Onituan

WEDDING IN NICARAGUA..I NEED SOME INFO

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

HI EVERYONE!

MY FIANCE AND ME ARE PLANNING TO MARRY IN NICARAGUA.

SHE'S FROM NICARAGUA AND ME EITHER BUT I'M A US CITIZEN

SINCE SOME MANY YEARS. LIVING IN MIAMI.

OK.. QUESTIONS:

1-I'M NOT SURE...YOU TELL ME PLEASE..

DOES THE US GOVERNMENT RECOGNIZE

THE CERTIFICATE OF MARRIED WHEN YOU DO IT OUT OF THE STATES?

IF THAT IS THE CASE WHAT ARE THE STEPS IN ORDER SO THEY CAN ACCEPT IT AS WELL??

2- DO YOU GUYS KNOW ANY PLACE WHERE WE CAN GET MARRY?

LIKE BANQUET HALL OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT?

3- WE WANT TO APPLY FOR K-3 VISA..IS IT TRUE THAT SHE HAS TO GET A

CERTIFICATE DEMONSTRATING THAT SHE'S A SINGLE PERSON?

WHERE CAN SHE GET THAT?

4- AND LAST PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME..WHY DO THEY SAID THIS?? I FOUND THIS ARTICLE IN THE USCIS WEB SITE

When both petitions have been approved by USCIS and sent to the NVC or when USCIS approves the I-130 before the I-129F,

the availability of, as well as the need for,

a nonimmigrant K-3 visa ends. If the NVC receives both an approved I-130 petition

and an approved I-129F petition:

* The nonimmigrant K-3 visa case will be administratively closed.

* The application process explained below will not be available to the foreign-citizen spouse and cannot be used.

* The NVC will contact the U.S. citizen sponsor and foreign-citizen spouse,

with instructions for processing the IR-1 (or CR-1) immigrant visa.

For more information on the immigrant visa process, review the Immigrant Visa for a Spouse webpage.

If the NVC receives the approved I-129F petition before it receives

the I-130 petition, the NVC will process the I-129F petition

PLEASE ANSWER..DONT'T GET IT..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

K-3 visa is nor more--you will file for CR-1/IR-1 depending on how soon you file after you are married. She will have to stay outside the US until the visa work is complete--assume about a year although it can be sooner.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Please see inline responses:

1-I'M NOT SURE...YOU TELL ME PLEASE..

DOES THE US GOVERNMENT RECOGNIZE

THE CERTIFICATE OF MARRIED WHEN YOU DO IT OUT OF THE STATES?

IF THAT IS THE CASE WHAT ARE THE STEPS IN ORDER SO THEY CAN ACCEPT IT AS WELL??

Yes of course, you submit your certificate of marriage along with an English translation

2- DO YOU GUYS KNOW ANY PLACE WHERE WE CAN GET MARRY?

LIKE BANQUET HALL OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT?

You're talking about getting married in Nicaragua, well I would suggest you define what you would like to do. Do you want a party at a hotel in Managua, or do you want to go to the mountains in Selva Negra.

If you stick to Managua you could do it at the Hilton Princess, Hotel Intercontinental Metrocentro, Camino Real. There are others, but just to mention a few.

3- WE WANT TO APPLY FOR K-3 VISA..IS IT TRUE THAT SHE HAS TO GET A

CERTIFICATE DEMONSTRATING THAT SHE'S A SINGLE PERSON?

WHERE CAN SHE GET THAT?

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. It sounds like you're talking about the "Certificado de Solteria", which is a certificate that states she has never been married before, and that is not submitted to the NVC if you're applying for CR1/IR1. However, when you get married in Nicaragua, the judge or lawyer will ask for it. Also, the K-3 route is dead now. So you would be applying for CR1/IR1.

4- AND LAST PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME..WHY DO THEY SAID THIS?? I FOUND THIS ARTICLE IN THE USCIS WEB SITE

Same thing as above, since K3 is dead, you don't need to submit the 129F, just stick to the I-130.

