 | I-129F Filed

03/15/2008 |Married!

AOS JOURNEY

04/25/2008 | AOS Filed/EAD Filed

09/11/2008 | Green Card Received *Sighs Relief*

03/15/2009| Happy 1 year wedding anniversary!

03/15/2010| Happy 2 years!

Removing Restrictions:

07/14/2010 | Biometrics for I-751

09/10/2010 | RFE

10/28/2010 | Interview in Cleveland *APPROVED*

Got Green Card. Done!

Married 6 years, March 15, 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.