jeniawwad

DFC in UAE - i130

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Hi. We have filed the I-130 in Abu Dhabi for my husband and I need some help.

Basically what i am trying to find out is how to find out where we stand in the application processing? ie. is there a number in the States that we can call or anything.

The process is a bit different in UAE, here's our summary:

Petitioner: Myself (American)

Beneficiary: My Husband (Palestinian/ Jordan Passport)

Marriage since: Nov 6, 2006 have 2 kids and expecting 3

We both live & work in Dubai, UAE

- April 1st 2010: We sent an email to the US Embassy in Abu Dhabi to schedule an appointment to submit our application & attend the interview.

- May 6, 2010: We went to the US Embassy and submitted all docs, interview went well, recieved the blue paper with case number and told that that need to do administrative processing but to start checking the website in 2 weeks..

- Aug 6, 2010: Sent 90-day follow-up email to embassy because our case number wasn't even coming up as valid.

- Aug 10, 2010: US Embassy responded by sending me a pre-fabricated email and not answering any of my actual questions.

- Aug 13, 2010: When we input his case number his name and "Under Administrative Processing" finally comes up on the screen.

- Sept 25.... current date almost 5 months have passed and no word about anything.....

I know that Processing times can vary greatly but it clearly says that less than 1% of their cases takes up to or more than 6 months.

Our biggest problem now is that I am due to give birth at the end of February and will have travel restrictions and the longer this drags out makes it a very tricky situation for us as a family.

If any one has any suggestions... I'm all ears. Don't mind if the process takes time, but just looking to find out where it actually stands and IF there is some problem that we don't know about holding up the process.

Thanks! J

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

'administrative processing' usually is some extra, deep namechecks.

Automation has helped tremendously over the past 5 years, now an FBI namecheck can get in/out in less than 120 days. Backgrounder on namechecks - http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/SecurityNameChecksAndAdministrativeReview.html

Can't really get the Embassy to give you any real data, alas

but

you can contact yer US REP / US Senator's office ,

and find the Immigration Staffer Liason Human -

prepare a detailed backgrounder , submit a SIGNED RELEASE/AUTHORIZATION FORM,

and then have them answer the following questions (for you - omitting any text inside parenthesis, below)

--where's the casefile currently?

(this will cause mild panic back at the embassy, as they will attempt to find it)

--the namechecks should be complete by now - please check the FBI queue for the result of the namecheck

(this will cause another mild panic at the embassy, someone will check the FBI queue)

--did the Consular Officer that originally handled the casefile transfer out of station? Who has the casefile now?

--We've never heard back from a Consular Official, we've only heard back from a local worker, who sent us a 'canned response' that didn't address our question at all. Please insist on 'Consular Official response' , do not accept 'local worker response' when you make your inquiry.

-----------------------

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Thanks so much for the info. Sorry to be a bit slow but if you have a sec, could you clarify some things you said for me?

1. When you said prepare a detailed backgrounder? Do you mean simply a detailed document stating our case and what's happened so far?

2. Regarding the background info and signed release form... Who should i send that to with the questions? US Rep, My Immigration Staff Liason or Consulate where we filed?

Thanks again for your help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1. yes

2. Signed Release form and detailed backgrounder is submitted to the Immigration Liason Staffer Human, who works in the US REP / US Senator's office.

going forward, once an ILS Human has the signed release form -

what you WANT them to do,

is to ask a Consular Officer (not an office worker) those questions.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.