Tater&Bugger

Civil Surgeon for Med Docs

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys!

So the wedding went great (will post pics soon) and we are currently working on the AOS stage. Both my fiance and I have been sick for the past couple days so I am now on it. My main issue it having my medical docs certified by a civil surgeon (I-693). When I called the local civil surgeon everything she told me was different than what VJ and USCIS website says. She says they cannot go over tests/records taken by Dr. Seidens (or however you spell it) but I need to bring them in anyways. The Dr in MTL gave me a CD to give to the civil surgeon when I come to this stage but now I am told they do not accept CD roms and I need to print out everything that is on the cd. She was also mentioning some immunizations I have never heard of. IE she told me the seasonal flu vaccine was one of them. I told her this is not a mandatory vaccine and I do not believe in taking it because I have been in clear health for over 8 years. Prior to that when I took the vaccine I always ran into numerous health issues and have never had problems since I stopped taking it. She then said we can get around it. She also said I need the 'pneumonia' vaccine, which I have never heard being mandatory and do not feel I need to get. I have had over 30 vaccines for various things because of my work but these are the only two she mentioned to me that I don't have, and they seem incorrect. She also stated I needed a TB test (had that done last month so am fine) and have the chest xray. Blood test to check for syphilis which I believe was done in MTL but she said I need to get it done again... I don't know but is it just me or is this chick misinformed? I thought if we had the medical done we do not need to have everything done again, just show proof it was done.

Can anyone offer any insight? They also don't have any appointments available for almost 2 months which is way too long so I need to travel a few hours and try elsewhere.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Did you have a medical appointment in Canada for your K1 visa before you came in the US? If so did the doctor give you a document showing all your vaccines (and he should have checked the box that says you have completed all the required vaccines)?

If it is the case then you only need a signature from a civil surgeon here, and the one you are talking to is trying to "sell" you more than needed, and will likely charge you a lot $$$.

Have you tried other civil surgeons in your area? I live near a big city, and I had to call 15 to 20 civil surgeons before I could find one that was ok not doing the full medical.

Hey guys!

So the wedding went great (will post pics soon) and we are currently working on the AOS stage. Both my fiance and I have been sick for the past couple days so I am now on it. My main issue it having my medical docs certified by a civil surgeon (I-693). When I called the local civil surgeon everything she told me was different than what VJ and USCIS website says. She says they cannot go over tests/records taken by Dr. Seidens (or however you spell it) but I need to bring them in anyways. The Dr in MTL gave me a CD to give to the civil surgeon when I come to this stage but now I am told they do not accept CD roms and I need to print out everything that is on the cd. She was also mentioning some immunizations I have never heard of. IE she told me the seasonal flu vaccine was one of them. I told her this is not a mandatory vaccine and I do not believe in taking it because I have been in clear health for over 8 years. Prior to that when I took the vaccine I always ran into numerous health issues and have never had problems since I stopped taking it. She then said we can get around it. She also said I need the 'pneumonia' vaccine, which I have never heard being mandatory and do not feel I need to get. I have had over 30 vaccines for various things because of my work but these are the only two she mentioned to me that I don't have, and they seem incorrect. She also stated I needed a TB test (had that done last month so am fine) and have the chest xray. Blood test to check for syphilis which I believe was done in MTL but she said I need to get it done again... I don't know but is it just me or is this chick misinformed? I thought if we had the medical done we do not need to have everything done again, just show proof it was done.

Can anyone offer any insight? They also don't have any appointments available for almost 2 months which is way too long so I need to travel a few hours and try elsewhere.

Go find anothet DCS that has their act together.

http://www.theworldoffilipinas.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19379

This link may help.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Ya it seemed really odd... I called around and am going to go just over an hour out of town to meet with a different civil surgeon. There was only one in this area. After speaking with the one in Syracuse I told her what the one in Watertown said and she confirmed what I thought. I DO have everything I need and more she said and will be fine... and on top of that my appointment is in less than two weeks which is much better.

