Darren&Laura

I-751 October 2010 Filers

486 posts in this topic

lucy4 - you have lots of solid evidence so far!

Three things that I think you should add if you can:

1. YES, get a lease. I got my landlord to write one up just for this, even though we are month-to-month (from the start)
  2. Bank accounts together? Print up a selection of statements spanning the time you have had them. I even highlighted things like rent, joint health insurance payment, joint car insurance payment...
  3. Order the tax transcripts from the IRS. It only takes around a week or so to arrive. I've always seen that they prefer that to your tax forms. (I guess it makes sense, anyone could print up a filled-out tax form on TurboTax, or even by hand, and then not submit it to the IRS ....)

With those three things I think you cover all the basics that people recommend. Post your list out on the main board though, maybe I'm forgetting something.

Do you own a car together and/or is it registered in both of your names? That would be great to include.

Other ideas: can you get both of your names on a utility account? Or send one from you, one from him... You have photos? I gather that those are not the strongest evidence but expected. Cards sent to you? Joint memberships in a health club, video rental, automobile association?

Good luck - I think you have a strong start!!

Thanks Serenity, these are some great ideas. Unfortunately we dont have a joint bank acct, and only my name is on the vehicle title. Were both listed on the insurance though. I will add photos, but does it matter if they are printed from a computer rather than actual photos. I guess if I wait for the tax transcripts, I'll have time to print some new photos. I'll include from the wedding forward. I did have a utility bill with both names, but it just so happens we dont have that acct anymore. I'll try to find an old bill. I do have some cards sent for our anniversary etc.

Thanks

10/10/07 - I-129F sent to VSC

04/30/08 - POE Newark

07/06/08 - Wedding..... I'm Married Yall!!!

I130 for Minor Child

7/26/12 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

7/30/12 - Priority date

3/15/13 - NOA2!!!!!!!

3/25/13 - NVC received my case

4/08/13 - Emailed ds3032 template

4/09/13 - NVC case number and IIN number generated

4/11/13 - aos fee bill invoiced/paid/and pkg sent

4/12/13 - aos fee paid again after being rejected/ds3032 resent and accepted

4/15/13 - aos pkg delivered/iv bill invoiced and paid

4/16/13 - iv pkg sent express mail/ aos status changed to paid

4/17/13 - iv pkg delivered/ iv status changed to paid.

4/29/13 - Case Complete!

5/10/13 - Interview notice emailed.

6/05/13 - INTERVIEW

Hi. I did not know you can get tax transcripts from the IRS. I have my package ready to go with a good amount of evidence but with only copy of our 2008 and 2009 tax returns.

Is this going to be a problem now?

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

Hi. I did not know you can get tax transcripts from the IRS. I have my package ready to go with a good amount of evidence but with only copy of our 2008 and 2009 tax returns.

Anyone?

Anyone?

I would suggest it depends on the quality of your other evidence. An IRS transcript of joint tax returns is pretty good evidence compared to other commonly submitted documents in other areas of your relationship, but if you are sending plenty of other strong evidence, (joint mortgage documents, joint car ownership & insurance, etc. etc.), I can't see it being a problem.

For the record, I just sent a printout of the copy of our 2009 accounts that was emailed to us after we filed online with Turbotax. I'll await to see whether I get approved without interview or not with this alongside all the other evidence submitted.

Good luck!

Edited by Darren&Laura

I-129F K-1 Timeline

08/11/07 I-129F package sent to NSC

03/11/08 Interview - APPROVED

03/14/08 K1 Visa Received

03/17/08 Entered USA on Visa

06/04/08 Wedding

I-485 AOS Timeline

07/02/08 I-485 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox with I-765 Employment Application. (Received 5th)

07/11/08 Check cashed

07/10/08 I-797C NOA's sent for both I-485 and I-765 (Received on 15th)

07/17/08 I-797C Biometrics appointment letter sent (Received on 21st)

08/02/08 Biometrics appointment in Denver, Colorado.

