Captain Oates

Form 1722

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

ok so now I read the documents required for the interview

One of them is tax form 1722 for 3 years

So I search for it on VJ and google and everybody says different things.

Some say it's an outdated form and that simple original tax transcripts from the IRS are what is necessary

Some say no it's a special stamped form that needs to be obtained and you have to talk to the IRS for ages until someone knows what it is

I actually sent my tax transcripts with my N400. I just ordered them again and they will be here in 10 days or so and they are free

Has anybody been asked for a 1722 and were the transcripts ok ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Some say it's an outdated form and that simple original tax transcripts from the IRS are what is necessary

Some say no it's a special stamped form that needs to be obtained and you have to talk to the IRS for ages until someone knows what it is

I actually sent my tax transcripts with my N400. I just ordered them again and they will be here in 10 days or so and they are free

1722 is actually 4506T.

If you already provided tax transcripts say so at the interview.

Same thing happened at my interview when they asked for my husband's brith certificate and while I did have the original with me, I pointed out to the IO that it was all provided at the initial submission - she looked a bit closer and found it! Same with tax returns, even though I did bring the new 2009 transcript as it wasn't available when I sent in my application - only sent them full copy of tax return.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

1722 is actually 4506T.

If you already provided tax transcripts say so at the interview.

Same thing happened at my interview when they asked for my husband's brith certificate and while I did have the original with me, I pointed out to the IO that it was all provided at the initial submission - she looked a bit closer and found it! Same with tax returns, even though I did bring the new 2009 transcript as it wasn't available when I sent in my application - only sent them full copy of tax return.

Gets a bit tedious when we provided a lot of the stuff at GC stage.

I think the 1722 is often called for by universities etc to prove someone had NOT done a tax return - ie they had no taxable income

In that case, the universities ask for a stamped 1722 - perhaps such a beast did exist at one time....they even ask for the request form.

Like other posters, my concern is that the Interviewing Officer doesn't know that a tax extract of the return (and account) is what is required. It's a bit sticksy where I am going so I hope I don't get a rural newbie.

Some of the posts in history insist that the 1722 IS still current and is different to a tax extract. They insist that the 1722 is the form that comes out from the IRS and not the request form.

I wish the USCIS would get more professional about their forms and systems generally - all this about RFE when it's the fingerprints appointment etc - I mean, it's just very amateurish when we are paying $675 for the process.

It almost seems to be deliberately confusing. They sent me on a 400 mile round trip for fingerprints and then 100 miles for the interview ? Crackers.

moresheep400100.jpg

Gets a bit tedious when we provided a lot of the stuff at GC stage.

I think the 1722 is often called for by universities etc to prove someone had NOT done a tax return - ie they had no taxable income

In that case, the universities ask for a stamped 1722 - perhaps such a beast did exist at one time....they even ask for the request form.

Like other posters, my concern is that the Interviewing Officer doesn't know that a tax extract of the return (and account) is what is required. It's a bit sticksy where I am going so I hope I don't get a rural newbie.

Some of the posts in history insist that the 1722 IS still current and is different to a tax extract. They insist that the 1722 is the form that comes out from the IRS and not the request form.

I wish the USCIS would get more professional about their forms and systems generally - all this about RFE when it's the fingerprints appointment etc - I mean, it's just very amateurish when we are paying $675 for the process.

It almost seems to be deliberately confusing. They sent me on a 400 mile round trip for fingerprints and then 100 miles for the interview ? Crackers.

Was there anything closer for biometrics? I was sent to ASC somewhere in NW Indiana (EST) when I had ASC over by Midway. Of course, went to the one closer to me when I wanted and not when they scheduled me and showed them my mil. dependant card - taken in for bio without issues.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

Was there anything closer for biometrics? I was sent to ASC somewhere in NW Indiana (EST) when I had ASC over by Midway. Of course, went to the one closer to me when I wanted and not when they scheduled me and showed them my mil. dependant card - taken in for bio without issues.

I didn't want to go earlier as I was off on holiday and I had visions of em dropping an early interview on me.

I suppose I could have tried it a few days earlier at the local one but I just don't like chopping and changing with these guys as I know they will cancel ok but re-instate ? Too risky so I went with the flow

My interview is 11 days before my 3 year date so I wont be eligible for the ceremony immediately and will have to wait until they do their ceremonies every blue moon

Just doing all the original evidence and they ask for photo copies of everything so my scanner is glowing !

I reckon that's it finished now and I will just wait for the tax transcripts again ! Actually I called the IRS twice so i will have 2 sets of calcs and the account and will not have to copy em

Now what kind of wood was George Washington's teeth made out of ? Sick of this game now - lemme out of this process !

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I didn't want to go earlier as I was off on holiday and I had visions of em dropping an early interview on me.