I think I may call back and tell them that they are wrong or perhaps make a complaint through the civil surgeon locator on USCIS advising they are misinforming potential clients. It's too bad because I really wasn't in the mood for another road trip haha.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I did not go to a CS when applying for AOS. All the ones in my area required me to do the whole medical over and they wouldn't just transcribe my vacinations onto the I-693. And the instructions for the I-693 state that if you have had an oversea's medical and if the DS3025 was completed correctly and inculded with your medical that was submitted to USCIS, you are not required to have the info transcribed or another medical. I included a letter as well as the section of the instructions that states this with my AOS package. I did not recieve a vaccination worksheet when I had my medical (I think because I provided titre results and I had a copy of those) but I did confirm with Dr Seiden that the DS3025 was submitted as part of my medical.

I am 4 months into my AOS being processed and I have not had any RFE's yet (fingers crossed). I know that several people from Canada have done the same thing. If you want I can send you the letter that I inculded with my package.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was never told to get any of thos things when I went to the CS in nebraska in october!.

I took in my vaccination copy sheet from medisys medical gave it to the nurse with the I-693, she said hold on a moment went into some back room took maybe 15 mins. ( thought i was going to die because everyone in the waiting room was hacking and coughing like crazy.) she came out with the papers in an envelope and signed and charged 34$ and I was out. I never even saw the dr!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

$35? NICE! They (CS in Syracuse, good ones) said that regardless they book everyone two appointments and assume they have not had a TB test done. This was *just* in case they are not satisfied with the documents then there is no hold backs. If everything is good 2nd appointment is cancelled. Total fee for both appointments is $160. She then explained if I do have everything good to go then they just look over it and sign for it like you mentioned. I didn't ask if I still need to pay the $160 in that case...

Sounds like everything is making sense now.

Thanks so much everyone!

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

Timeline

The woman put me in the computer as an "nurse visit" which was the cheapest charge in their system they use. On the phone I was told it would be 300$. So I was pretty releaved.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

The woman put me in the computer as an "nurse visit" which was the cheapest charge in their system they use. On the phone I was told it would be 300$. So I was pretty releaved.

How about giving the contact info for thr CS you went to?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Arizona

City/ Town: Phoenix

Date of Service: 12/16/09

CS Name: Dr. Renuka Khurana, Maricopa County Department of Public Health

CS Tel. no: (They don't answer/return calls but...) (602) 506-6909 1645 E. Roosevelt, Phoenix, AZ 85006

Cost: $65 (Just for transcription - all vacc. up to date)

Vaccine Transcription only available: y

Turnaround time: 2 weeks to get appt.

California

City/ Town: Sacramento

Date of Service: 11/25/09

CS Name: Dr. Mikhail Palatnik -ALLMED Medical Center

CS Tel. no: (916) 972 1100 (701 Howe Ave. Ste. C3 Sacramento, CA 95825)

Cost: $15 (Just for transcription - all vacc. up to date)

Turnaround time: arranged appointment date, done in less than an hour. also, given an exact copy of the 1-693 form.

**i did get 2 additional vaccinations here(MMR and Vericella) at $70 each- the most reasonable price i could find of all the 17 clinics i inquired within Sacramento. :star:

City/ Town: San Jose

Date of Service: 11/08/09

CS Name: Dr. Albert A. Gomez - Meridian Medical Group

CS Tel. no: Ph: (408) 729 5800 (1644 Alum Rock Ave, San Jose, CA 95116)

Cost: $10 (Just for transcription - all vacc. up to date)

Turnaround time: when we called, they asked to come (without appt) to give them biographic data and give a copy of a vaccination list; this can be also done by fax, which we did. Next day, come to sign the form, pay and get the sealed envelope.

City/ Town: Torrance

Date of Service: Oct 2008

CS Name: Dr. Jeffrey A Ostriker

CS Tel. no: Ph: (310) 328-3421 (2406 Torrance Boulevard, Torrance, CA 90501)

Cost: $50 (Just for transcription - all vacc. up to date)

Turnaround time: ~2-3 business days

Colorado

City/Town: Colorado Springs

Date of Service: 04/15/09

CS Name: Expresscare Plus

CS Tel. no: (719 597 4200) 2141 Academy Circle, Colorado Springs, CO 80909

Cost $ 58 for the TB skin test, the transcription came for free

City/Town: Denver

Date of Service: 12/5/09 (just called - no appt to confirm yet)

