ickkk

case completed but without SIF

13 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Our petition is under F1 category (usc's unmarried child, over 21). The case was completed by NVC on Aug 31, 2010. [The priority date is also current since March 2010.] The case completion was confirmed by AVR as well as several NVC human operators. However, after 20 days of case completion, we are still able to sign in to the on-line payment site without problem. We can sill access the payment page, and all of the bills (AOS, IV) are still showing up as "Paid."

From what I can gather on the VJ forum, it looks like SIF is either before the case completion or shortly after case completion updated by AVR or NVC operators. However, our case has been completed for 20 days, and still without SIF -- should we be concerned? I am asking because I don't want the case to be sitting at NVC but not be in the queue for interview scheduling.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you should be talking to a NVC Human via telephone.

Strongly suggest you get a Supervisor (not the first person that answers the phone)

pointed questions to ask:

--are 'documents complete' or not?

--are the namechecks finished?

--is casefile in 'final review' or not?

--when will casefile be reviewed for 'final review' ?

--did you lose the casefile ?

--who has the casefile today?

--anything missing from the casefile? Am I waiting on a 'checklist letter' to ask me for more documents, or not?

-=-=-=--=-=--=

It'd be great if you could 'post back' your telephone experience with NVC, here, after asking all those questions to a NVC Supervisor, soonish.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks for the information, Darnell.

I just called NVC and talked to an operator as well as a supervisor.

I went down the list of questions that you suggested, and the supervisor said that everything is good. According to her, NVC has completed all the processing and no information is missing. It is in the queue for interview scheduling, and it is just waiting for an interview date. I then asked her about the fact that I am still able to sign-in to the payment page, and she said that it is fine.

So..... should I still be concerned? or what else should I do to make sure that our case is really "completed and fine" and really is just waiting for an interview date.

Thanks!

Timeline

ah - 'in the queue' for interview scheduling...

usually that means the 'final review' is already completed.

The only other thing to verify, (maybe you know this already) is

how/when NVC schedules interviews for your Embassy.

Some Embassies get scheduled, by NVC, during the 2nd week of the month .

Some have 'insta-queue' - no waiting, just wham! and go.

Others handle it internally, after the casefile shows up at the Embassy.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

ah - 'in the queue' for interview scheduling...

usually that means the 'final review' is already completed.

The only other thing to verify, (maybe you know this already) is

how/when NVC schedules interviews for your Embassy.

Some Embassies get scheduled, by NVC, during the 2nd week of the month .

Some have 'insta-queue' - no waiting, just wham! and go.

Others handle it internally, after the casefile shows up at the Embassy.

I did search around earlier this weekend to see if I can find out more specific information relating to how the consulate in Taiwan schedules interviews. So far, no luck, though.

Timeline

hey - if you select 'Taiwan' as the country for yer member profile

then you can easily get to (and study) the Taiwan portal here.

Maybe it's time to change up yer member profile, and *gasp* put in yer official VJ timeline over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=88014

Timeline

I did search around earlier this weekend to see if I can find out more specific information relating to how the consulate in Taiwan schedules interviews. So far, no luck, though.

Ultimately, NVC knows, and can tell you, when you ask.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our petition is under F1 category (usc's unmarried child, over 21). The case was completed by NVC on Aug 31, 2010. [The priority date is also current since March 2010.] The case completion was confirmed by AVR as well as several NVC human operators. However, after 20 days of case completion, we are still able to sign in to the on-line payment site without problem. We can sill access the payment page, and all of the bills (AOS, IV) are still showing up as "Paid."

From what I can gather on the VJ forum, it looks like SIF is either before the case completion or shortly after case completion updated by AVR or NVC operators. However, our case has been completed for 20 days, and still without SIF -- should we be concerned? I am asking because I don't want the case to be sitting at NVC but not be in the queue for interview scheduling.

Thanks in advance for your help!

hi your case was completed same as the day as mine was completed and still can sign in too! made me bother too... nice to know everything is just okay and just normal. hope we get our interview date the soonest.. goodluck:thumbs:

Timeline

i received NVC's reply about my case status and this was the message...

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's

processing has been received. As soon as an interview date has been

scheduled, the designated representative of this case (applicant,

petitioner, or attorney) will be notified. The US Embassy or Consulate

General may require additional documentation at the time of the

interview.

Timeline

hi your case was completed same as the day as mine was completed and still can sign in too! made me bother too... nice to know everything is just okay and just normal. hope we get our interview date the soonest.. goodluck:thumbs:

Good to know that we're not alone with cases completed but without SIF. Good luck, and fingers crossed that it is really fine without that SIF. Keep us posted.

Timeline

Update:

This is very interesting - just several hours after I talked to NVC operator/ supervisor, I decided to check whether I can still login to the payment site (even though they told me that it is fine without a SIF). And guess what, now it is a Sign-in Fail.

Timeline

Yay ! Congratulations ! When you get a chance - click the flag under yer name - it jumps you straight to the Taiwan Portal.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Update:

This is very interesting - just several hours after I talked to NVC operator/ supervisor, I decided to check whether I can still login to the payment site (even though they told me that it is fine without a SIF). And guess what, now it is a Sign-in Fail.

me too...got that sign in fail september 20... lols

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.