jalie

Contacting a Congressman

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gary,

That sound like some good advise. I will contact our senator John McCain he should have some pull in Washington. This should be important to our state representatives since we are in the middle of some major immigration issues in Arizona. Sad but it is easier and less expensive for an immigrant to illegally cross the border that to go thru the proper immigration process.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Thank you Gary. Yes, Carlo has managed to contact the staff of Ron Paul. They were sweet humans and have already adviced us what steps we should take. I will post more when I will know more. As of now there is nothing to do than wait.

Here's the update:

September 22: The sadly famous second interview. CO decided to lock me in AP hell for two weeks. Asked him what's the problem but only got a curt 'sorry' for an answer.

September 28: Sent a terse letter to IVNaples and the Visa Section. Another copy was also sent to the Liaison Officer of my fiancé's Representative.

Received an immediate auto reply from Naples Visa Section telling they expect to answer my message in about two weeks, bla, bla.

Fiancé received a call from the liaison instructing him on how to proceed with our case.

September 30: Fiancé received a call from DOS. This good samaritan delivered the answer to my question which CO never liked to divulge.

October 06: End of the two-week time frame: NO ACTIVITY: No archangels in sight. Email traffic is boringly same o, same o.

October 12: Received an email from 'Gabriel' of IVNaples telling me to send them my passports as the visas are ready to be issued. WOW! Can't believe what I was reading. I suspected it to be a spam!

October 22: Visas were finally delivered. But took me an hour to finally eyeball them. When the courier got to my address I could not open the door for him. For some reason, the key won't work, the door bar/lock would not budge an inch.

I thank you all for being with me on this part of my journey. You will be hearing from me again soon in the next chapter. May God bless us all!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.