I suppose I could have tried it a few days earlier at the local one but I just don't like chopping and changing with these guys as I know they will cancel ok but re-instate ? Too risky so I went with the flow

My interview is 11 days before my 3 year date so I wont be eligible for the ceremony immediately and will have to wait until they do their ceremonies every blue moon

Just doing all the original evidence and they ask for photo copies of everything so my scanner is glowing !

I reckon that's it finished now and I will just wait for the tax transcripts again ! Actually I called the IRS twice so i will have 2 sets of calcs and the account and will not have to copy em

Now what kind of wood was George Washington's teeth made out of ? Sick of this game now - lemme out of this process !

Hi Alan the Red, i am waiting for my interview letter too. May i ask what are the things they ask you to bring with your for the interview? Good luck with your interview.

Timeline

Hi Alan the Red, i am waiting for my interview letter too. May i ask what are the things they ask you to bring with your for the interview? Good luck with your interview.

Hi there

there is quite a list

originals and a photo copy (again !) for:

usual stuff like GC

driver's license

and all passports you have had since GC started

marriage certificate

divorces for you and spouse

spouse birth certificate and passport (it's ambiguous so both)

tax transcripts (it says form 1722 but people seem to think that means transcripts) - of both your tax account (what you owed) and the tax return - normal transcripts have both...

THEN

they want proof of marital union - everyone is different - mine is:

so house purchase

property tax joint

utility bills joint

car ownership joint

car insurance etc joint

town utilities

me as covered under spouse's work insurance for medical/dental and proof spouse still works there

WE don't have joint bank accounts so no arguments in theory - though I doesn't work that way when I bung my adult kids a few k's which reduces the will

But I have had to dig it all out again and do lots of copying and I ordered the transcripts (free) twice so i don't have to copy em when they arrive

anyway it's all done so that's that !

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

I actually went to my local IRS office and spoke to the head tax adviser and their regional director and was told both times that it was an outdated (and totally phased out) form from many years ago. A stamped, official-looking letter from the IRS containing the tax payer's information showing taxes owed, penalty accrued payment plans etc I was told at another office and over the phone. The same information is included in the account transcript. To better replace 1722, I was given the account transcript, and to better represent my tax returns, I was given the tax return transcript. You can use 4506-T to request a tax return and/or account transcript, and a record of account and verification of non-filing (if applicable).

But I still had to be stubborn and went on to ask for an official looking paper (some IO's are as outdated as these forms, just my thinking then--got a hip IO) , I had his minions print me the "account transcript" data from the computer with their logo and even the computer terminal and database at the bottom. Can't think of anything else to make it official as the director would not give me an official letter, or agree to sign something to my benefit. tongue.gif

Interview came, IO specifically looked at my tax return transcripts and account transcript and dutifully remarked "Oh, I see you just got them recently from IRS... good, good, you come very prepared."

So yes, in my case, the transcripts were sufficient and current enough to his liking. It all depends upon the IO's discretion I digress.

Edited by ~krakatoa~

Timeline

I actually went to my local IRS office and spoke to the head tax adviser and their regional director and was told both times that it was an outdated (and totally phased out) form from many years ago. A stamped, official-looking letter from the IRS containing the tax payer's information showing taxes owed, penalty accrued payment plans etc I was told at another office and over the phone. The same information is included in the account transcript. To better replace 1722, I was given the account transcript, and to better represent my tax returns, I was given the tax return transcript. You can use 4506-T to request a tax return and/or account transcript, and a record of account and verification of non-filing (if applicable).

But I still had to be stubborn and went on to ask for an official looking paper (some IO's are as outdated as these forms, just my thinking then--got a hip IO) , I had his minions print me the "account transcript" data from the computer with their logo and even the computer terminal and database at the bottom. Can't think of anything else to make it official as the director would not give me an official letter, or agree to sign something to my benefit. tongue.gif

Interview came, IO specifically looked at my tax return transcripts and account transcript and dutifully remarked "Oh, I see you just got them recently from IRS... good, good, you come very prepared."

So yes, in my case, the transcripts were sufficient and current enough to his liking. It all depends upon the IO's discretion I digress.

Heck you are a worrier too ! Neither of us can out worry my mrs. She says if I dont rotate the wheels on my toyota service then it will invalidate the 5 year engine warranty !

As I ordered two transcripts+account details this week, I think I will give him one unopened just as it comes from the IRS and tell him its unopened. I actually included one with my n400 application so we will have 3 originals between us !

I wish they would clean up their act over this 1722 business but I guess we are all too scared to make an issue of it in the interview and just want to get out of there.

Why doesn't their supervisor read this forum ?

As long as I don't get an IO who doesn't speak much English and is a there because of positive discrimination, it should be ok. Anyone who has called the misinfo line knows what I am talking about. jeez. It is entirely possible I will get one that insists on seeing a piece of paper with form 1722 on it.

Actually, I might write to the USCIS after I get my passport and tell em it's out of date and confusing

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.