krisella81

Cenomar/CenMar

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

i am married in US and came back in PI and applying for a CR1 visa.My question is do i still need a Cenomar/CenMar during interview?! i havent report our marriage in the Phil Consulate,is that going to be a problem?! please help...

Thanks...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i am married in US and came back in PI and applying for a CR1 visa.My question is do i still need a Cenomar/CenMar during interview?! i havent report our marriage in the Phil Consulate,is that going to be a problem?! please help...

Thanks...

Im confused....someone is filing a CR1 spousal visa for you? But your asking about a CENOMAR? You can only get a CENORMAR if you have are not married...i.e. Single... Can you clarify your status...ie currently divorced..currently married..etc.

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im confused....someone is filing a CR1 spousal visa for you? But your asking about a CENOMAR? You can only get a CENORMAR if you have are not married...i.e. Single... Can you clarify your status...ie currently divorced..currently married..etc.

thanks for the reply...im currently married...correct,husband is filing CR1 spousal visa for me...

you still need the Cenomar all this is, is a certficate from the Census Should your marriage is on record

for married folks we call its a CEMAR(Certificate of Marriage) not to be confused with your Marriage Certificate Both of which can be gotten at the NSO

Always and Forever

Ronald & Elvira Williams and Ronny Jr.

Timeline

thanks for the reply...im currently married...correct,husband is filing CR1 spousal visa for me...

So, I am still confused. :bonk: If you are currently married, you don't need a CENOMAR. Only proof of your legal marriage. Where did you get married, in the PI or the US? If you married in the Phils, you would have had to obtain a CENOMAR then to get a marriage license. In any case, you dont need a CENOMAR (In fact, couldn't get one as you are already married)

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

Timeline

you still need the Cenomar all this is, is a certficate from the Census Should your marriage is on record

for married folks we call its a CEMAR(Certificate of Marriage) not to be confused with your Marriage Certificate Both of which can be gotten at the NSO

CENOMAR....Certificate of NO MARRIAGE

CEMAR....Certificate of Marriage....

Yep, you will need the CEMAR...NOT the CENOMAR.

I kept reading your question as CENOMAR..... :bonk:

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

Filed: Country:
Timeline

At her interview the IO told my wife that all he needed was to confirm our marriage was listed on her CEMAR! Luckily we spent the money so she had it in her packet of evidence that she carried into the USEM.

Get your US Marriage registered with NSO and get the CEMAR, you never know if they'll ask for it but I'd rather have it and not be asked then encounter a delay if they do want it.

You will need a certificate of marriage and you should have filed a Report of Marriage so your marriage is on record at NSO in the Phils. However maybe your marriage certificate/license will suffice as a Certificate of Marriage?

You will need to register your marriage with the NSO. Once complete, you can request your CEMAR. ( Certificate of Marriage) The marriage certificate from the US will not meet this requirement. Why didn't you just file for AOS in the States after you got married? What type of Visa were you in the US on?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-06-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-19

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-08-03

NVC Received : 2010-08-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-09-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-09-18

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-09-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-09-25

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-05

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.