09/05/08 EAD Approved

09/09/08 EAD Card Production Ordered

09/10/08 EAD Card issued (Received 15th)

10/24/08 Interview Letter Received

12/08/08 INTERVIEW - APPROVED

12/08/08 2 Year Permanent Resident Card sent, (Received 14th)

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline

10/04/10 I-751 Package sent to California Service Center (Delivered 6th Oct. @ 9:25am)

10/06/10 I-751 NOA1 issued, (received 14th Oct.)

11/29/10 Biometrics Appointment (Received letter 8th Nov, dated 1st Nov.)

02/03/11 APPROVED - 10 Year Green-Card production ordered.

02/14/11 10 Year Green card received in mail.

N-400 Application for Naturalization

12-22-17 N-400 package sent in Phoenix Lock Box
12-27-17 Package received at Phoenix Lock Box and I-797 NOA sent to me.
01-17-18 Biometrics Appointment in Denver, CO (I missed this as no appointment letter was received.)
03-22-18 I found out about missed appointment and contacted USCIS to reschedule.
05-20-18 Biometrics appointment. (Biometrics reviewed by USCIS on 05-21-18)
08-30-18 USCIS Naturalization Interview (Notice sent 07-25-18)

Is this list strong enough?

• Copy of the green card.
  • Copy of NY state driver's license.
  • Two notarized statements by U.S. citizen friends, attesting to our ongoing relationship.
  • Copy of our tax returns for 2008 and 2009. (not the IRS transcript)
  • Copies of expenses related to our jointly owned house: mortgage statement, electric bill, home insurance and property taxes.
  • Copies of our joint bank account statement.
  • Copy of our most recent joint car insurance policy.
  • Copy of the title of our car showing joint ownership.
  • Copy of our American Express statement and 2009 annual summary showing joint transactions.
  • Copy of health insurance coverage showing all family members on the policy.
  • Copy of a life insurance policy indicating beneficiary.
  • Copy of our airline reservations for a trip that the family took to visit mom. Also included is a copy of a reservation for a vacation to be taken early next year.
  • Other evidence including copies of some family photos as well as my stepson's very recent obituary which indicates family names. :(

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

None of us in the October filers thread really know since we are just submitting now and we don't know yet if any of us get the dreaded RFE... The transcripts were required for the I-864 but I don't know if anyone knows with authority that they are *required* for this stage. It's great if you have a couple of weeks to wait for them... If not, it's just one part of your whole package so it's reasonable to think it is not going to make or break your case.

FYI, I filed an extension for our 2009 taxes, so all I have for that is an internet printout of the extension form. [yes, I know it is due in 9 days, don't rush me!:)]

Your list looks great. You included bank statements over time, right?

Wow - I'm so sorry to hear about your stepson...

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Is this list strong enough?

• Copy of the green card.
  • Copy of NY state driver's license.
  • Two notarized statements by U.S. citizen friends, attesting to our ongoing relationship.
  • Copy of our tax returns for 2008 and 2009. (not the IRS transcript)
  • Copies of expenses related to our jointly owned house: mortgage statement, electric bill, home insurance and property taxes.
  • Copies of our joint bank account statement.
  • Copy of our most recent joint car insurance policy.
  • Copy of the title of our car showing joint ownership.
  • Copy of our American Express statement and 2009 annual summary showing joint transactions.
  • Copy of health insurance coverage showing all family members on the policy.
  • Copy of a life insurance policy indicating beneficiary.
  • Copy of our airline reservations for a trip that the family took to visit mom. Also included is a copy of a reservation for a vacation to be taken early next year.
  • Other evidence including copies of some family photos as well as my stepson's very recent obituary which indicates family names. :(

Looks like a very good list to me, although as SerenityNOW says, we are in the same position at the moment, so don't have a great deal of experience. It might be worth tracking the threads for earlier months on this forum to see what other people sent and then clicking their timelines to see how their cases progressed based on the evidence listed.

Also, I'm very sorry to hear your sad news and wish you and your family every strength as you come to terms with your loss.