CS Name: Dr. Clarence Kluck, Denver Occupational & Aviational Medicine Clinic

CS Tel. no: (303) 373-4456 3700 Havana Street, Suite 200, Denver, CO 80239

Cost $10 (Just for transcription)

Florida

City/Town: Dade City

Date of Service: 12/10/2009

CS Name: Dr. Bhupinder K Dhalla, Pasco County Health Department

CS Tel. no: (352) 521-1450

Cost: $20

Florida

Dr Vera Robert

Collier Boulevard Medical Center

12565 Collier Boulevard

Naples, Fl 34116

(239) 455-9919

Georgia

City/ Town: Marietta

CS Name: Dr. David Williams

CS Tel. no: Ph: 770-955-2046 (2799 Delk Rd Marietta, GA 30067

Cost: $40 (Just for transcription - all vacc. up to date)

Idaho

City/Town: Boise

CS Name: Dr. Edward H Newcombe

CS Tel. no: Ph: (208) 375-0722 2036 North Cole Road, Boise, ID 83704

Cost: $30

Turnaround time: Tuesday and Thursday Walk-in for transcription, not sure for additional services

Illinois (2 recommendations)

City/ Town: Joliet

Date of Service: 11/05/09

CS Name: Physicians Immediate Care - Chicago

CS Tel. no: Ph: (815) 823-8800, Fax: (815) 729-2178 (1360 Houbolt Road Joliet, IL 60431)

Cost: $25 (Just for transcription - all vacc. up to date)

Turnaround time: Same day appt.

Indiana

City/Town: Lafayette, IN

Date of Service: 01/07/10

CS Name: Dr. William L. Bray, Regional Occupational Care Center

CS Tel. no: (765) 446-2450(1321 Unity Place,Suite A, Lafayette, IN 47905)

Cost: $75 (Transcription AND Physical - all vacc. up to date, except flu shot $20)

just checked TB (accepted my 3yrs old blood test result) and PRP( did not accept my 6 yrs old result, charged $17)

Turnaround time: arranged appointment date, done in less than an hour. also,

Maryland

City/Town: Bethesda, MD

Called 01/04/10

CS Name: Dr. Polly Steinberg

CS Tel. No: (301) 907-9550 (4905 Del Ray Avenue, Suite 302, Bethesda, MD 20814)

Cost: $30 (Just for transcription - all vacc. up to date)

City/ Town: Ellicott City/Columbia

CS Name: Dr. Mumtaz B Mehboob - 40 West Walk-In Medical Center

CS Tel. no: (410) 465-6300; 8455 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City, MD 21043

Cost: $115 (Full physical and vaccination transcription)

Vaccine Transcription only available: N

Turnaround time: Walk-in, they accept appointments on Friday; results completed in 2 days

Massachusetts

City/ Town: Boston

State: Massachusetts

Date of Service: 12/22/2009

CS Name: Dr. Brian Morris All One Health; The Summer Exchange Building

CS Tel. no: 617-357-4140 (101 Arch Street, Ste. 20, BOSTON, MA 02110)

Cost: $20

Turnaround time: While you wait

Minnesota

City/ Town: St. Louis Park

Date of Service: 2007

CS Name: Dr. C.E Michael Oldenburg MD American Immigrations of Twin Cities Medical Clinic

CS Tel. no: 952-922-0169 (3601 Park Center Blvd., Suite 205 St. Louis Park, MN 55416)

Cost: $25 - $75

Vaccine Transcription only available: unkn

Turnaround time:

Nebraska

City/ Town: Omaha

CS Name: Dr. Rodney Czsplewski, Total Healthcare Associates, PC

CS Tel. no: (402) 330-7403; 14610 West Center Road, Omaha, NE 68144

Cost: "reasonable"

Vaccine Transcription only available: Y

Turnaround time: Tuesday and Thursdays

New York

City/Town: Manhattan

CS Name: Dr. Noel L Smith, Foley Plaza Medical

CS Tel. no: Ph: (212) 385-3730 325 Broadway, Room 204, New York, NY 10007

Cost: $50

Turnaround time: unk

City/Town: Hopewell Junction

CS Name: Dr. Rabi Sinha

CS Tel. no: Ph: (845)226-4590, 45 Foster Road Hopewell Junction, NY 12533

Cost: $100, "office visit"

