Ann 26

Anyone Filed in May???

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

My husband filed for my daughter in May (I-130 child under 21). We got NOA 1 very soon. We relocated and we also got mail that they have updated our address. It has been exactly 4 months today after NOA1 but we never got anything else from them

How long would it take to approve the petition? Website says average 5 months and I can wait another 1 month.

Can I call them after 5 months if we don't hear anything from them?

Anyone filed in May?

Please let me know if anyone is in the same situation or how is the progress of those guys who filed in May 2010

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

My husband filed for my daughter in May (I-130 child under 21). We got NOA 1 very soon. We relocated and we also got mail that they have updated our address. It has been exactly 4 months today after NOA1 but we never got anything else from them

How long would it take to approve the petition? Website says average 5 months and I can wait another 1 month.

Can I call them after 5 months if we don't hear anything from them?

Anyone filed in May?

Please let me know if anyone is in the same situation or how is the progress of those guys who filed in May 2010

Thanks

Seems like things really slowed down this summer, there's a bunch of us who filed in May and haven't seen anything after NOA1. I know it doesn't help you (it sure doesn't help me), but there's a lot of us in the same situation and we just have to wait.

Sorry I can not give you a better answer.

Wife's AOS

5/13/10 AOS Package sent

5/16/10 Package received

5/20/10 Checks cashed

5/26/10 NOA Received

5/26/10 Cases showing online

6/04/2010 Fingerprints note

6/25/2010 Fingerprints

7/19/2010 Interview letter received

7/21/2010 EAD Production Ordered

7/21/2010 AP application touched

7/27/2010 AP Received

7/31/2010 EAD Received

8/24/2010 Interview Scheduled - Approved, passport stamped

8/24/2010 Card production email

9/04/2010 GC Received!!!

Children's I-130

5/13/10 I-130 Package sent

5/16/10 Package received

5/20/10 Checks cashed

5/24/10 NOA Received

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I filed for my parents at the beginning of May and have still not received anything except for the NOA1. I called a few weeks ago and was told to give it five months (till October) before enquiring again. Glad to know I'm not the only one waiting.

N-400

12/14/09 Mailed application to Lewisville, Texas

04/23/10 Sworn in. America's newest citizen!

I-130

04/26/10 Mailed parents' applications to Chicago

05/03/10 NOA 1 from CSC

10/05/10 I-130 approvals for both parents received

I filed for my parents at the beginning of May and have still not received anything except for the NOA1. I called a few weeks ago and was told to give it five months (till October) before enquiring again. Glad to know I'm not the only one waiting.

Thanks guys,

It seems they slowed down. I was hoping it would be done quicker but oh well....

It is good to share the info though, we feel less worried when we know that we are not the only ones...

Thanks guys,

It seems they slowed down. I was hoping it would be done quicker but oh well....

It is good to share the info though, we feel less worried when we know that we are not the only ones...

We have in the same boat I filed first week of May for my mom and no NOA2 yet. I called the immigration and the girl told me to wait till 5 months. Sad...........

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

We also applied for my in-laws (NOA1 May 4th) and still havent received NOA2. I am also glad to know that I am not alone.

Now that my husband is a citizen, we are preparting documents to apply to bring his parents here.

CSC

04/24/10: I-130 package mailed

05/04/10: Notice Date

10/06/10: Approval Date

NVC

10/12/10: NVC Case# generated

10/22/10: Updated both email ids. DS-3032 e-mailed

10/26/10: IIN Received. AOS fee IN PROCESS. Emailed barcoded

10/30/10: AOS fee PAID, AOS package mailed

11/03/10: IV fee PAID, IV package mailed

12/07/10: RFE for I-864 Entered into System

12/13/10: RFE for DS-230 entered into system

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.