I can help you with your first issue...marriage out of the US. You are going to need to make sure you, as a US Citizen, have the appropriate documentation in order for the marriage to happen in her country. Usually, they need a copy of your birth certificate, translated into Spanish, and you need to make sure that both the original document and the translation have apostillas. This can be requested from the Department of State. You will probably need to provide a certificate showing that you are single and are able to marry. I am also living in Miami and you can get this from the Marriage License Office downtown. It's a background check they run in the systemto see if there are any records on file with you being married. You will also need to get this translated into Spanish with an apostilla. If you have been married before and were divorced, you need to provide that certificate...translated and with apostillas like your birth certificates. All documents need to be originals and that can get costly. Translations and apostillas can also be an additional cost. You will also need to provide a copy of your passport. There's a place in Coral Gables called Docu-rapid that can take care of all of this really, really fast.I used them and the service was excellent.

The best thing that I can advise is to check with the Nicaraguan Embassy here in Miami. They will let you know exactly what you need and where to go. I just went through this process in August before I married my husband in the Dominican Republic.

Goodluck!

Married in Dominican Republic: 4-Sept-2010

I-130 Packet arrives at Chicago Lockbox: 29-Sept-2010

NOA1: 06-Oct-2010

NOA2: 19-Jan-2011

NVC Received file from CSC: 27-Jan-2011

Received DS-3032 and AOS bill: 27-Jan-2011

Paid AOS bill: 28-Jan-2011

Submitted DS-3032 via email (per NVC's authorization): 30-Jan-2011

Called NVC about AOS packet: 3-Feb-2011 (okay to send documents)

Mailed out AOS packet: 5-Feb-2011

AOS packet delivered to NVC: 7-Feb-2011

DS-3032 received by NVC: 8-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowleges AOS payment: 8-Feb-2011 (finally)

Received IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

Paid IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowledges AOS paperwork was received and requests IV application: 25-Feb-2011

Mailed out DS-230 and supporting civil documents: 26-Feb-2011

DS-230 packet delivered to NVC: 28-Feb-2011

Case completed at NVC: 28-Mar-2011

Waited about 2 weeks for an interview date

Received packet 4 and interview appointment letter: 11-Apr-2011

Interview scheduled at Santo Domingo: 4-May-2011

Spouse had Medical Exam: 15-Apr-2011

Visa Approved!!!! 4-May-2011

Husband received visa from DOMEX: 17-May-2011

Husband's POE date June 24, 2011

I forgot to add about when you get back to the states. She will need to send you an original arriage certificate. Make sure that is is legalized...this usually means it certificate has a stamp on the back side of the document. You will need to take this document to be translated...have both sides done. With this, the US will recognize it without any problem.

When you subit copies of your marriage certificate with your petition, make sure you include a copy of the original foreign document AND the English translation.

Married in Dominican Republic: 4-Sept-2010

I-130 Packet arrives at Chicago Lockbox: 29-Sept-2010

NOA1: 06-Oct-2010

NOA2: 19-Jan-2011

NVC Received file from CSC: 27-Jan-2011

Received DS-3032 and AOS bill: 27-Jan-2011

Paid AOS bill: 28-Jan-2011

Submitted DS-3032 via email (per NVC's authorization): 30-Jan-2011

Called NVC about AOS packet: 3-Feb-2011 (okay to send documents)

Mailed out AOS packet: 5-Feb-2011

AOS packet delivered to NVC: 7-Feb-2011

DS-3032 received by NVC: 8-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowleges AOS payment: 8-Feb-2011 (finally)

Received IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

Paid IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowledges AOS paperwork was received and requests IV application: 25-Feb-2011

Mailed out DS-230 and supporting civil documents: 26-Feb-2011

DS-230 packet delivered to NVC: 28-Feb-2011

Case completed at NVC: 28-Mar-2011

Waited about 2 weeks for an interview date

Received packet 4 and interview appointment letter: 11-Apr-2011

Interview scheduled at Santo Domingo: 4-May-2011

Spouse had Medical Exam: 15-Apr-2011

Visa Approved!!!! 4-May-2011

Husband received visa from DOMEX: 17-May-2011

Husband's POE date June 24, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.