laraandjeff

Confused interview or no interview this is getting frustrating

7 posts in this topic

Hi to all in VJ land I have a dilemma that just gets more confusing by the day. In early july we were tranfered to CSC from Atlanta. On July 24 Atlanta sent me an interview notice for Sept 11. On July 28 we recieved a notice from Cali that Our case had been approved and a welcome notice was sent. We recieved that notice a few days later.On Aug 8 we recieved an email that the case was approved and that an Approval notice was mailed. We didnt receive that but I assume that an approval notice and the welcome letter are 1 in the same so really we did get it, so I called NCSC as to whether I needed to go to the interview. I was told that there was a nationwide error that sent interview letters to people already approved and that I didnt need to go to the interview and that we were indeed approved. So I sat on this for awhile thinking ok I dont need to go but then I thought I had better call again and make sure that I recieved the right information not wanting to miss the interview because of false info. So yesterday I called them again and was told that I had to go to the interview as all marriage based visas require an interview ( which I know is false info) she also told me that yes I was approved but they wouldnt order my card until after the interview. so I figured I now I have go to the interview. Well Today I recieved 6 emails from USCIS saying" On AUgust 17, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed as soon as it is ready." What the heck is going on ,do I go to the interview even after I have my green card in hand? And why cant the people inthe NCSC agree on the same issue. Do I call again and get a third opinion. And last but not least why isnt there a phone # for the Atlanta office. Sorry this post is so long but I really needed to vent. Any input would be greatly apprieciated. Lara

Lara and Jeff

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, it sounds like you are aproved. An infopass appointment is a good idea to clarify the situation.

I think you should be celebrating as it sounds like very good news :dance::dance::dance:

Canadian married to USC

Entered on H1b visa

June 12 mailed to Chicago lockbox

June 13 RD

June 20 ND I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765

July 6 FP I-485 I-765

RD Interview Nd July 16

Interview August 30

Approved August 30

Green Card Arrived Septmeber 13

It definitely sounds like you are approved. This would definitely override any interview request. You will probably get you GC prior to your interview.

Once you do, I would personally disregard the interview request..

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline
It definitely sounds like you are approved. This would definitely override any interview request. You will probably get you GC prior to your interview.

Once you do, I would personally disregard the interview request..

Exactly. You are approved, and you will get your GC in couple of days. If it doesn't come brefore your interview date I would go and talk to them.

Good luck.

A

February 1, 2006 - Married in Brooklyn, NY

February 7, 2006 - I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 Filed

February 18, 2006 - NOA for I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765

March 16, 2006 - Biometrics for I-765, I-485

March 16, 2006 - I-131, I-130 touched

March 18, 2006 - I-765, I-485 touched

March 18, 2006 - RFE for I-485

March 20, 2006 - I-485 touched

March 27, 2006 - RFE sent out

March 31, 2006 - USCIS received the RFE

April 3, 2006 - I-485 touched

April 5, 2006 - I-485 touched

April 6, 2006 - I-485 touched

April 19, 2006 - AP approved

April 24, 2006 - AP received in the mail

April 22, 2006 - EAD touched

April 24, 2006 - EAD approved

April 29, 2006 - EAD received in the mail

May 15, 2006 - Interview letter received

July 12, 2006 - Interview

July 12, 2006 - APPROVED!!!!

August 14, 2006 - Welcome to the US letter and I-130 approval received in the mail

August 15, 2006 - Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

So far so good

Thanks everyone for the input and yes I am celebrating. If I do make an infopass does my husband need to be there? Im just trying to avoid having him take a day off work and having to take my daughter out of highschool (she's been approved also K2). I would just hate to go to the interview which is an hour and a half away and have them miss work and school for the officers to say that I wasted my time going. Do you need an appointment for info pass? How does it work? thanks again Lara

Lara and Jeff

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You make an online infopass appointment usinng the USCIS website - http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

Just click on infopass and it will guide you through the process. You will need your case # and a few other such details and you can choose a date and time for the interview (at least I was able to do that in Denver) so try it out. Don't forget to print out the appointment and take it with you. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.