Vaccine Transcription but wanted to do full medical

North Carolina

City/Town: Chapel Hill, Garner, Roxboro

CS Name: Dr. Gonzalo A. Fernandez, Occupational Health Partners

CS Tel. no: Ph: (919) 661-0801 (all locations)

Cost: $25 (Just for transcription - all vacc. up to date)

City/Town: Charlotte

CS Name: Dr. Sonya Buchanan Concentra Medical Center

CS Tel. no: 704 338 1268 (1614 South Blvd 28203, 28208)

Cost: $40 (Just for transcription)

Pennsylvania

City/Town: Philadelphia

Date of Service: 1/16/10

CS Name: Dr. Emil P Sfedu, Executive Health Services, Inc.

716 North 24th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130

(215) 235-3000

Cost: $35.00 (Just transcription) Shots (if required) range from $64.00-$266.00

Vaccine Transcription only: y

Turnaround time: Saturday appt. so average 3-5 days

Pennsylvania

City/ Town: Norristown, Pennsylvania

Date of Service: 01/27/10

CS Name: Dr. Charles Cutler/Dr. Arthur Ersner

CS Tel. no: Ph: (610) 279-8300

Cost: $70 (Transcription,tb skin test,blood test,exam )

Turnaround time: arranged appointment date, done in less than an hour

Texas

City/ Town: Austin area

Date of Service: 12/8/09 (ish)

CS Name: Pro Med Emergency Clinic

CS Tel. no: Ph: 512-250-0424

Cost: $36 (Transcription only)

City/ Town: Dallas

Date of Service: 12/30/09

CS Name: Dr. Alfonso Ramirez

CS Tel. no: Ph: (214) 943-5773

Cost: $72 (Transcription,skin test,blood test )

- got my varicella vaccine from a public clinic $20

City/ Town: Houston

Date of Service: 01/06/2010

CS Name: Dr Bee Sun Lu

CS Tel. no: Ph: 713-622-0605

Cost: $150 (Full medical inc vaccination transcription)

Utah

City/ Town: Salt Lake City

Date of Service: 08/31/09

CS Name: Dr. Michael Cobble - Canyons Medical Center

CS Tel. no: Ph: (801) 967-6886 (9355 South 1300 East, Sandy, UT 84094)

Cost: $25 (Just for transcription - but made me get a Hep B vacc at another clinic)

Turnaround time: Same day appt.

Virginia

City/Town: Alexandria

Date of service: Not done, but called 12/23/09

CS Name: Dr. Satar Ahmadi

CS Tel. no: (703) 751-7331 (5249 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22304)

Cost: $50 (Just for transcription with all vacc's up to date)

Turnaround time: Same day service

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

How about giving the contact info for thr CS you went to?

UNMC Physicians

Bellevue, Nebraska

The specific exact one I went to recently moved out of the bellevue twincreaks mall location to another (not sure which one) but UNMC is all over nebraska because UNMC is part of Craighton Hospital.

this is the exact address where it USED to be at

68123 - Bellevue, NE

•Dr. Daniel E Halm, UNMC Physicians

3604 Summit Plaza Drive, Bellevue, NE 68123

(402) 595-2275

its not at that location now.

Edited by Inky

Timeline

They are probably trying to scam you and get more $$$ out of you by suggesting extra services - look for a new CS. I had the same issue and it took quite a bit of convincing before they would do the vaccination supplement...they still wanted to test my reflexes and look at me and my daughter.

I think they are somewhat leary of doing just the vaccinations since they are putting their name on that piece of paper and I suspect they run into fraud regularly.

The doctor I went to spoke less english then me and the entire office staff could barely spoke english - they catered to a specific group and I wasn't exactly it :)

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Ya I think they were just trying to make a little extra dough. I'm annoyed because it means a road trip when I'd rather just go locally but in the end it'll save me a lot of trouble and I can get it done a LOT sooner.

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

Timeline

When I was looking to have the I-693 done, I called over a dozen local civil surgeons and none of them would just do a transcription. They all wanted to do a full medical, and all wanted to give me extra vaccinations that I didn't need. The one doctor even quoted me $800 to have a medical done. Can you believe that? I was blown away.

I ended up just sending in the vaccination worksheet and was approved with that. I had an interview and they didn't care then either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.