Faisal khan

Passport expires during Admin process

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

After k1 visa interview its being 11 months my case is in Admin process, embassy asked for 10 months valid passport thats why my passport is expire.

Embassy have my expire passport should i inform them my passport is expire and if they return after renew i will send them back, i want to save my time b/c when they willing to issue me visa they will found my passport is expire and they will send and it will take around 2 weeks to renew it.

Should i ask them to send my passport back ?

Also medical report and police certificate is valid only for 6 months, do i need these things again?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

If it has been more than one years since your interview all your papers will be expired. I would recommend you contact the embassy in regards to the passport to obtain a new one since it must be valid for at least six months at the time the visa is inserted.

As to all your paperwork I would wait until your visa is ready, no sense in having a new medical until they need it. You will need a new medical and will have to sign a new visa application. You should also be prepared to submit a new affidavit of support. Don't know about the police certificate.

Good luck and God bless.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If it has been more than one years since your interview all your papers will be expired. I would recommend you contact the embassy in regards to the passport to obtain a new one since it must be valid for at least six months at the time the visa is inserted.

As to all your paperwork I would wait until your visa is ready, no sense in having a new medical until they need it. You will need a new medical and will have to sign a new visa application. You should also be prepared to submit a new affidavit of support. Don't know about the police certificate.

Good luck and God bless.

No it is not 12 months, should i wait to complete 12 months or should i contact b/c my passport already expire and may be they are not looking into it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Yes have contact them about the passport and obtain a new one now. Do not wait on this. I meant to wait on the new medical and such until the visa is ready as, God forbid, it may take another year to finish the AP.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My Dear Faisal Khan,

You may request for return of passport as you will need it when renewing the passport.

As for the medical and police certificates, they both are valid for 1 year. Police certificate states it is valid for 6 months but embassy accepts it valid for 1 year. This is my friend's exprience. As for the medical, you may wait for medical once you hear from embassy as medical is quite expensive and god forbid it is expired while waiting for another long. Affidavit of support would be needed afresh when you hear from embassy for visa issuance.

In my opinion, I have seen quite few cases whose admin processing exceeds over 15 months. May God help you in obtaining your visa soonest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.