I-129F K-1 Timeline

06/04/08 Wedding

I-485 AOS Timeline

07/02/08 I-485 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox with I-765 Employment Application. (Received 5th)

07/11/08 Check cashed

09/05/08 EAD Approved

10/04/10 I-751 Package sent to California Service Center (Delivered 6th Oct. @ 9:25am)

01-17-18 Biometrics Appointment in Denver, CO (I missed this as no appointment letter was received.)
03-22-18 I found out about missed appointment and contacted USCIS to reschedule.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

I have our package ready to mail on the 18th and I also did not know we needed tax transcripts.

I just made copies of the tax forms and will send those.

I am planning to call IRS and get the transcripts in case of RFE.

Hi,

I have our package ready to mail on the 18th and I also did not know we needed tax transcripts.

I just made copies of the tax forms and will send those.

I am planning to call IRS and get the transcripts in case of RFE.

Hmmm, that might be a good point to consider.

None of us in the October filers thread really know since we are just submitting now and we don't know yet if any of us get the dreaded RFE... The transcripts were required for the I-864 but I don't know if anyone knows with authority that they are *required* for this stage. It's great if you have a couple of weeks to wait for them... If not, it's just one part of your whole package so it's reasonable to think it is not going to make or break your case.

FYI, I filed an extension for our 2009 taxes, so all I have for that is an internet printout of the extension form. [yes, I know it is due in 9 days, don't rush me!:)]

Your list looks great. You included bank statements over time, right?

Wow - I'm so sorry to hear about your stepson...

Looks like a very good list to me, although as SerenityNOW says, we are in the same position at the moment, so don't have a great deal of experience. It might be worth tracking the threads for earlier months on this forum to see what other people sent and then clicking their timelines to see how their cases progressed based on the evidence listed.

Also, I'm very sorry to hear your sad news and wish you and your family every strength as you come to terms with your loss.

Thank you. It was unexpected and a very big shock.

I hope what we have provided will be fine and yes I included an early bank statement and a later one.

Timeline

Hey Darren & Laura - did your package arrive yet? Mine is still in transit... It's silly, but I will feel better when I know it is there...

RE: tax transcripts. I don't remember where I read about them, but it was somewhere in the removing conditions forum. I found these two threads when I searched:

http://www.visajourn...ies-with-i-751/

http://www.visajourn...ript-necessary/

Regardless, for anyone who hasn't filed yet who wants to include them - I forgot that you can have them faxed to you! It takes about 10 minutes. We don't have a fax machine so I didn't do that.

Ciao for now... just waiting...

The prelude - 2007
CR-1 - 2008
ROC - 2010-2011
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Darren & Laura - did your package arrive yet? Mine is still in transit... It's silly, but I will feel better when I know it is there...

RE: tax transcripts. I don't remember where I read about them, but it was somewhere in the removing conditions forum. I found these two threads when I searched:

Regardless, for anyone who hasn't filed yet who wants to include them - I forgot that you can have them faxed to you! It takes about 10 minutes. We don't have a fax machine so I didn't do that.

Thanks I will call and try this

Hi,

Yes, my package has been delivered. The USPS website says this:

Your item was delivered at 9:25 am on October 06, 2010 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

I-129F K-1 Timeline

06/04/08 Wedding

I-485 AOS Timeline

07/11/08 Check cashed

09/05/08 EAD Approved

Timeline

Hi,

Yes, my package has been delivered. The USPS website says this:

Your item was delivered at 9:25 am on October 06, 2010 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

yay! me too

Arrival at Unit, October 07, 2010, 9:19 am, LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607

Next stop, NOA1

The prelude - 2007
CR-1 - 2008
ROC - 2010-2011
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.

IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC

yay! me too

Arrival at Unit, October 07, 2010, 9:19 am, LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607

Next stop, NOA1

Great, glad you've got confirmation to put your mind at rest!

Best of luck with a speedy approval to you and all.

I-129F K-1 Timeline

06/04/08 Wedding

I-485 AOS Timeline

07/11/08 Check cashed

09/05/08 EAD Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.